Toolbar with red “Rally” shows up on your installed web browser? Recently, you are frequently brought to website – my.rally.io when launching your browser? If that is the case, you have had this Rally toolbar installed without your knowledge. This article will guide you to remove this toolbar and repair its damage to your installed browser. Read on.
What Is Rally Toolbar?
Rally toolbar is a browser extension (for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) developed by Bullet Media, Inc., which is promoted to give you quick access to Facebook anytime and everywhere on the web. More often than not, along with the installation of Rally toolbar, the homepage and startup page of your installed web browser will be changed to my.rally.io, and the default search engine will be changed to Rally Custom Search.
Rally toolbar is not a computer virus but is categarized as potentially unwanted program (PUP) for it sneaks into users’ computer and forces them to land on my.rally.io.
If you highlight words when you visit websites, you will confront a Save to Rally button prompting you to create Rally account.
Rally search presents advertisements and sponsored links in your search results to create revenue. And it may monitor and collect your personal information to feed you more precise ads.
How Does Rally Toolbar Get on Your Computer?
Rally Toolbar can be downloaded and installed from its official website-www.rally.io. But, in most cases, Rally Toolbar comes bundled with other freeware, such as download-manager, media player and PDF creator. Therefore, please be cautious when installing free software. Always opt for custom installation and read carefully in the installing process to deselect the unwanted programs or settings.
How to Remove Rally Toolbar and My.rally.io Redirect?
Step 1 Uninstall Rally Toolbar from Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Star Menu → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features → Locate Rally Toolbar → Click on Uninstall button or double clicking the program’s icon
Windows XP: Go to Star Menu → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → search for Rally Toolbar → Click on Remove button
Step 2 Check and repair the residual damages to your browser
In most cases, after uninstalling Rally Toolbar, the Rally Toolbar extension would have been removed. If the toolbar still shows up on your browser, check and remove it from your browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
3. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Rally Custom Search → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
This solution is easy to follow, but you will lose your customized settings.
1. Click on orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser, and then move the mouse pointer to Help in the dropped-down menu and select Troubleshooting information in the sub-menu.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the Troubleshooting Information page and in the confirmation window that opens.
3. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported.
For Google Chrome Users:
After installed Rally Toolbar, the settings of Startup page will be disabled. My.rally.io will be deleted automatically along with the uninstall of Rally Toolbar form the Control Panel.
1. To remove Extensions: Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) → click on Tools → select Extensions → Remove Rally Toolbar by clicking the recycle bin on the right side
2. To reset default search engine: Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings → select Google from the list under Search → hit Manage search engine → set Google as your default search engine → remove Rally Custom Search from the list
Step 3 Clean the useless registry entries and residual files
After remove Rally toolbar, some registry keys and junk files are still on your computer. This residual files may slow down the performance of your computer over time, so you should clean up your computer after uninstall application. Try Cloud System Booster.
1. Download and install the free or paid version of Cloud System Booster.
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Cloud System Booster Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Launch Cloud System Booster and click on the Boost button.
3. Click on Clean button after scan finished.
Now, the Rally toolbar should have be removed completely from your computer. If you have encounter any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
Recommended—Turn on the security settings of your installed web browser
If you always encounter the problems such as pop-up ads and redirect virus, you may need to check if the available security settings of your web browser are on.
Internet Explorer: turn on the Pop-up blocker in IE
Mozilla Firefox: click on the orange Firefox button → select Options → go to Security tab → check all the items above Passwords
Google Chrome: click on Settings → hit Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page → check all the useful items, especially Enable phishing and malware protection
And you can make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to create a clean online environment. It can block pop up ads and prevent you to land on malicious websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php