Have you ever met such a situation: all of a sudden, while your browser is up, you are getting pop-ups from Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net that don’t leave you alone? What is Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up virus? How to remove them? All problems will be figure out in this article. Please read and be still.
What is Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net?
Similar to Vube.com and Fastclicknow.com, Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net is an advertisement platform serving for Advertisers to distribute spam ads that trouble users quite a lot when they browse web. Usually, we called such a nuisance adware or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) causing it boosts traffic and generates revenue relying on misleading pop-up advertisement.
After being infected by Rvar-a.akamaihd.net adware, there will be ads from this malicious domain appears occasionally. Through it is technically not a virus, it exhibits plenty of malicious traits that threaten the security of your PC a lot. Let’s take a closer look at its malicious traits.
• Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads will mislead users to websites contains various ads of some products like software installers and try to convince you to download and even purchase the products they prompted.
• Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads may redirect you to malicious websites that contains dangerous links of virus.
• Once Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads appear, it means that there must be adware/toolbar/PUPs installing on your PC.
• Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads may act on your browser via extensions added by the related adware/toolbar/PUPs sneakily. So it is necessary to check if there are annoying add-ons and extensions on your browsers.
• Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads will monitor your online activities, collect the browsing habit as well as save your personal information privately for the distribution of ads.
Tips for Avoiding being Infected with Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net Adware Again
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net Pop-up Ads
- Step 1: Uninstall all of unknown and dubious PUPs from computer and optimize your PC
- Step 2: Remove browser extensions related to Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1: Uninstall all of unknown and dubious PUPs from computer and optimize your PC
Please note, Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net adware is installed on your PC alongside different free software you download from the internet. So you are suggested to uninstall these free software. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of its pop-up ads appearing. If it’s hard for you to distinguish which one is malicious or useless, we recommended you use antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender to give your PC a full scan. For more details, please see Malware Prevention Tips.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free version: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Pro version: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds; and then run it.
3. Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove PUPs that may related to Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net adware. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
4. Please go back to Home, and click on Boost to scan junk files and invalid registry entries left in your computer; and then click Clean to optimize your PC.
Please always use the tool like Cloud System Booster to clean up the leftovers in the computer to get a clean and optimized PC environment.
Step 2: Remove browser extensions related to Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
Here we offer you 2 option to remove these malicious browser extensions from your browser.
Option 1 Remove browser extensions related to Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove browser add-ons/extensions/toolbars related to Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove Extensions from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select all of malicious extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Option 3 Manually remove extensions by resetting your browser
Please note that this method will make your personalized browser settings lost and recover to the default settings of browser itself. Please be careful when choose this method to get rid of.
For Internet Explorer users
1. Go to Internet Explorer> click the gear icon(for IE 9 and 10)/Tools (for IE 8) at the top (far right)>click Internet Options.
2. In the following pop-up box: click Advanced tab>click Reset button>click OK.
3. In below section: select Delete personal settings>click Reset
4. After completing the reset, click Close and then click OK.
For Firefox users
2. Then, click on Reset Firefox to restore browser settings to their original defaults.
For Google Chrome users
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
2. Click Show advanced settings and find the “Reset browser settings” section. Click Reset browser settings.
3. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows them to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
If you want know what settings will be impacted after resetting your browser settings, please see Reset browser settings on Google’s website.
Step 3: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Malware Prevention Tips
Due to adware like Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
Keep your disk drivers clean
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.