If your PC is infected with Netmahal.com redirect virus, this article will tell you what is Netmahal.com redirect virus and what damages your PC will suffer from once infected by this malware as well as offer you a correct removal guide to help you to get rid of it easily and completely.
Screenshot of Netmahal.com redirect virus
What is Netmahal.com Redirect Virus
Netmahal.com redirect virus belongs to the category of browser hijacker, which redirects your homepage to Netmahal.com, changes your search engine to search netmahal.com as well as adds some extensions to your browsers without your knowledge. This is the reason why many victims open their browsers to find the website in the start page is netmahal.com and the search results are from search netmahal.com. Netmahal.com redirect virus will add argument http://www.netmahal.com/ro/?si=41460&shortcut=true&tid=293 to the windows shortcuts on your desktop and start menu at random. Once shortcuts are hijacked, not only will your browsers be redirected to netmahal.com, but also some spam advertisements and sponsored links will disappear in your search results. These ads may mislead you to malware and browser hijackers. Furthermore, Netmahal.com redirect virus will help cyber criminals to steal your credit card password, personal information and collect your online behaviors. It is reported that some victims even receive excessive spam email and phone calls from scam artists and telemarketers after infected by Netmahal.com redirect virus. Apart from cases mentioned above, Netmahal.com redirect virus also generates advertisement profits. Through the use of blackhat SEO, it improves the rank of a certain page in the search results to gain more revenue.
How Does It Capture Your PC
Typically, Netmahal.com redirect virus installs on your computer as a bundle of free software downloaded from websites. When you install free software that seems useful for you, the truth is that you are probably installing such browser hijackers, toolbars or other type of malware. Mostly, you don’t know that there is a malicious program installing on your PC and modifying some settings of your PC system and browsers as this installation runs when you keep the option—Recommended installation the free software gives you when install this free software. Therefore, please always remember to select Customize installation and refuse any unknown programs’ installation.
Furthermore, you need anti-malware software to detect and remove the malicious programs in your PC now and then to offer your PC a real-time protection. Here we recommend youAnvi smart defender.
How to Remove Netmahal.com Redirect Virus
Step 1: Remove the programs related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and any other potentially unwanted applications from your PC.
Option 1: Remove Netmahal.com redirect virus via Control Panel.
Note: The malicious programs associated with Netmahal.com redirect virus may include Netmahal build 1.0, New Tabs Uninstall, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, etc. You need to remove all the unwanted and unknown programs from Control Panel.
For Windows XP:
Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for the programs related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and other unknown programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista:
Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Look for the programs related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8:
Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for the programs related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Option 2: Remove Netmahal.com redirect virus via Anvi Uninstaller.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Expert tab. Then click on Toolbox in the left list.
3. Click on Download button behind Anvi Uninstaller. After it is downloaded, click on Run.
4. Choose the programs related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and any other potentially unwanted applications in the list, and then click on Uninstall. During this process, the below box will pop up, and then when the box of uninstalling Netmahal program appears, please click on uninstall. Then click on OK to finish the operation. (At last, don’t forget to click on Cancel to close the following box)
Step 2: Remove Netmahal.com redirects from IE/FF/Google Chrome
Option 1: Manually remove Netmahal.com redirects from IE/FF/Google Chrome
For Internet Explorer
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons.
5. When the Manage add-ons box pops, switch to Toolbars and Extensions tab, find the extensions related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and any unwanted extensions and right click on them and click on disable to remove them.
For Google Chrome:
2. Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section, click Manage search engines…, by clicking Make default , set the original website as the default search engine and remove malicious websites from the list.
4. Click the recycle bin next to add-ons related to Netmahal.com redirect virus or any unknown extension to remove them.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and click Manage Search Engines….to open it. Then remove the malicious search engines in the list and select the one you like to be your default search engine.
4. In Extension tab, Remove the extensions related to Netmahal.com redirect virus and any unwanted extensions.
Option 2: Automatically remove Netmahal.com redirects from IE/FF/Google Chrome via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2: Remove malicious toolbars in your broswers.
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Scan to detect malicious toolbars in your browsers. When the scan is finished, click stop button to stop malicious toolbars runing.
Switch to Manage tab, click toolbars you want to remove and click Remove button to get rid of malicious toolbars and extensions in your browser.(the similar operation is displayed below)
3: Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 3: Remove Netmahal.com redirect virus from the shortcuts of browsers (IE/FF/Google Chrome)
The removal guide is available for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Google Chrome.
Step 4: Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Netmahal.com redirect virus toolbars, other related potentially unwanted programs and resetting your browser settings. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
Pop up ads overtax your nerves when surfing online? Worry about potential risks of malicious websites, phishing websites and even Trojan planted websites that may infect your computer? You are constantly redirected to a website that you don’t want? Handle all such using Anvi AD Blocker. It is our ad blocker and filter software-real-timely protecting Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet.
Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites.
Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Enjoy you safe time online!