This article contains step-by-step instructions on how to remove Go.speedbit.com redirect virus. Please read and still.
Do You Know Go.speedbit.com redirect Virus
Screenshot of Go.speedbit.com redirect virus
Go.speedbit.com virus is defined as the category of browser hijacker. It is a similar virus to Qvo6.com and Delta-home.com virus whose known damages to computer are modifying users’ default browser settings and installing unfriendly program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) onto computers. In addition to these, Go.speedbit.com redirect virus will exhibit other malicious traits. All of them are listed below:
● Redirect your frequent used homepage of IE, Firefox or Google Chrome to Go.speedbit.com…
● Display ads or sponsored links in your search results. Meanwhile, some annoying popups will also appear when you are visiting web.
● Redirect you to other different websites when browsing webpage. Or unknown webpages pop up when you open a certain website.
● Add toolbar and extensions to your browsers without your knowledge.
Maybe not all of symptoms described above will appear, but Go.speedbit.com redirect virus do have these bad influences. So you should remove this virus as a matter of urgency.
Wonder Where Go.speedbit.com redirect Virus Comes From
After infected by Go.speedbit.com redirect virus, users’ always wonder where this browser hijacker come from; through what ways it goes to their PC?
Go.speedbit.com redirect virus infects your computer system mainly through two ways–along with freeware and fake installers. Typically, bundling with freeware to install on your PC sneakily is the most popular one. That is, many of victims are suffer from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tells you that your software like Flash Play need to update. These fake installers may carry Go.speedbit.com redirect virus, too.
Tips for Avoiding Being Infected by Go.speedbit.com Redirect Virus
These tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
4. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Go.speedbit.com Redirect Virus
- Step 1: Uninstall Programs related to Go.speedbit.com and other unknown applications from control panel
- Step 2: Remove Go.speedbit.com redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC
Step1> Uninstall Programs related to Go.speedbit.com and other unknown applications from control panel
For Windows XP:
Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for the programs related to Go.speedbit.com like eSave Security Control, Safehomepage.com, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista:
Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Look for the programs related to Go.speedbit.com like eSave Security Control, Safehomepage.com, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8:
Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for the programs related to Go.speedbit.com like eSave Security Control, Safehomepage.com, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Step2> Remove Go.speedbit.com redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
For Google Chrome
When Startup pages pops up, remove Go.speedbit.com by clicking X behind it. And then enter the URL like www.google.com/.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change Go.speedbit.com into http://www.google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, change Go.speedbit.com into Google and then click Manage Search engines.(a similar picture is shown below)
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine. And then click Done to finish the operation. (a similar picture is shown below)
For Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain to the original one and hit OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, click on Set as default button, choose the original one as your default provider and remove malicious one. ( a similar operation is displayed below )
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select malicious search engine and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There still exists some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Go.speedbit.com redirect virus. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Now, you have removed Go.speedbit.com redirect virus completely.
Due to browser hijackers like Go.speedbit.com goes to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
After computer working for a long time, your disk drives will carry a heavy load. What’s more, due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.