Some strange toolbar with noticeable MyFunCards shows up on your web browser? The New Tab is different from the original one, too? If that is the case, then you have got this MyFunCards toolbar installed without your consent. In this article, it will explain what does MyFunCards toolbar do, how does it infect your computer and how to remove it. Read on.
What Is MyFunCards Toolbar?
MyFunCards toolbar is an adware developed to promote ecards from ecards.myfuncards.com. This toolbar is powered by Mywebsearch. Therefore, once installed, it will not only add MyFunCards toolbar to your installed web browser, also change the new tab page and default search engine to MyWebSearch. And in some cases, the homepage will be changed to mywebsearch.com, too.
If you search in its search bar, you will be redirect to mywebsearch.com. The search result contains ads and sponsored links and Mywebsearch may collect search terms from your search queries.
How Does MyFunCards toolbar Get on Your Computer?
MyFunCards toolbar can be downloaded and installed willingly from ecards.myfuncards.com. When you visit this websites, it will pop up a message prompting you to install MyFunCards toolbar. But most of times it comes bundled with other freeware, such as media player, download-manager and PDF creator. It may also be distributed through attachment and links in spam email.
Please be cautious when installing freeware and opening questionable email. Always opt for custom installation and read carefully in the installing process. Deselect the unwanted and unknown applications and settings.
How to Remove MyFunCards Toolbar?
Step 1 Uninstall MyFunCards Toolbar from Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Star Menu → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features → Locate MyFunCards Toolbar → Click on Uninstall button or double clicking the program’s icon
Windows XP: Go to Star Menu → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → search for MyFunCards Toolbar → Click on Remove button
Step 2 Check and repair the residual damages to your browser
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner, and then select Internet options.
2. To change homepage: hit General tab in the menu → replace http://home.mywebsearch.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
3. To reset search provider: click on Settings button under Search to get Manage Add-on window → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click My Web Search → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
Alternative Solution: Reset IE to its default state
If you think the setting process is complicated, you can follow this solution to reset IE to its default state.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools at the top right corner, and then select Internet options.
2. Switch to Advanced tab in the window and click on the Reset button.
3. Check Delete personal settings and click Reset button in the new window.
4. After the reset finished, click Close button. Then restart Internet Explorer.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
2. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate My Web Search → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
This solution is easy to follow, but you will lose your customized settings.
1. Click on orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser, and then move the mouse pointer to Help in the dropped-down menu and select Troubleshooting information in the sub-menu.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the Troubleshooting Information page and in the confirmation window that opens.
3. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove home.mywebsearch.com by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other website you desire
3. To reset default search engine: Select Google from the list under Search → hit Manage search engine → set Google as your default search engine → remove My Web Search from the list
Step 3 Repair you installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Also, you can download and install a tool to assist you to complete the repair of your browser. Anvi Slim Toolbar is such an application.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
3. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
Step 4 Clean the useless registry entries and residual files
After remove MyFunCards toolbar, some registry keys and junk files are still on your computer. This residual files may slow down the performance of your computer over time, so you should clean up your computer after uninstall application. Try Cloud System Booster.
1. Download and install the free or paid version of Cloud System Booster.
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Cloud System Booster Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Launch Cloud System Booster and click on the Boost button.
3. Click on Clean button after scan finished.
Now, the MyFunCards toolbar should have be removed completely from your computer. If you have encounter any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
Recommended—Turn on the security settings of your installed web browser
If you always encounter the problems such as pop-up ads and redirect virus, you may need to check if the available security settings of your web browser are on.
Internet Explorer: turn on the Pop-up blocker in IE
Mozilla Firefox: click on the orange Firefox button → select Options → go to Security tab → check all the items above Passwords
Google Chrome: click on Settings → hit Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page → check all the useful items, especially Enable phishing and malware protection
And you can make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to create a clean online environment. It can block pop up ads and prevent you to land on malicious websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php