Doubt something is wrong with your browser when homepage and search engine have been redirected to search.conduit.com and vGrabber respectively? Actually, these changes are aroused by vGrabber Toolbar which has bad effect on your PC, especially browsers. Read more; follow the removal guide below step by step to get rid of this toolbar.
What is vGrabber Toolbar
vGrabber Toolbar belongs to the category of browser hijacker, which is not really a virus but a potentially unwanted program(PUP). As an appendage to free software, shareware or others like video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators, it installs on your computer without your knowledge.
Screenshot of vGrapper Toolbar
What vGrabber Toolbar Will Do on Your PC
■ Install PUPs to windows operating system
Once vGrabber Toolbar infiltrate your PC, it will install vGrpper Toolbar and search Protected by conduit, PC back up, Hotspot Shield Toolbar to your windows operating system.
■ Modify Browsers default settings
vGrabber toolbar will redirect your homepage to http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3059010&CUI=UN97193551617840288&UM=2&SearchSource=13&UP=SP08067D8B-1DA5-442D-A2EF-8A2E985D34BC and search engine to Vgrabber Customized Web Search. Besides, it adds extension to your browser which is not easily to find.
■ Display ads and sponsored links in the search result
There will be some ads and sponsored links corresponding to what you query in the search results after infected by vGrabber Toolbar. For example, you type dotfab into the search bar, the n just click one link, you will see some ads and numerous sponsored links like below:
Real Purpose of vGrabber Toolbar
Although you regard them as annoyances, vGrabber Toolbar will try hard to collect your browsing habits to offer you more related ads and sponsored links. It is just like it is looking for what you like and then display you associated ads to attract your attention. Thus, the real purpose of vGrabber Toolbar is not just hijacking your browsers. It accesses to your personal information, collects your browsing habits and monitors your internet activities for commercial use. This is why you will see some of ads and sponsored links displayed in your internet search results. It attempts to attract your to these ads to make you the target of internet sales. So it can generate traffic and revenues.
Once your personal information is collected for commercial uses, you will receive a lot of inexplicable spam and junk mail, which always contain various ads and sponsored links that strive to convince you that you need them badly. More badly, you may get the calls from telemarketers to promote their products to you.
How to Avoid Being Infected by vGrabber Toolbar
Considering that you may be prompted to download different kind of free software stating it is useful for you from the internet, especially these websites: download.com, softonic.com, soft32.com, and Brothersoft, you’d better be cautious and attentive when download free software.
Always Remember that installing free software from unknown websits may be equal to installing some browser hijackers, toolbars or other type of malware. Mostly, you don’t know that there is a malicious program installing on your PC and modifying some settings of your PC system and browsers as this installation runs when you keep the option—Recommended installation the free software gives you when install this free software. Therefore, please always remember to select Customize installation and refuse any unknown programs’ installation.
How to Remove vGrapper Toolbar
Removal steps outline
- Step 1: Uninstall vGrabber Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
- Step 2: Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome (automatically/manually)
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall vGrabber Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for vGrabber Toolbar, search Protected by conduit and other PUPs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for vGrabber Toolbar, search Protected by conduit and other PUPs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for vGrabber Toolbar, search by Protected by conduit and other PUPs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Although vGrabber Toolbar can be removed from control panel, there are still leftover items of this PUP remaining your PC system without your Knowledge. Anvi Uninstaller bundled with Cloud System Booster （System Maintenance& Optimizer) is recommended to help you remove this toolbar thoroughly and easily.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select vGrabber Toolbar, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove search Protected by conduit and other unwanted programs one by one.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing vGrabber Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations.
Please note: Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version.
6. After removing vGrabber Toolbar, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close. for this toolbar, there is no leftover items found, and then please click close to finish the operation.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome(automatically/manually)
——Repair browser damages via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select vGrabber extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
——Manunally repair browser damages
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://search.conduit.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Vgrabber Toolbar and then click on Disable.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://search.conduit.com/ into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling vGrabber Toolbar. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed vGrabber Toolbar completely.
Though you remove vGrabber Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.