A full-screen warning in name of Europol Interpol saying that “Ihr Internet Service Provider blockiert” takes over your desktop? Then it is surely that you encounter the nasty ransomware infection-Europol Interpol Paysafecard virus. Read more in this article and follow the detailed step by step removal guide to remove the infection thoroughly.
Europol Interpol is decent but Europol Interpol paysafecard virus is outrageous that will put your computer in danger. Please note the Europol Interpol paysafecard virus is a piece of malware that is categorized as ransomware, which just uses the decent name of Europol Interpol authorities for scams. Its warning about “Ihr Internet Service Provider blockiert” has nothing to do with the decent institutions. This particular screen clocking message just originates from a family of ransomware called Revoyem and targets Germany users or users in Germany-speaking areas in Europe.
Below is a screenshot of this Europol Interpol ransomware’s lock screen
Once this ransomware gets on the compromised computer, it will lock up the system and then display a warning saying” Ihr Internet Service Provider blockiert” on which the victim users are demanded to pay a fine of 100 euro within a period via Paysafecard in order to unlock the computer. Now it is a big trend of pc online scams that cyber criminals are exploiting various names of authorizes around the work and using legitimate pre-paid card services such as PaySafeCard, Ukash, Moneypak, etc to scam on innocent users for money. Everyone is alerted about such lock screen message is just a trick of online scams for cyber crooks to swindle money. Never trust any of them or even pay for it to unlock the computer since that none of real authorities including Europol and Interpol uses such lock screen or blocking messages to collect fines for any law violations.
If you unfortunately come across this ransomware infection, follow below removal instructions to get rid of the infection and return a clean and well-performing computer OS.
Most ransomware exploits Java or flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. In some cases denying or disabling flash on your system may suspend the Computer Crime Intellectual Property Section virus and enable the user to navigate through the infected system. If this not a necessity for removal, skip to the removal options below these steps. If any questions in the process, just feel free to contact us for timely help by sending us email below.
To disable (deny) flash
3. Proceed to a removal option (detailed below).
How to Remove Europol Interpol Virus( Ransomware Removal Guide)
This tutorial suits the removal of Ukash, PaysafeCard, MoneyPak and CashU ransomware.
Generally there are two situations when your computer got infected with this Europol Interpol ransomware. One is that you can still boot your computer to safe mode and the another one is not. According to this, there are two removal options for each situation for you to choose.
- Option 1- Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore
- If your computer can still be booted into safe mode, and the system restore points are not deleted by the infection, you can choose this option for the ransomware removal.
- Option 2-Remove the Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk
- This method is the final solution for deep infection that you computer system is totally blocked from even the safe mode running or all system restore points are deleted by the infection.
Step 1> Launch your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
During the start, keep pressing F8 key till the Advanced Windows Options Menu shows up and then use the arrow key on the keyboard to highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option and then press Enter. See detailed instructions on how to boot Windows to Safe Mode
Note: make sure you login your computer with administrative privileges. (login as admin)
Step 2> Type explorer to access
Once the Command Prompt window appears you only have few seconds to type “explorer” and hit Enter. If you fail to do so within 2-3 seconds, the ransomware virus will not allow you to type anymore.
Step >3 Once Windows Explorer shows up browse to:
- Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Win Vista/7: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Step 4> Restore
Follow all steps to restore or recover your computer system to an earlier time and date (restore point), before infection.
Step 5> Scan malware and restart
In most cases of computer infected by ransomware, your PC would be totally blocked from any operation, including safe mode runing. Then, you can use the Anvi Rescue Disk to fix the issue together with the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender. Some patience and time is needed for this removal emthod. If any question in the process, please feel free to send your email below to our online Technical Support for timely help.
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk for your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Direct download link: http://download.anvisoft.com/software/rescuedisk.zip
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and resuced from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistant, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer sytem, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
To return a smooth running computer system after the virus removal, you are highly recommended to use a system optimizer like Cloud System Booster to fully boost your computer performance by throwing out junk files, fixing registry errors, optimizing system services and cleanning application files. You can directly download the Cloud System Booster with convenience here: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
You can either download the free version or upgrade it to paid version for basic system maintenance use and upgraded system optimizing efficiency.
How to Proptect Your Computer from Europol Interpol Ransomware Infections
Europol Interpol “Ihr Internet Service Provider blockiert” ransomware virus is being spread using exploit kits which infiltrate users’ computer using found security vulnerabilities, after infiltration exploit kits enables Cyber criminals to have a remote access of the infected machine. So to maximumly avoid being infected by such ransomware infections, you’d better always timely download and install Windows system patches.
1. You can take all advantages of the free version or paid version of antimalware Anvi Smart Defender together with your installed antivirus to enhance your computer security online. It is worhy to mention that the Anvi Smart Defender pro provides ultimate solutions to computer security online with its web real-time guard, file guard, process guard, etc.
What’s the highlight is that the Anvi AD blocker, which is a nimble ad filter tool, is integrated for free use in paid version Anvi Smart Defender to real-timely block malicious websites, phishing, flash ads, pop up ads, etc, which are often used to distribute malware. Upgrade Anvi Smart Defender to get Anvi AD Blocker free now.
Also if you have enough computer security guarder already, you can also get this great ad blocker here(www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html) by downloading it directly. Please the free trial will expire in 15 days and you can just buy it to real-timely protect your online surfing from any compromised or hacked websites that may spread ransomware trojans onto your computer.
2. Basically, you are supposed to turn on the security features of your Internet browsers to make your online surfing more secure.See detailed steps to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome for safer surfing.
Good luck and be safe online. If any question, feel free to contact us for timely help by sending us your email below.