If you are experiencing pop-ups, banners, in-text, full-page, or interstitial ads marked as “Ads by Cloud Desktop ”, “Cloud Desktop Deals”, “Powered by Cloud Desktop ” and so on, it means your computer has been infected by the potentially unwanted program Cloud Desktop adware virus. This adware removal guide will show you how to get rid of Cloud Desktop ads and Cloud Desktop deals completely from your system.
What is Cloud Desktop ?
As a browser extension, plugin or addon, Cloud Desktop usually displays various advertisements and coupon deals for shopping websites like Amazon, Walmart, Expedia, etc. within Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox when you whilst surf on the webs.
Once Cloud Desktop is installed, the pop-up ads box will show you how many coupons available on the specific websites you are visiting and the competitive prices on the product pages you are viewing, with the text as “Cloud Desktop ads”, “Ads by Cloud Desktop ”, “Cloud Desktop Deals” or “Powered by Cloud Desktop ”.
Sounds like a useful service, right? Unfortunately, Cloud Desktop is indeed a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or an adware. It generates a variety of online advertisements including text-link, search, banner, interstitial, transitional, pop-up, pop-under, full-page ads, etc. Any casual click on any of advertisements by Cloud Desktop will redirect you to some unwanted websites which may be full of ad deals.
Cloud Desktop adware will track your browsing cookies and all websites in addition to bombard you with a constant stream of pop-ups. It collects your browsing habits and related data including how their pop-ups perform for delivering relevant ads and content though you never allow it to do so. As for your privacy information, it may be saved by the PUP at the same time and make you end up being victim of financial theft and identity theft.
Cloud Desktop usually gets on to your existing browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome without permission and knowledge. Precisely speaking, Cloud Desktop comes onto your PC via bundled installation of free software, spam email attachments and suspicious links.
However, if you opting for Advance or Custom installation instead of clicking “next” after “next” during the process of such third party software installation, you’ll know all of supposed additional offers including browser hijacker, Toolbar, adware and other PUP hiding in this installation. At the moment, you can opt out these dubious apps by clicking “skip” or “decline”, or unchecking the checkbox beside the optional offers.
To protect your computer from PUP and virus, please follow the removal guide shown below step by step. For any question, please leave it below. We will solve for you as soon as possible.
How to Remove Cloud Desktop Pop-ups
- Step 1: Detect and remove Cloud Desktop files and hidden virus infections via Anvi Smart Defender
- Step 2: Uninstall adware and PUP from computer and optimize your PC
- Step 3: Remove malicious browser extension from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
- Keep your disk drives clean
Step 1 Detect and remove Cloud Desktop files and hidden virus infections via Anvi Smart Defender
Cloud Desktop gets downloaded with free software as bundled offer and installs without any manual involvement when people are installing the free downloaded program. That’s why users have no idea on why this rogue gets in their browsers automatically.
To protect your PC from such adware, malware or spyware, you need the antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender to give you a full system scan and remove all of hidden virus infections and the malicious files related to Cloud Desktop pop-ups.
Please install Anvi Smart Defender(download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html,Purchase:http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php) firstly. And then run it for a quick or full scan for your system. Remove all of the related malicious files after the scan completes.
Step 2: Uninstall adware and PUP from computer and optimize your PC
Automatic Cloud Desktop Removal via Anvi Uninstaller Tool
Anvi Uninstaller contained in Cloud System Booster (PC maintaining&optimizing software ) specializes in removing all programs installed in your system, especially the PUPs which may be difficult to remove.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free version: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Pro version: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster, click on the Toolbox button, and then click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several seconds and run it.
3. Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove all of adware and PUPs arousing Cloud Desktop pop-ups and ads. (Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
4. Please go back to Home, and click on Quick Care to scan junk files and invalid registry entries left in your computer; and then click Clean to optimize your PC.
Please always use the tool like Cloud System Booster to clean up the leftovers in the computer to get a clean and optimized PC environment.
—Alternative removal choice
Uninstall Cloud Desktop from your computer using Control Panel. It is the most conventional way to uninstall or remove any program installed in your system.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“> Locate all of adware and PUP, select it and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Locate all of adware and PUP, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Locate all of adware and PUP, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
After remove the all of PUPs from the control panel, please use system clean tool Cloud System Booster(Download:http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html to remove the residential junk files in your PC completely.
Step 3: Remove malicious browser extension from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
Here we offer you 3 options to remove malicious browser extension from your browser.
Option 1Automatically remove malicious browser extensions via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Option 2 Manually remove extensions from web browser add-ons/extensions tabs
Option 3 Manually remove extensions by resetting your browsers
Option 1 Automatically remove malicious browser extensions via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Some users, especially novice computer users, may feel it’s complicated to manually remove unknown add-ons from all existing browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar, which offers an easy way to remove all browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects with just one click.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove Extensions from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select malicious extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
Option 2 Manually remove extensions from web browser add-ons/extensions tab
Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on malicious extension and then click on Disable.
Option 3 Manually remove extensions by resetting your browser
Please note that this method will make your personalized browser settings lost and recover to the default settings of browser itself. Please be careful when choose this method to get rid of.
For Internet Explorer users
1. Go to Internet Explorer> click the gear icon(for IE 9 and 10)/Tools (for IE 8) at the top (far right)>click Internet Options.
2. In the following pop-up box: click Advanced tab>click Reset button>click OK.
3. In below section: select Delete personal settings>click Reset
4. After completing the reset, click Close and then click OK.
For Firefox users
2. Then, click on Reset Firefox to restore browser settings to their original defaults.
For Google Chrome users
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
2. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section. Click Reset browser settings.
3. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows them to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
If you want know what settings will be impacted after resetting your browser settings, please see Reset browser settings on Google’s website.
Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoying pop-ups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker software—Anvi Ad Blocker, which protects Windows system from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speeds up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it working. And then, you can enjoy real-time protections from the annoying pop-up ads and attacks of various malicious URLs.
Once detecting malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will pop up this window to Remind you. If you agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them or add URLs that you prefer to White Lists to allow them to run.
Keep your disk drives clean
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
Install and launch Anvi Ultimate Defrag. Select the disk drive(s) you want to repair and clean ->Check your desired operations (Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize), then click on Start.
Tips for Being Safe Online
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking ones. It is highly recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and pop-ups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary program, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protection applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the histories of the websites you have visited and the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
For any question, please feel free to send us your comment below.