This article offers complete removal guide on how to get rid of Browser Security ads.
What is Browser Security
Browser Security claims it is a safeguarded application against harmful online threats that access through your web browsers. However, none of us know it for sure. Once installed, Browser Security may add the same name browser extension to your browsers. Commonly, such kind of browser app is for the third party service including pop-up ads, links and commercial offers and so on. To some extent, it is an potentially unwanted program generating annoying pop-up ads rather than a security program.
Look here, the screenshot of Browser Security
If you are tricked into trusting it and installing it, then you agree that Browser Security extension to be added to browsers and engaged in injecting ads on your websites as well as accessing your online activity.
Due to Browser Security extension, you will suffer from the consequence that your browsers are bombard with various ads, links and other supposed third party services. All of these pop-ups are for drawing your attention. Clicking and purchasing can help the owner of Browser Security get revenue and traffic.
To maximize its profits, Browser Security extension has to personalize its pop-up content to collect more sales leads for other websites. This is why you can always see ads related to your preference appearing on webpage. How does Browser Security manage it? By tracking your browsing cookies, and accessing all your websites, tabs and online activity as well as saving your web search queries, it knows your interests and browsing habit easily as well as your privacy information. But you are not clearly noted what happened.
If you hate such ads, you are not only need to remove all related adware and extension but know how to safely surf to avoid similar infections.
• Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is highly recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker; and you’d better make sure whether you have turned on security features of internet browsers for safer surfing online for blocking malicious websites by your browser itself automatically.
• Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
• Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
• Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
• Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
To get rid of WinWeb Protection program and its pop-ups and ads, please follow the removal steps below. For any question, please feel free to leave it below the article. We are glad to solve it for as soon as possible.
How to Remove Browser Security?
Five steps for removal of Browser Security
- ❶ Uninstall Browser Security and other PUP from computer
- ❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.BrowserSecurity) and other virus infection hidden in your PC
- ❸ Eliminate Browser Security browser extension from all of browsers
- ❹ Clean up leftovers of Browser Security and optimize your PC
- ❺ Deep cleanup for you disk(Optional)
❶ Uninstall Browser Security and other PUP from computer
Possibly, Browser Security intalls on PC along with other PUP, so please locate Browser Security and other PUP such as Jump Flip, Snap do, Connect Toolbar, Mobogenie, etc and any other unknown and suspicious program from control panel to ensure your PC is free from any negative program.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Browser Security, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Browser Security, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Alternative uninstall method
(use free tool Anvi Uninstaller offered by system optimizer Cloud System Booster)
Install and start Could System Booster(link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html)→Click on “ToolBox” right under the homepage→download and run Anvi Uninstaller→select Browser Security and remove(skip the first step “Creat System Restore Point“).
You can directly clean up leftovers of Browser Security after uninstall the PUP.
❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.BrowserSecurity) and other virus infections hidden in your PC
PUP.XXX including PUP.BrowserSecurity refers to malicious files of potentially unwanted programs like Browser Security remain in your PC which can’t removed from control panel. As Browser Security ad is suspicious of misleading you to malicious websites contain virus infections, you need use antivirus software to scan and remove all of virus infections.
❸ Eliminate Browser Security browser extension from all of browsers
Because plugins related to Browser Security will not disappear with the removal of Browser Security and other viruses, you must remove them get rid of popups from Browser Security and keep the security of your personal information.
Slim Toolbar (a pro tool contained in PC optimizing software Cloud System Booster that we recommend for you to clean up junk files and optimize computer in step 4) specializes in detecting and removing malicious and negative toolbar, add-on, extension, plugin and browser help object in major browsers.
Removal process demonstration:
1. Purchase the Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php and install it according its navigation.
Run it→click the arrow at the lower right corner→click Slim Toolbar
Remove Browser Security related add-on from your browser like what the similar picture shows below.
It is also available for you to use another independent and free version of Slim ToolBar to remove Browser Security plug-ins automatically.
The trial version is free for 15 days: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Start it and click Manager. Then select Browser Security add-on on all browsers and remove.
–Or you can choose to manually remove Browser Security plug-in from your browser
Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Browser Security and then click on Disable.
Switch to the Extensions Tab. Click Remove to get rid of Browser Security.
Locate Browser Securityand then remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
❹ Clean up leftovers of Browser Security and optimize your PC
The residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries of Browser Security and other viruses, which are not malicious but slow down your PC speed must be clean up. Because the excess leftovers will crash down your running program easily and do harmful to your PC. Here the system maintenance and optimization tool Cloud System Booster is recommended.
Download link of Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Note: Because some users had thier computers been infected with Browser Security via malicious websites. In order to reduce the chance that the adware gets onto PC again when you visit malicious sites in your browsing history by accident, please follow us to clean up you browser cookies.
Back to Could System Booster Homepage→click Disk Cleaner→scroll over and opt for Internet Explorer Cookies, Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies→Click Start Clean to remove them.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
❺ Deep cleanup for you disk
After a longtime of use, your disk must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.