This article contains step-by-step instructions on how to remove Buump.me redirect from IE/Firefox/Google Chrome. Please read and still.
Do You Know Buump.me Redirect
Screenshot of Buump.me redirect
Buump.me redirect is defined as browser hijacker. It is a similar virus to Qvo6.com and Delta-home.com virus whose known damages to computer are modifying users’ default browser settings and installing unfriendly program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) onto computers. In addition to these, Buump.me redirect virus will exhibit other malicious traits. All of them are listed below:
● Redirect your frequent used homepage of IE, Firefox or Google Chrome to http://buump.me/
● Display ads or sponsored links in your search results. Meanwhile, some annoying popups will also appear when you are visiting web.
● Redirect you to other different websites when browsing webpage. Or unknown webpages pop up when you open a certain website.
● Add toolbar and extensions to your browsers without your knowledge.
Maybe not all of symptoms described above will appear, but Buump.me redirect do have these bad influence s. So you should remove this virus as a matter of urgency.
Wonder Where Buump.me redirect Comes From
After infected by Buump.me redirect, users’ always wonder where this browser hijacker come from; through what ways it goes to their PC?
Buump.me redirect infects your computer system mainly through two ways–along with freeware and fake installers. Typically, bundling with freeware to install on your PC sneakily is the most popular one. That is, many of victims are suffer from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tells you that your software like Flash Play need to update. These fake installers may carry Buump.me redirect, too.
How to Avoid Being Infected by Buump.me Redirect
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
Similar redirect viruses that probably hijack your browsers are listed below. If you are troubled by one of them now, you can get an effective removal guide from these articles.
Dale Search Toolbar/dalesearch.com redirect virus , Mysearch.avg.com redirect virus, Start.search.us.com redirect virus, Search.certified-toolbar.com Hijacker , Visualbee.delta-search.com redirect virus, www1.delta-search.com redirect virus, Safehomepage.com virus,mixidj.delta-search.com Hijacker, Shareaza Virus and Ask.com redirect virus, Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search redirect virus , etc.
How to Remove Buump.me redirect
- Step 1: Uninstall Programs related to Buump.me redirect and other unknown applications from control panel
- Step 2: Remove Buump.me redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC
Step1> Uninstall Programs related to Buump.me redirect and other unknown applications from control panel
For Windows XP:
Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for the programs related to Buump.me redirect like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista:
Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Look for the programs related to Buump.me redirect like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8:
Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for the programs related to Buump.me redirect like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Step2> Remove Buump.me redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
2. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section. Click Reset browser settings.
3. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows them to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
If you want know what settings will be impacted after resetting your browser settings, please see Reset browser settings on Google’s website.
2 Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3 To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4 Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
2 Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
3 Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
4 In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
5 When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
6 Close Internet Explorer.Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Or you can use Anvi Slim Toolbar to remove Buump.me redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE to recover your original browser settings or personalize your browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select malicious extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Buump.me redirect. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Now, you have removed Buump.me redirect completely.
Due to browser hijackers like Buump.me going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
Though you remove Buump.me redirect and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.