The browser occasionally pops up deals or advertisements from Fun2Save? If you encounter this problem, please follow the removal guide shown in the article step by step. Read on.
About Fun2Save Ads and Deals
Fun2Save ads and deals are popped up by web browser extensions that Fun2Save installs on. In another word, your browser has had been hijacked by Fun2Save extension when these popups appear.
Fun2Save is adware and PUP (potentially unwanted program) that exploits a deceptive means bundling to infiltrate users’ PC without permission and knowledge.
Typically, Fun2Save adware is bundled with the free downloads from the internet and successfully accesses your PC with the default installation mode of such free downloads. Along with Fun2Save adware, other adware or toolbars will get into your PC in the same way. Thus, not only need you to remove Fun2Save adware but also detect and get rid of other unknown virus.
Fun2Save adware states it enables you to find the best prices by displaying online deals and advertisements to help you save money. However, it is unworthy of believing. Similar to adware Bonanza and SySaver, it will gather all your browsing data that is useful for it to generate plenty of deals and ads relevant to you. Then you may be misled to websites that generates traffic and sales and then make you end up the victim of these unreliable sales. Meanwhile, your personal information and sensitive financial data such as credit card and bank account may be in the risk of stolen and used for illegal activity.
Prevent Fun2Save with Tips Below
Below we’ll offer you step-by-step removal guide to get rid of this annoyance. For more tips of avoiding being infected by similar PUPs, Please take a closer look at tips for being safe online below.
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
4. Always opt for “Advanced” or “Custom” to install downloads from internet.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Fun2Save Ads and Deals?
Five steps for removal of Fun2Save Ads and Deals
- ❶ Uninstall Fun2Save and other PUP from computer
- ❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.Fun2Save) and other virus infection hidden in your PC
- ❸ Eliminate Fun2Save browser extension from all of browsers
- ❹ Clean up leftovers of Fun2Save and optimize your PC
- ❺ Deep cleanup for you disk(Optional)
❶ Uninstall Fun2Save and other PUP from computer
Locate Fun2Save and other PUP such as Snap do, Connect Toolbar, Yontoo, etc. and any other unknown and suspicious program from control panel as uncertain negative applications are in victim’s computer.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Fun2Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Fun2Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Fun2Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Alternative uninstall method
(use free tool Anvi Uninstall offered by system optimizer Could System Booster)
Install and start Could System Booster(link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html)→Click on “ToolBox” right under the homepage→download and run Anvi Uninstaller→select Fun2Save and remove(skip the first step “Creat System Restore Point“).
You can directly clean up leftovers of Fun2Save after uninstall the PUP.
❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.Fun2Save) and other virus infections hidden in your PC
PUP.XXX including PUP.Fun2Save refers to malicious files of potentially unwanted programs like Fun2Save remain in your PC which can’t removed from control panel. As Fun2Save ad is suspicious of misleading you to malicious websites contain virus infections, you need use antivirus software to scan and remove all of virus infections.
❸ Eliminate Fun2Save browser extension from all of browsers
Because plugins related to Fun2Save will not disappear with the removal of Fun2Save and other viruses, you must remove them get rid of popups from Fun2Save and keep the security of your personal information.
Slim Toolbar (a pro tool contained in PC optimizing software Cloud System Booster that we recommend for you to clean up junk files and optimize computer in step 4) specializes in detecting and removing malicious and negative toolbar, add-on, extension, plugin and browser help object in major browsers.
Removal process demonstration:
1. Purchase the Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php and install it according its navigation.
Run it→click the arrow at the lower right corner→click Slim Toolbar
Remove Fun2Save related add-on from your browser like what the similar picture shows below.
It is also available for you to use another independent and free version of Slim ToolBar to remove Fun2Save plug-ins automatically.
The trial version is free for 15 days: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Start it and click Manager. Then select Fun2Save add-on on all browsers and remove.
–Or you can choose to manually remove Fun2Save plug-in from your browser
Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Fun2Save and then click on Disable.
Switch to the Extensions Tab. Click Remove to get rid of Fun2Save.
Locate Fun2Save and then remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
❹ Clean up leftovers of Fun2Save and optimize your PC
The residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries of Fun2Save and other viruses, which are not malicious but slow down your PC speed must be clean up. Because the excess leftovers will crash down your running program easily and do harmful to your PC. Here the system maintenance and optimization tool Cloud System Booster is recommended.
Download link of Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
❺ Deep cleanup for you disk
After a longtime of use, your disk must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.