If you are puzzled by the strange homepage http://search.conduit.com/ appearing whenever you open your browser IE, Firefox or Google Chrome? And you discover that your original search engine has been changed into entrusted Customized Web Search? All these alters you see prove that your Browser has been hijacked by entrusted Toolbar. Please read this article carefully and patiently, it will provide you a correct removal guide to help you to get rid of this Toolbar.
Outline of this article:
About Entrusted Toolbar
Entrusted Toolbar can be categories as a browser hijacker. Typically, this toolbar is bundled with free software downloaded from websites, including VPlay to infiltrate your computer. Once infected by this toolbar, it will redirect your homepage to http://search.conduit.com/ and search engine to entrusted Customized Web Search. What’s more, it will secretly install associated extensions such as entrusted toolbar and entrusted community toolbar to your browsers. Expect hijacking browsers, it will display ads and sponsored links in the results of what you are searching for. Its purpose is to get the financial revenues from advertisements.
When entrusted Toolbar hijacks Internet Explorer browser:
How to Avoid Being Infected by Entrusted Toolbar
Considering that you may be prompted to download different kind of free software stating it is useful for you from the internet, especially these websites: download.com, softonic.com, soft32.com, and Brothersoft, you’d better be cautious and attentive when download free software.
Always Remember that installing free software from unknown websits may be equal to installing some browser hijackers, toolbars or other type of malware. Mostly, you don’t know that there is a malicious program installing on your PC and modifying some settings of your PC system and browsers as this installation runs when you keep the option—Recommended installation the free software gives you when install this free software. Therefore, please always remember to select Customize installation and refuse any unknown programs’ installation.
How to Remove Entrusted Toolbar
–Steps for effective removal of entrusted Toolbar
Step 1> Remove entrusted Toolbar from your PC
- Option 1: Remove entrusted Toolbar via Control Panel
- Option 2: Remove Remove entrusted Toolbar via Anvi Uninstaller
Step 2> Remove residual malware via Anvi Smart Defender
Step 3> Remove conduit redirect and add-ons from your browsers (IE/FF/Google Chrome)
- Option 1: Remove conduit redirect and add-ons form IE, FF & Google Chrome via Anvi Slim ToolBar
- Option 2: Remove conduit redirect and add-ons form IE, FF & Google Chrome manually
Step 4> Perform Cloud System Booster to get rid of residual junk files, invalid registry entries and other leftovers in your computer system
Step 1> Remove entrusted Toolbar from your PC.
Option 1: Remove entrusted Toolbar via Control Panel
For Windows XP:
Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for entrusted Toolbar, search Protected by Conduit and other unknown programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista:
Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Look for entrusted Toolbar, search Protected by Conduit and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8:
Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for entrusted Toolbar, search Protected by Conduit and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Option 2: Remove entrusted Toolbar via Anvi Uninstaller.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select entrusted Toolbar, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing entrusted Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can decide how to remove the virus depending on your own need.
Step 2> Remove residual malware via Anvi Smart Defender
1: Install Anvi Smart Defender
Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
2: Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate any possible unwanted programs.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. (Click Detail to see detailed results similar as shown in below). Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3> Remove conduit redirect and add-ons from your browsers.(IE/FF/Google Chrome)
Option 1:Remove conduit redirect and add-ons form IE, FF & Google Chrome via Anvi Slim ToolBar.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect malicious toolbars in your browsers. When result is displayed, select entrusted extension and any others you want to remove and then click on Remove.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Option 2: Remove conduit redirect and add-ons form IE, FF & Google Chrome manually.
For Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on the original one as your default provider and select Set As Default to make it your search engine, and then remove malicious one in the same way.
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on entrusted toolbar and then click on Disable.
For Mozilla Firefox
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select malicious search engine and other unknown search engines and click Remove. ( a similar picture is shown below)
For Google Chrome
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://search.conduit.com/ into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
Step 4> Perform Cloud System Booster to get rid of residual junk files, invalid registry entries and other leftovers in your computer system.
1. Open it and click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click on Clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc, to make sure the computer system is clean.
Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.