Somehow downloaded Default-Search.net and can’t remove it? The article will figure out the problem for you by offering step-by-step removal instructions on how to get rid of Default-Search.net entirely.
For people don’t know what Default-Search.net is may be anxious about this redirect because it becomes your homepage, and when you search something online the result is not from the search provider used to be. It is necessary for us to know Default-Search.net. It’s available for you to click any one or all below to know more about this potentially unwanted program.
Or you can skip the introduce to the removal guide
Default-Search.net redirect virus powered by Aztec Media Inc, is classified as browser hijacker altering users’ default browser settings without permission, which is similar to Qone8.com, Quone8.com, Qvo6.com, and Nation Zoom.
Screenshot of Default-Search.net homepage
Let’s take a close look at how the browser hijacker accesses your PC.
Initially, as a part of adware or PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program), Default-Search.net redirect virus is bundled with free downloads such as program updates, video recording/streaming and flash player from the internet to slip into your PC without your knowledge and permission. That is, there must have been adware and/or PUP on your PC as long as Default-Search.net redirect appears. And we don’t know whether these adware and PUP add browser extensions to your browser or not. Now your PC should be a mess mixed by annoying browser hijacker, PUP and/or adware which intersperse among some parts of your computer.
Be attentive when download free installers from web including these common software download sites download.com, softonic.com, Brothersoft, software.informer, etc. If you really need certain software, don’t click “next” after “next” according to its navigation spontaneously during the process of installation. This software may contain so-called additional offers in the Recommended Installation. Please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
After Default-Search.net got onto computer, it sneakily controls all of your browsers. Default-Search.net has it taken over your browsers and the URL you get every time you open up a browser is http://www.default-search.net/, and the results of what you search online are not from your default search engines like Google but Yahoo. Thus, Default-Search.net has opportunity to inject ads, banner or sponsored links into it, attempting to mislead you to click them and collect you to be sales leads for other websites. Possibly, the browser hijacker will change the rank of listed websites via blackhat SEO to make profits.
Still, Default-Search.net is found to append argument http://default-search.net to all of your browser shortcuts.
Besides, Default-Search.net will access all of the websites you have visited, tabs and browsing activity. The reason the PUP did so is to collect your browsing habit and data to improve its performance on showing more relevancy that you will be interested in. However, the act will cause the disclosure of your personal information and financial data including credit card, login password and so on and then make you end up being the victim of identity theft and financial theft.
Last but not at least, Default-Search.net ads probably will redirect you to malicious websites so that your PC is infected with virus infections again. We may ignore the negative influences that excessive ads and popup from Default-Search.net leads to slow speed of internet, but we can’t sit back and let more viruses invade our PC.
As Default-Search.net redirect disturbs your browsing web and throws you into an insecure internet environment, you are suggested to get rid of this annoying potentially unwanted program right now.
Below we will offer you the effective removal instructions. if you want to learn more about how to be safe online, we are glad to list some of them–How to Be Safe Online.
How to Remove Default-Search.net Redirect Virus
- Step 1 Uninstall all of dubious programs related to Default-Search.net
- Step 2 Remove malicious Default-Search.net files and hidden virus infections
- Step 3 Remove Default-Search.net redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Step 4 Remove malicious argument http://default-search.net from browser shortcuts
- Step 5 clean up junk files, error and invalid registry entries and optimize your PC
- Protective measures Start safe mode blocking malicious webpage and ads
Step 1 Uninstall all of dubious programs related to Default-Search.net
The tool Anvi Uninstaller contained in Cloud System Booster( system maintaining&optimizing software ) specializes in removing various programs installing in your PC. The “Recently Installed” tab can help those who can’t distinguish adware or PUP to easily get rid of them as it tracks back to the time around the adware and PUP related to Default-Search.net installing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
After installing, open it and click ToolBox just below the interface, and then click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several senconds; and then run it.
Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove Default-Search.net related programs “Desk 365“, “iSafe”, “Wsys Control” and “eSafe Security Control”, especially these applications installed recently. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
If you use pro version of Cloud System Booster, you can remove leftover of Default-Search.net directly after remove its related dubious programs. For those who use free version, you have to complete Step 5 to clean up all of leftover, junk files, invalid registry entries and so on by PC optimizer Cloud System Booster.
The leftover of Default-Search.net scan result is similar to the picture below.
—Alternative removal choice
It is available that removing Default-Search.net related programs through your control panel except by Anvi Uninstaller.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Remove one by one.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
After remove the all of PUPs from the control panel, please use system clean tool Cloud System Booster(Download:http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html to remove the residential junk files in your PC completely.
Step 2 Remove malicious Default-Search.net files and hidden virus infections
Free downloads probably installs additional browser hijacker, adware and PUP including these are associated with Default-Search.net redirect virus onto your PC. And you don’t know whether there are virus infections got on your computer when you click Default-Search.net redirect virus so you need the antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender to give you a full system scan and remove all of hidden virus infections and the malicious files related to Default-Search.net redirect virus.
Please install Anvi Smart Defender(download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html,Purchase:http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php) firstly. And then run it for a quick or full scam of your system. Remove all of the malicious files after the scam finished.
Step 3 Remove Default-Search.net Redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
Here we offer you 2 option to remove Default-Search.net redirect from your browser.
Option 1Manually remove Default-Search.net redirect from your browsers
When Startup pages pops up, remove malicious url by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change the malicious domain into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
4. Go to wrench or 3 bar icon (next to the address bar), click on Tools and then click on Extensions. Locate any suspicious extensions you have not installed intentionally and then remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select the malicious web search and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Then, on the appeared window, type Default-Search.net in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
2. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on the malicious one, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on any dubious toolbars and extensions you have not installed intentionally and then click on Disable.
Option 2 Remove Default-Search.net rediect via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove Default-Search.net homepage from browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select unknown extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 4 Remove malicious argument http://default-search.net from the browser shortcuts
The removal guide below is available for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Google Chrome. We take Internet Explorer as an example.
Step 5 clean up junk files, error and invalid registry entries and optimize your PC
Although you have removed Default-Search.net, there still exist some residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries in your computer system due to a long time using. To ensure no Default-Search.net’s leftovers in the system, it is necessary to give a full clean for your PC. Cloud System Booster helps to clean up them and save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer. For further hard drivers cleaning, we recommend you a freeware Anvi Ultimate Defrag.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Protective Mesure: Start the safe mode blocking malicious websites and ads
To avoid getting infect with such browser hijacker and other virus infection, you need to ensure the whether your browser’s safe mode for blocking ads and malicious websites is launching. Then, when you encounter malicious URL or are redirected to unknown websites, the browser itself will prevent they from opening automatically to keep you a safe online environment.
For Internet Explore:
Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools (Gear Bar if you’re using IE9)> Select Internet Options> Select Privacy tab> Tick the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” to prevent “Recommended for You” Pop Up > click OK to complete.
Open your Mozilla Firefox>Click on Tools>Select Options>Choose Content>Tick on “Block pop-up windows” and click on OK to finish the operation.
For Google Chrome:
Open your Google Chrome>Click on the wrench icon on the top-right corner of the browser>Select Settings>Click on Showing advanced settings…>Find the Privacy and click on Content Settings>Go to Pop-ups and tick on “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” and click on Done to complete the operation.
However, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker is highly recommended( for instructions of this protection tool please see Learn by trying it. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Now, you have removed Default-Search.net browser hijacker completely and are relatively safe online with the protection of Anvi Ad Blocker .
How to Be Safe Online
( to avoid being infected with Default-Search.net in the future)
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
For any questions, please leave your message below.