This page contains step by step instructions on how to remove Freecause Toolbar and Search.conduit.com Redirect. Read more.
About Freecause Toolbar
Maybe some of your guys neglect the trail of Freecause Toolbar in your windows operating system, but how could you ignore the annoying and odd-looking homepage appearing on your popular used browser IE, Firefox or Google Chrome? Is the Firefox browser that has been hijacked by this toolbar below is familiar to you?
When you encountered this Search.conduit.com homepage and Freecause search engine, unquestionably, Freecause Toolbar has had your computer infected.
Freecause Toolbar, is another toolbar that is published by Conduit Ltd. It is not a virus but belongs to potentially unwanted program (PUP). Due to being not a virus, it can’t break your windows operating system. However, this toolbar/PUP do has its malicious traits to act on your PC and internet experience.
We summarized you the following bad consequences brought by Freecause Toolbar for you below:
Ⅰ. Install Freecause Toolbar on your computer. You can find it by opening you control panel.
Ⅱ. Redirect your homepage to Search.conduit.com and set the default search engine to Freecause Customized Web. Besides, it adds Freecause extension to your browser.
Ⅲ. Change your internet experience. According to what you search for on the internet and your browsing habit, it will display some of related ads and links to mislead you to purchase products or install software. Therefore, it must constantly collect your search items and browsing habit to offer you more annoying ads. Many uses wonder this PUP’s motivation of doing this, actually, through the way of stealing your privacy information it can generates traffic and revenues. This is also the real purpose of FreecauseToolbar.
To remove Freecause Toolbar becomes an urgent matter. Let’s see how to remove it.
How to Remove Freecause Toolbar
Steps for effective removal of Freecause Toolbar
- Step 1> Uninstall Freecause Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently
- Step 2> Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome (automatically/manually)
- Step 3> Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4> Disable Conduit startup item
- Step 5> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall Freecause Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs installed recently
Tips: Freecause Toolbar goes to your computer bundled with free software, shareware or other third-party programs, and it is proved that such software is useless for you but make more toolbar and redirect virus install alongside it. Thus, not only do you need to remove Freecause toolbar but also the software/programs you don’t familiar with, especially those of installing recently.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Freecause Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit and other PUP, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Freecause Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit and other PUP, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Freecause Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit and other PUP, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
–Alternative removal method
considering that some users can’t find and remove potentially unwanted programs completely, or have had the leftover items of Freecause Toolbar in your system, it is highly recommended to uninstall it and recently installed unknown programs via Anvi Uninstaller.
- Delete leftover items of FreecasueToolbar after removing it from your PC
- Categorize the programs on your PC to help you find PUP installed recently quickly and easily
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Switch to Recently Installed tab ( help you fine PUPs easily ), Select Freecause Toolbar or other PUP like below, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing Freecause Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations. (Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version)
Tips: after successful removal of Freecause Toolbar, IE browser window will pop up to inform you that this toolbar has been removed. Please close IE browser and goes to Perfect Scan.
6. After removing Freecause Toolbar, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close. For Freecause Toolbar, no leftovers remained. You just need to close this window.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome(automatically/manually)
Tips: Although Freecause Toolbar has been removed from your computer, but its browser extensions, modified homepage, new tab and search engine still keep unrepaired. Therefore, please take the repair steps below to recover related settings.
—Repair browser damages via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select Freecause Toolbar and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
—Manunally repair browser damages
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://search.conduit.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on Freecause Customized Web Search, click on Remove. ( the sequence of operation can’t been changed )
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on extensions related to Freecause Toolbar and then click on Disable.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://search.conduit.com/ into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine and then click on Done to finish the operation.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There still exists some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Freecause Toolbar. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Disable Conduit startup item
Causing Freecause Toolbar adds startup items–Conduit to your PC sneakily, so whenever you boot your PC, this malicious startup item will run. To prevent Freecause Toolbar from coming back by reinstalling, you should remove Conduit startup item from your computer.
To solve the issues mentioned above, please use msconfig (a Windows OS management program) to help you to edit and manage the configuration files.
1. Click Start( left bottom of screen)>input msconfig or msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files bar> find and click it to run.
Then please click Restart to apply these changes.
Step 5> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed Freecause Toolbar completely.
Though you remove Freecause Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.