The homepage and new tab page of your installed internet browser have been hijacked by start.mysearchdial.com? A MySearchDial toolbar has been added to your browser from nowhere? Wondering how to restore your web browser? Then read on.
What is MySearchDial Toolbar?
MySearchDial toolbar, also referred to as My Search Dial toolbar, is a potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker. MySearchDial Toolbar is browser toolbar in itself which promises to give you access to search results, most popular web sites and web services with a click. But it changes the homepage and new tab page of your Internet browser to start.mysearchdial.com. And it sets Mysearchdial or Search Results as your default search engine.
The screenshot of MySearchDial infections:
Start.mysearchdial.com is an ad supported search engine that presents advertisements randomly every time when you visit it. Most of them are malicious software developed by cyber criminals to collect money and they may slow down or crash your computer system. What’s more, it will display ads and sponsored links in your search results. They may lead you to malicious websites and to install vicious programs.
How to remove MySearchDial toolbar and Start.MySearchDial.com homepage?
Step 1 Uninstall MySearchDial toolbar from your computer
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system optimizer and cleaner. After uninstall a program, Anvi Uninstaller will detect leftovers, such as registry keys and junk files.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2.To uninstall MySearchDial toolbar: Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → locate MySearchDial → hit Uninstall to remove it
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
3. To clean residual files: Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate Mysearchdial → click on Uninstall button
Or, move the mouse pointer to bottom left corner → right click on the bottom left hot cornet → select Control Panel from the list → click on Uninstall a Program →locate Mysearchdial → hit Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features →locate Mysearchdial → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate Mysearchdial → Click on Remove button
Please note that although MySearchDial toolbar is uninstalled, there are still many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Repair the residual damage to your browser
Uninstall MySearchDial can only remove toolbars from your Internet browser. You need to reset your browser settings such as homepage and default search engine manually.
• Repair your installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a tool developed to manage extensions and toolbars on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). With Anvi Slim Toolbar you can modify the homepage and default search engine of your installed web browser easily.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
Launch Anvi Slim Toolbar → Switch to Manage tab → Chech or tick unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons → hit Remove button
3. Empty trash bin:
The removed toolbars and extensions are placed in the trash bin in case you want them back, so you need to empty the trash bin regularly.
Click on the trash bin icon, then you can restore or remove toolbars and extensions there.
4. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
• Repair your installed browser manually
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://start.mysearchdial.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To remove extension: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → go to Toolbars and Extensions tab → search for MySearchDial → right click on it → choose Disable all in the drop-down menu → close the window and click on OK button
3. To reset search provider: Switch to Search Providers tab → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click on Mysearchdial → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
Alternative Solution: Reset IE to its default state
If you think the setting process is complicated or you can’t find the items mentioned above, you can follow this solution to reset IE to its default state.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools at the top right corner, and then select Internet options.
2. Switch to Advanced tab in the window and click on the Reset button.
3. Check Delete personal settings and click Reset button in the new window.
4. After the reset finished, click Close button. Then restart Internet Explorer.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
3. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Mysearchdial → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
This solution is easy to follow, but you will lose your customized settings.
1. Click on orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser, and then move the mouse pointer to Help in the dropped-down menu and select Troubleshooting information in the sub-menu.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the Troubleshooting Information page and in the confirmation window that opens.
3. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://start.mysearchdial.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove Mysearchdial from the list by clicking the recycle bin
4. To remove extension: click Extensions above Settings → locate MySearchDial New Tab → click the Recycling Bin to remove it
Alternative Solution: Reset Chrome to its default state
1. Close Chrome and go to Chrome User Data folder at the location showing in the picture below.
C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
2. Rename the Default folder as Default-old or anything else and create a new folder name as Default.
3. Run Chrome and remove unwanted extensions when informed.
Now, MySearchDial toolbar and start.mysearchdial.com should have been removed completely from your computer. If you have encounter any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
How does MySearchDial toolbar infect your computer?
MySearchDial toolbar can be downloaded and installed willingly from its official website mysearchdial.com and some other websites. It can also sneak into your computer along with the installation of other free software. Usually, the installer of such programs contains optional choice, like install MySearchDial toolbar and set Mysearhdial as your homepage and default search engine. Or, it may be promoted through spam email with infected attachment. Please never download and open any attachments from suspicious email address.
Please keep in mind always opt for custom installation or advanced installation that you can choose which item should be installed.
Recommended—Turn on the security settings of your installed web browser
If you always encounter the problems such as pop-up ads and redirecting, you may need to check if the available security settings of your web browser are on. You can go to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online for detailed tutorials.
And you can make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to further guard your online activities and create a clean online environment. It can block pop up ads and prevent you from landing on malicious websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html (Expire in 15 days)
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
Now you can enjoy a safe and clean online environment.