Homepage appeared to be Int.search-results.com? Despite the closure of the browser, it appears on your address bar when you open the browser again? Don’t worry; this article will give you advice on the removal of this aggravating redirect virus.
What is Int.search-results.com Redirect Virus
Int.search-results.com redirect belongs to browser hijacker whose emergence indicates that your PC has been infected with some malware and PUPs. As a browser hijacker, Int.search-results.com redirect virus is bundled with freeware download from the internet to install on your computer without knowledge and permission. Alongside the installation of Int.search-results.com redirect virus, several PUPs including adware and toolbar may also go to your PC. Thus, it proves that your PC is at risk when browser homepage is hijacked by Int.search-results.com redirect virus.
The fact that is needed to clarify is Int.search-results.com redirect virus is technically not a virus. People regard it as virus as they have no idea where it comes from. However, it also brings some potential safety hazards to users’ PC.
At first, Int.search-results.com redirect will direct your homepage and search engine to http://int.search-results.com across browsers including IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. And this virus will also add browser add-ons/extensions/toolbars to your browser so as to display sponsored links and advertisements, especially the text ads above your web search results. By accessing to your browsing data, the virus generates ads what you are interested in or related to you. It tries misleading you to the websites generate traffic or sales depending on your visit. What’s more, your sensitive personal and financial information may be recorded by cyber criminals for unethical business deals.
How to Avoid being Infected by Int.search-results.com Redirect Virus
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Int.search-results.com Redirect Virus
Step 1 Uninstall all of unknown and dubious programs that may arouse Int.search-results.com hijacking
Step 2 Clean up all of junk files, error files and invaild registry entries to optimize your PC
Step 3 Remove malicious browser add-ons/extensions from IE, Firefox&Google Chrome
Step 4 Start the malicious websites blocking mode
Step 1> Uninstall all of unknown and dubious programs that may arouse Int.search-results.com hijacking
Here we provide you with two methods to uninstall all of unknown and dubious programs that may arouse Int.search-results.com hijacking from your PC. You can opt for removing through control panel or via Anvi Uninstaller.
Special instructions： As an effective uninstall tool, Anvi Uninstaller is integrated with Cloud System Booster which is used for system maintenance&optimizing. It can help you find recently installed programs easily and quickly; whilst, clean up all of leftovers produced by adware and PUPs.
—Remove from control panel
Note: Int.search-results.com redirect virus infects your PC alongside different free software, shareware or video, etc.you download from the internet, so you are suggested to uninstall all unknown and dubious programs. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed programs tracing back to time of http://int.search-results.com homepage appearing.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for all of unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Remove one by one.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for all of unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for all of unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
—Uninstall by Anvi Uninstaller
If you are feel hard to find the potentially unwanted programs(PUP) installed recently, it is highly recommended to uninstall them via Anvi Uninstaller.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Switch to Recently Installed tab ( help you find PUPs easily ), Select all of unknown and dubicious programs like below, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing. Picture is displayed below, you can skip the first step to go on the following operations. (Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version)
6. After removing Funmoods and unknown and dubious programs, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close.
7. Come back to Home tab, and then click Booster to detect all of residual rubbish on your PC. And then remove them. ( after finis this operation you can skip step 2 to execute the following removal steps)
Step 2> Clean up junk files, error files and invaild registry entries to optimize your PC
There still exists some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling adware and PUPs in your PC. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 3> Remove malicious browser add-ons/extensions from IE, Firefox&Google Chrome
Because some of users feel it’s a pain to manually remove malicious browser add-ons/extensions/toolbars one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select all of malicious extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
—-Alternative choice for removing Int.search-results.com redirect virus
For Internet Explorer users
1. Go to Internet Explorer> click the gear icon(for IE 9 and 10)/Tools (for IE 8) at the top (far right)>click Internet Options.
2. In the following pop-up box: click Advanced tab>click Reset button>click OK.
3. In below section: select Delete personal settings>click Reset
4. After completing the reset, click Close and then click OK.
For Firefox users
2. Then, click on Reset Firefox to restore browser settings to their original defaults.
For Google Chrome users
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
2. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section. Click Reset browser settings.
3. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows them to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
If you want know what settings will be impacted after resetting your browser settings, please see Reset browser settings on Google’s website.
Step 4> Start the malicious websites blocking mode
Although your browser itself owns ad shielding function, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an malicious websites and ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker(download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html is highly recommended. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Due to browser hijackers like Int.search-results.com going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.