Do-search.com Redirect Virus
Screenshot of Do-search.com Redirect Virus
Do-search.com redirect virus is defined as the category of browser hijacker. It is a similar virus to Do Searches, Qvo6.com and Delta-home.com virus whose known damages to computer are modifying users’ default browser settings and installing unfriendly program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) onto computers. In addition to these, Do-search.com redirect virus will exhibit other malicious traits. All of them are listed below:
● Redirect your frequent used homepage of IE, Firefox or Google Chrome to Do-search.com and led your web search results to those displayed by Yahoo though these results had nothing to do with Yahoo.
● Display ads or sponsored links in your search results. Meanwhile, some annoying popups will also appear when you are visiting web.
● Redirect you to other different websites when browsing webpage. Or unknown webpages pop up when you open a certain website.
● Add toolbar and extensions to your browsers without your knowledge.
● Add the argument http://do-search.com/?type=hp&ts=[time stamp]&from=tugs&uid=[hardware ID] to the shortcuts of your browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Maybe not all of symptoms described above will appear, but Do-search.com redirect virus dose have these bad influences. So you should remove this virus as a matter of urgency.
Where Dose Do-search.com Virus Come From
After infected by Do-search.com virus, users always wonder where this browser hijacker comes from; through what means it goes to their PC?
Do-search.com redirect virus infects your computer system mainly through two ways–along with freeware and fake installers. Typically, bundling with freeware to install onto your PC sneakily is the most popular one. That is, many of victims suffer from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may be promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tell you that your software like Flash Player need to be updated. These fake installers may carry Do-search.com redirect virus, too.
Tips for being safe online
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
4. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Do-search.com Redirect
- Step 1 Uninstall all of unknown and dubious program, clean up browser cookies and residual junk files
- Step 2 Remove Do-search.com redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Step 3 Remove malicious argument from the shortcuts of browsers
- Step 4 Start safe mode blocking malicious page and ads
Step 1 Uninstall all of unknown and dubious program, clean up browser cookies and residual junk files
Note: Do-search.com redirect virus installs onto your PC alongside free downloads from the internet. So you are suggested to uninstall such downloads that we called the 3rd party software. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of http://do-search.com malicious homepage appearing. Or you can use Anvi Smart Defender to detect malware and remove them.
● Uninstall all of unknown and dubious programs that might arouse Do-search.com redirect virus
After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds; and then run it.
Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove all of unknown and dubious programs, especially these applications installed recently. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
● clean up browser cookies
Go back to Cloud System Booster, then go to Settings → Boost tab → Cleaner → Privacy Clean, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies and others option, and then click OK to save your modification.
● Remove residual junk files
Go back to Cloud System Booster Home again, click Booster button to clean up junk and error files, invalid registry entries to optimize your PC.
Step 2 Remove Do-search.com Redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
Here we offer you 2 option to remove Do-search.com redirect from your browser.
Option 1Manually remove Do-search.com redirect from your browsers
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove malicious url by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change the malicious domain into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
If your are Firefox users:
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select the malicious web search and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Then, on the appeared window, type Do-search.com in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
If you are Internet Explorer users:
2. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on the malicious one, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
Option 2 Remove Do-search.com rediect via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove Aartemis.com Homepage from browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select unknown extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 3: Remove malicious argument from the shortcuts of browsers
The removal guide below is available for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Google Chrome. We take Internet Explorer as an example.
2. When below window appears, switch to Shortcut tab, then remove malicious argument of Do-search.com from the Target and click OK to finish the operation.
Step 4> Start the safe mode blocking malicious websites and ads
For Internet Explore:
Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools (Gear Bar if you’re using IE9)> Select Internet Options> Select Privacy tab> Tick the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” to prevent “Recommended for You” Pop Up > click OK to complete.
Open your Mozilla Firefox>Click on Tools>Select Options>Choose Content>Tick on “Block pop-up windows” and click on OK to finish the operation.
For Google Chrome:
Open your Google Chrome>Click on the wrench icon on the top-right corner of the browser>Select Settings>Click on Showing advanced settings…>Find the Privacy and click on Content Settings>Go to Pop-ups and tick on “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” and click on Done to complete the operation.
However, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker is highly recommended( for instructions of this protection tool please see Learn by trying it. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Now, you have removed Do-search.com browser hijacker completely and are relatively safe online with the protection of Anvi Ad Blocker .
Due to browser hijacker like Do-search.com going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
After computer working for a long time, your disk drives will carry a heavy load. What’s more, due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.