isearch.safefinder.net infiltrates into your web browser, causing redirects and hijacking? This article is going to detail on how to get rid of isearch.safefinder.net redirect issues via adware or PUP removal. Read for more.
Category: Browser Hijacker/ PUP
Damage Level: Low
isearch.safefinder.net is a browser hijacker caused by reckless install of the adware SafeFinder Smartbar by Linkury, Inc. It is considered as a browser hijacker because it usually comes bundled with other freeware and infiltrates into computer without user’s consent or even in a deceptive way. These freeware can be software informer, download manager, PDF converter, fake browser update, fake java software, fake media player, etc.
Once installed, the SafeFinder Smartbar will hijack your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) with redirects to isearch.safefinder.com, browser extension added, default search engine modified, etc.
Worse still, almost ads related browser hijacker can access to all data on your computer and all websites that you visit. This may lead to privacy issues and identity theft. And this isearch.safefinder.net is without exception.
Thus, it is advised to remove the isearch.safefinder.net hijacker upon sight although it is actually neither a virus nor a malware but a browser hijacker.
The image of isearch.safefinder.net page
Risks and Disadvantages of Having Isearch.safefinder.net redirects
If isearch.safefinder.net redirects appear within your web browser, then the most common consequences are:
1. Your PC will run slower and slower, or even get crashed from time to time.
2. Web browsing speed is heavily dragged.
3. The popups may mislead you to risky websites and misguide you to download unwanted programs to jam or harm the computer further.
4. Like many other adware, such popup can access to all your browser data and collect these data, sending them to people who use them for money, despite that this has already violated your online privacy and compromise your online security.
5. Floods of ads in your web browser will degrade web browser performance to be annoying.
6. Other unexpected issues like browser hijacking, search redirects, various malware infections are very likely to come along.
Thus, for any reason, remove this isearch.safefinder.net hijacker upon sight and avoid further infection at all cost. —-Tips to prevent future adware/malware infection.
How to Get Rid of Isearch.safefinder.net Redirects (Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)
Step 1. Remove Hidden Risky Components using antimalware
To ensure no risky hidden components of this adware left to harm the system, you need an antivirus or antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender to scan out the core malicious files of this adware. To do this, you can follow below tips:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall related programs from computer
This adware installs its program to computer. To completely remove isearch.safefinder.net popup and potential risks related, the first step is to uninstall it from the computer. Follow below steps to uninstall related PUPs from your computer.
To conveniently help you figure out related programs, here we recommend you Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster to do the job:
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Close all programs and windows. Start Cloud System Booster and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this browser hijacker.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
If you prefer manual uninstall, follow below steps:
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click other dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
Step 3. Repair browser settings within IE/Firefox/Chrome
Choose an option your prefer below:
→ highly recommended for users using multiple web browsers
Option 1. Automatic Repair using Anvi Slim Toolbar
To remove search redirects from web browser, generally there are mainly three aspects in fixing browser settings in IE, Firefox and Chrome: remove add-on and related search engine, fix the homepage. Now to conveniently repair the browser settings, you can use this tool-Anvi Slim Toolbar.
a. Download and install
Anvi Slim Toolbar download: www.dotfab.com/download_ast.html
b. Close all opened web browsers. Then start the program and click Manage on its main screen.
c. Find and locate related/unwanted browser add-on and remove it from the appeared list.
e. Switch to the main screen and click Repair button to repair the homepage and search engine.
After all done, reopen your web browser to check.
To remove extension →
To remove startup page →
Click Settings at the left menu, find On startup area and click set page
Locate it and click X to remove the search.conduit.com startup page.
To remove homepage →
To remove related search engine →
Browser hijacker also changes your default search engine in chrome. Check it and choose your preferred search engine as default.
Find Search area, click manage search engines… button.
Then, make your preferred search engine, like Google.com, as default and then remove conduit search engine from chrome by locating it and clicking X as it shows.
When finished, open Chrome to check if the issue is gone.
To remove add-on →
On the opened window of manage add-ons, locate the Extensions tab to locate related add on and click Remove button to remove it.
Besides, you also need to check for the plugin tab on the add-on manage window, where you may also find other unwanted plugin and if any, make sure remove it as well.
To reset homepage →
Locate General tab and reset the homepage by either entering your desired homepage like www.google.com or click on Restore to Default button. When finished, click OK to save the change and exit.
To repair search engine →
In the opened Firefox window, click the right place besides the search box as shown in below image to drag out a dropped menu from there to select Manage search engines…
Then there will comes out a windows as shown in below picture. Click on suspiciously related search engine...locate it and then click Remove to remove it. Or you can just click restore to default button to repair it. Click OK to save the change and exit the window.
To configure Firefox →
Open a new blank tab in your Firefox, and type about:config in the address bar to open a window as shown in below picture.
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
Then, on the appeared window, type safefinder and smartbar respectively in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
When finished, restart the Firefox to check. That’s it.
To remove add-on →
Open Internet Explorer, click Settings icon to select Manage add-on
Locate on Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find related add-on. Click the item to disable and remove.
Note: Some PUP’s inserted add-on/plugin in IE can only be removed through control Panel, that is to say, if you uninstall it from the Control Panel, this add-on will automatically disappear in IE.
To remove Search provider →
Still on the window of manage add-ons, switch to Search Providers tab, and then search for related or unwanted search provider to locate it and click on Remove button at the bottom to get rid of it. (Please note if the search provider to remove is set as default, firstly you need to set other search engine like bing or google as default and then proceed the removal. )
To reset homepage →
Click on Settings icon and then select Internet Options. On the coming up window, locate → General tab → Home page area, you can either click on the Use Blank button or type your desired homepage like www.google.com in the edit box. Then, click OK to save the change and exit. That’s it.
Restart the Internet Explorer to check. That’s it.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies, key leftovers, and maintain system performance
Adware that causes misleading redirects and unwanted downloads may jam your system with burdensome leftovers to degrade your system performance or even harm the system. Thus, it is necessary to do a full cleaning after the adware removal. Again Cloud System Booster could afford this job.
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block Malicious Websites and Ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
Here you may also choose the Anvi Ad Blocker to help you block this sites by adding the URL to its blacklist. Besides this tool provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
To block the isearch.safefinder.net pop up using Anvi AD Blocker, you can follow below instructions on the image:
Not only this tool can help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this isearch.safefinder.net by adding the URL into its black list.
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have no reliable antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.