Computer was blocked out and the desktop has been taken over by a lock screen that says your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below. It claims that you have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography, Copyright and Related rights Law and so on that you have to pay a sum of fine to regain access to your computer. You should never pay the non-existent fine for it’s just a scam. Read on and learn how to get rid of this virus.
Main content of this article:
What Is Cyber Command Virus?
Cyber Command Virus is a series of computer virus that belongs to the Trojan/Urausy Ransomware family that has being in the wild since last year. This kind of ransomware works alike—prevents you from using your computer by displaying a full screen image pretending to be issued jointly by U.S.A. Cyber Crime Investigations, and a local authority like Cyber Command of New York, South Texas, California, Washington and so on, and then asks you for payment to regain access to your computer.
Below is a screenshot of Cyber Command of New York virus, see for your reference.
The symptoms of being infected by Cyber Command virus:
Ⅰ. Cyber Command virus blocks you out of the Windows operating system and all the applications on the infected computer.
Ⅱ. You get a lock screen image titled with “ATTENTIE! Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below” instead whenever you try to boot your computer into Windows operating system or Safe Mode.
Ⅲ. In the fake notification, it claims that illegal online activities have been detected on your computer, so you have to pay a none-existent fine of 300$ with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers within 48 hours to unlock your computer, otherwise you will be accused.
Part of the message displayed in the Cyber Command fake notification:
Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography. You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law.
Article 161 of United States Of America criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 5 to 11 years.
Also, you are suspected of violation of “Copyright and Related rights Law” (downloading of pirated music, video, warez) and of use use and/or dissemination of copyrighted content. Thus, you are suspected of violation of Article 148 of United States of America Criminal Law.
Article 148 of United States of America criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 3 to 7 years or 150 to 550basic amounts fine.
It was from your computer, that unauthorized access had been stolen to information of State importance and to data closed for public Internet access.
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case will be opened against you.
Amount of fine is 300$. You can settle the fine with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers.
As soon as the money arrives to the Treasury account, your computer will be unblocked in course of 24 hours.
Then in 7 day term you should remedy the breaches associated with your computer. Otherwise your computer will be blocked up again and criminal case will be opened against yourself (with no option to pay fine).
Ⅳ. To make the notification more authentic, it managed to gain access to your webcam and trick the user into thinking that they are under surveillance.
Ⅴ. Even you are lucky enough to restart your computer to Safe Mode successfully, you may find that all the restore points are deleted.
Even if it exploits the names and logos of U.S.A. Cyber Crime Investigations, Cyber Command of New York, South Texas, California, Washington…, United States Cyber Command and Interpol, you should be aware that it is a scam and this bogus notification has nothing to do with these authorities. You should never pay the ransom as it requested, for the cyber criminals will not unlock your computer even you pay the money. Please ignore anything that was stated in this bogus notification and follow the removal guide below to get rid of this ransomware from your computer.
Removal Guide for Other Prevailing Ransomware Infections:
How to Remove Cyber Command Virus? (Removal Guide)
Some variants of ransomware exploit Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. The symptoms of the infection may be suspended by denying flash. Then you can navigate through the infected system. If this step is not necessary for the removal, then skip to the next step.
To deny/disable flash:
Visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html → select the Deny radio option
(Under the case that you can boot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt and the system restore points haven’t been deleted, you may try this option to get rid of this ransomware.)
(If the system restore points are deleted or you can’t boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you may try this option.)
Option 1—Restore the Operating System Through Safe Mode with Command Prompt
System Restore will bring your computer operating system back to a point before you get infected by Cyber Command virus.
Step 1 Boot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
1. Turn off your computer and then back on.
2. During the start, tap F8 key repeatedly till you are brought to the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Command Prompt and then press Enter.
If you fail to boot the infected computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you may go to How to Boot Windows into Safe Mode for tutorials.
Step 2 Restore your computer to a restore point
1. Once the Command Prompt window comes out, quickly type “explorer” and hit Enter.
If you fail to do so in a few seconds, the ransomware will not allow you to type any more. You should restart the computer to the Safe Mode with Command Prompt and repeat the process.
2. Next, type rstrui and press Enter to launch System Restore
Or, close the Command Prompt window, then locate the file rstrui.exe and press Enter to launch System Restore.
The location of the file:
Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
Windows 7/Vista: C:\windows\system 32\rstrui.exe
3. Follow all the steps to restore your computer system to an earlier time and date (restore point) before the infection.
Please note that some professionally crafted ransomware variants will delete all your system backup, so you can’t execute system restore. If that is the case, follow Option 2 to get rid of this nasty computer virus.
Step 3 Scan and remove malicious files with Anvi Smart Defender
After restore the Windows operating system, you need to run a system can to make sure that there is no malware or malicious files on your computer and to prevent CyberCommand virus from reanimating.
1. Run a computer scan with Anvi Smart Defender and remove the infected files.
Anvi Smart Defender direct download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Anvi Smart Defender purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
Download and install Anvi Smart Defender → run Anvi Smart Defender → switch to Scan tab → run a Full Scan
2. Boot your computer into normal mode and run a system scan again to make sure all the infected files were removed.
Option 2—Remove Cyber Command Virus Using Anvi Rescue Disk
You can follow the instructions in the following video to get rid of Cyber Command virus by using Anvi Rescue Disk.
Or, you can follow the following step by step instruction.
Step 1 Use a clean computer to download Anvi Rescue Disk files
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site.
Direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/rsd/
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2 Record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
1. Connect USB to the computer.
You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before use it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browse into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5. Close BootUsb.exe tool when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your infected computer.
Alternative Option-Record the iso Image to a CD/DVD
Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have one, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
1. Open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
2. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
3. Click Burn button to start record the iso image.
After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3 Configure your computer to boot from USB drive/CD/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure your computer to boot from USB drive/CD/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk. Basically, you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
Step 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk
1. Restart your computer and press any key to load Anvi Rescue Disk.
2. After you enter Anvisoft Rescue Disk menu, please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step 5 Scan and remove malicious files and repair registry errors
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
2. Make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. You can go to Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal using Anvi Rescue Disk for tutorial.
3. Run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
4. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threat by Anvi Rescue Disk.
5. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Note: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. You are probably disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step 6 Scan and remove persistent residual files with Anvi Smart Defender
Some ransomware variants are incredibly persistent, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware promgram Anvi Smart Defender to remove all the detected threats as prompted.
After download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads.
Or you can download it from this direct download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html when you boot your computer to normal Windows mode.
1. Double click asdsetup.exe file to install Anvi Smart Defender, then switch to Scan tab to perform a Full Scan.
2. When scan finished you can click on view details to check the threats have been detected.
3. Click on Remove button to delete all the threats have been detected.
Now your computer should be free from the infection of Cyber Command virus. If you have any question concerning the removal of this virus, please feel free to contact us by sending us your email.
How Does Cyber Command Virus Infect a Computer?
Cyber Command virus can infect a computer in various ways. In most instances, it is performed via drive-by download or Trojan horse that are placed on malicious or compromised websites. When you visit such websites, it will be downloaded automatically and then exploits the vulnerabilities in the Windows operating system or the applications on your computer to get itself installed.
Cyber criminals use spam emails to distribute Cyber Command virus, too. Usually, the infected attachments containing in such emails are the executable program for Cyber Command virus. The links in such emails leads you to the malicious or compromised websites mentioned above.
1. Keep the Windows operating system and all the software on your computer up-to-date, and patch the system vulnerabilities timely when prompted.
2. Protect your computer with up-to-date security software. Working along with your installed antivirus solution, antimalware program, Anvi Smart Defender, can provide an additional layer of protection to your computer. The Full Guard function puts your computer under real-time protection and keeps you away from malware and malicious websites.
Anvi Smart Defender free version download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Anvi Smart Defender purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
3. Be careful when surfing the Internet and keep an eye on the links and pop-ups before you click on them. You are strongly recommended to turn on the security feature of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Or, you may make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to create a clean online environment. It is available for free if you are an Anvi Smart Defender pro version user.
Anvi Ad Blocker trial download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html (Expire in 15 days)
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
4. Don’t click on links or open attachments from untrusted sources.
5. Apart from the above aspects, you’d better regularly perform a backup of your important files. If you don’t know how to backup files, please look for instructions in Back up your files
For more detailed information on how to prevent from being infected by ransomware please browse this post: What Is Ransomware –How to Prevent