You are constantly redirected to home.gamesgofree.com and your homepage is hijacked to home.gamesgofree.com, too? Read on this post and follow the guide to make your internet browser work correctly again.
What Is GamesGoFree Search Virus?
GamesGoFree Search is a browser hijacker that changes the homepage of your installed web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) to home.gamesgofree.com and the default search engine to Gamesgofree Search once it sneak into your computer.
GamesGoFree Search is a search engine that aims to promote GamesGoFree.com. In the search results, GamesGoFree Search may present you various ads and sponsored links. In order to feed you more precise advertisements, it may also collect search terms from your search queries.
Strictly speaking, GamesGoFree Search is not a computer virus, but it is not trusted by most computer users because of its sneaky behavior. So in that sense, it is defined as PUP (potentially unwanted program) by the industry.
How to Remove GamesGoFree Search Virus?
Step 1 Uninstall GamesGoFree Search Related Malicious Programs
Considering that home.gamesgofree.com redirect is usually caused by installing freeware like download-manager, video streaming and so on, you need to uninstall all the suspicious programs installed around the time home.gamesgofree.com redirect first occurred.
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system cleaner and optimizer. Anvi Uninstaller will scan and delete leftovers after uninstall a program.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2.To uninstall MySearchDial toolbar: Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → locate malicious application → hit Uninstall to remove
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
Please note that the Prefect Scan function is only available for Cloud System Booster Pro version users. You can use this function by getting a trail license or upgrade to pro version.
Cloud System Booster purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
3. To clean residual files: Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate any suspicious application → click on Uninstall button
Or, move the mouse pointer to bottom left corner → right click on the bottom left hot cornet → select Control Panel from the list → click on Uninstall a Program →locate any suspicious application → hit Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features →locate any suspicious application → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate any suspicious application → Click on Remove button
Please note after uninstall malicious programs, there will be many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Remove Home.gamesgofree.com from IE/FF/Chrome
Uninstall GamesGoFree Search related program can only prevent GamesGoFree Search virus reanimating. You need to reset your browser settings such as homepage and default search engine manually to get rid of browser hijacking.
• Repair your installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a tool developed to manage extensions and toolbars on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). With Anvi Slim Toolbar you can modify the homepage and default search engine of your installed web browser easily.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
Launch Anvi Slim Toolbar → Switch to Manage tab → Chech or tick unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons → hit Remove button
3. Empty trash bin:
The removed toolbars and extensions are placed in the trash bin in case you want them back, so you need to empty the trash bin regularly.
Click on the trash bin icon, then you can restore or remove toolbars and extensions there.
4. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
• Repair your installed browser manually
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://home.gamesgofree.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To reset search provider: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → switch to Search Providers tab → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click on Gamesgofree Search → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
Alternative Solution: Reset IE to its default state
If you think the setting process is complicated or you can’t find the items mentioned above, you can follow this solution to reset IE to its default state.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools at the top right corner, and then select Internet options.
2. Switch to Advanced tab in the window and click on the Reset button.
3. Check Delete personal settings and click Reset button in the new window.
4. After the reset finished, click Close button. Then restart Internet Explorer.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
2. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Gamesgofree Search → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
This solution is easy to follow, but you will lose your customized settings.
1. Click on orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser, and then move the mouse pointer to Help in the dropped-down menu and select Troubleshooting information in the sub-menu.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the Troubleshooting Information page and in the confirmation window that opens.
3. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://home.gamesgofree.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove Gamesfofree Search from the list by clicking the recycle bin
Alternative Solution: Reset Chrome to its default state
1. Close Chrome and go to Chrome User Data folder at the location showing in the picture below.
C:UsersUser nameAppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser Data
2. Rename the Default folder as Default-old or anything else and create a new folder name as Default.
3. Run Chrome and remove unwanted extensions when informed.
Now, GamesGoFree Search virus should have been removed completely from your computer. If you have encountered any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
Recommended—Optimize your computer disk with Anvi Ultimate Defrag
You are experiencing a incredibly slow and computer and browser performance even if you clean up your computer system regularly? Maybe you should consider if the poor performance is caused by disk fragmentation. Files get split up into fragments as you use computer and this theoretically slows down your computer. Thus to optimize the disk performance, you need a disk defragment program, such as Anvi Ultimate Defrag, to make the fragments as contiguous as possible.
Download Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Purchase Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
Double click audsetup.exe file to install Anvi Ultimate Defrag
Launch Anvi Ultimate Defrag and check the disks and operations you want, then click on Start
This will take a long period of time, so you could tick “Shut down Windows after complete”.