This article contains step by step instructions on how to remove Mixi.Dj search and Search.conduit.com Redirect. Read more.
About Mixi.Dj search
Mixi.Dj search, or Mixi.Dj redirect virus, is classified as browser hijacker that infects your PC without your consent. Often, the reason why your PC is infected by this virus is that it is bundled with free software you download from websites to install on you PC sneakily. Once being intruded, browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will be hijacked–Homepage will be redirected to http://search.conduit.com and search engine will become Mixi.Dj Customized Web Search. These symptoms are what you can see at a glance when open your browser, however, Mixi.Dj redirect virus will also add extensions to your browsers. Anything Else, it will change your internet experience. According to what you search for on the internet and your browsing habit, it will display some of related ads and links to mislead you to purchase products or install software. Therefore, it must constantly collect your search items and browsing habit to offer you more annoying ads. Many uses wonder this PUP’s motivation of doing this, actually, through the way of stealing your privacy information it can generates traffic and revenues. This is also the real purpose of Mixi.Dj redirect virus.
Screenshot of Mixi.Dj Search
To get away from Mixi.Dj search and search.conduit.com virus as well as all that other stuff, you’d better pay attention to the tips below.
1 Be attentive when download free software from websites, such as download.com, softonic.com, CNET, Brothersoft, software.informer.
2 Always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any toolbar and redirects during the process of installing such free software.
3 keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
How to Remove Mixi.Dj Search and Search.conduit.com Redirect
Steps for effective removal of Mixi.Dj Search and Search.conduit.com Redirect
- Step 1> Uninstall Mixi.Dj and other unknown programs installed recently
- Step 2> Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome (automatically/manually)
- Step 3> Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall Mixi.Dj and other potentially unwanted programs installed recently
Tips: Mixi.Dj redirect virus goes to your computer bundled with free software, shareware or other third-party programs, and it is proved that such software is useless for you but make more toolbar and redirect virus install alongside it. Thus, not only do you need to remove Freecause toolbar but also the software/programs you don’t familiar with, especially those of installing recently.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Mixi.Dj, Search Protected by conduit and other potentially unwanted programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Mixi.Dj, Search Protected by conduit and other potentially unwanted programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Mixi.Dj, Search Protected by conduit and other potentially unwanted programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
–Alternative removal method
If you are feel hard to find the potentially unwanted programs(PUP) installed recently, it is highly recommended to uninstall them via Anvi Uninstaller.
- Delete leftover items of Mixi.Dj redirect virus after removing it from your PC
- Categorize the programs on your PC to help you find PUP installed recently quickly and easily
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Switch to Recently Installed tab ( help you find PUPs easily ), Select Mixi.Dj or other potentially unwanted programs like below, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing Mixi.Dj search. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations. (Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version)
Tips: after successful removal of Mixi.Dj search, IE browser window will pop up to inform you that this toolbar has been removed. Please close IE browser and goes to Perfect Scan.
6. After removing Mixi.Dj search, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close. For Mixi.Dj redirect virus, no leftovers remained. You just need to close this window.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome(automatically/manually)
Tips: Although Mixi.Dj redirect virus has been removed from your computer, but its browser extensions, modified homepage, new tab and search engine still keep unrepaired. Therefore, please take the repair steps below to recover related settings.
—Repair browser damages via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select Mixi.Dj toolbar and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
—Manunally repair browser damages
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://search.conduit.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on Mixi.Dj Customized Web Search, click on Remove. ( the sequence of operation can’t been changed )
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on extensions related to Mixi.Dj and then click on Disable.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://search.conduit.com/ into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine and then click on Done to finish the operation.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There still exists some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Mixi.Dj Toolbar. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed Mixi.Dj search and Search.conduit.com redirect completely.
Though you remove Mixi.Dj and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.