The article is aimed at offering effective removal guide for the removal of Media Player Enhance pop-up ads, which consists of several parts below:
Media Player Enhance
Media Player Enhance is an ad supported program working sneakily in all major browsers as add-on. Experts categorize such program as adware. It displays ads, deals and coupons for other websites and advertisers and gains return from them.
Users may always be taken in by what Media Player Enhance itself claims that it will enhance your experience while watching YouTube and other videos. However, it has another more important function which is constantly popping up ads powered by it while you visit websites.
The Media Player Enhance add-on generates various available coupons, transitional ads and other deals for its partner to mislead you to be the sales lead for them. Further more, your online activity is monitored by the adware in secret. To show you ad based on your preference and increase its advertising hits, Media Player Enhance extension collects your browsing habit and data including your privacy information. This is unfavorable for user. Because they are most likely to be the victim of financial theft and identity theft, etc.
Victims usually got infected with Media Player Enhance adware by installing free downloads, fake updates and video recording/streaming, etc. So you’d better be attentive when download software from the internet. For more prevention tips, please see “Tips for preventing users from being infected with PUP like Media Player Enhance again”.
Below we’ll show you the effective step-by-step removal guide, if you have any problems during the removing please leave your comment below. We’d like to figure out them for you immediately.
How to Remove Media Player Enhance Pop-up Ads
–Effective method for the removal of Media Player Enhance pop-up ads
Step 1→ Uninstall Media Player Enhance program
- Option 1 Uninstall it from control panel
- Option 2 Uninstall it by using Anvi Uninstaller(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
Step 1→ Uninstall Media Player Enhance program
Note: To ensure your PC is free from potentially unwanted programs, you’d better get rid of Media Player Enhance and other PUPs installing along with it.
Option 1 Uninstall it from control panel
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Media Player Enhance, select it and click Remove.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Media Player Enhance, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
Option 2 Uninstall Media Player Enhance by using Anvi Uninstaller(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
The tool Anvi Uninstaller contained in Cloud System Booster( system maintaining&optimizing software ) specializes in removing various programs installing in your PC. The “Recently Installed” tab can help those who can’t distinguish adware or PUP to easily get rid of them as it tracks back to the time around the adware Media Player Enhance installing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
2. After installing, open it and click Toolbox just below the interface, and then click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several senconds; and then run it.
3. Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove Media Player Enhance. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when remove)
Step 2→ Remove PUP.MediaPlayerEnhance and other virus infections hidden in your PC
Due to adware like Media Player Enhance going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be traced. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender to detect and remove these malicious malware and PUP.MediaPlayerEnhance as well as give you a prompt protection.
Please install Anvi Smart Defender(download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html,Purchase:http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php) firstly. And then run it for a quick or full scam of your system. Remove all of the malicious files after the scam finished.
Step 3→ Remove Media Player Enhance plugin by using Slim Toolbar(a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster)
Slim Toolbar integrated in Cloud System Booster is a browser management tool. It is designed to detect and remove all of malicious and dubious plugin, browser add-ons, extension, toolbar in browser as well as recover the modified browser settings to your original one.
Because Slim Toolbar is a pro tool, please purchase the pro version of Cloud System Booster.
Pro version is available in this link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Go to Home→click the arrow at the lower right corner→Slim Toolbar
Remove Media Player Enhance plugin from your browser like what the similar picture shows.
–Or you can choose manually remove it
Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Media Player Enhance extension and then click on Disable.
Step 4→ Clean up leftovers of Media Player Enhance and optimize your PC
To ensure the completely removal of Media Player Enhance adware, we need to clean up all of its leftovers including its residual error and invalid registry entries as well as junk files.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 5→ Start safe mode blocking malicious webpage and ads (Optional)
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
For more details, please see Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker
Keep your disk drivers clean
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
How to Be Safe Online
( to avoid being infected with Media Player Enhance in the future)
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.