It is not normal that ads prompting you to download certain player or similar video downloaders pop up now and then while you browse, especially those from domain Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net. What is Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ad and how to get rid of it once and for all? The answer is in the article.
Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net Pop-up Ad
First, Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), the culprit causing your browsers flooded with the unnecessary and annoying ads. Some experts also regard it as a platform generating various pop-up window mainly related to program downloading to collect traffic and monetize it. No matter what it is; there is no doubt that Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net will bring threats to your PC like the similar pop-up virus Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net.
Threats and hidden trouble
❶ People whose computer was infected with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net will receive probably the same types of advertising—player downloads. With the reason you are required to download certain media player to watch the video you prefer, Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads just interrupt your browsing activity. We cannot predict when such popup will appear, at present it spreads to random webpage.
You see that Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net always misleads you to download player or video downloaders:
❷ With that, users are easily misled to click its ads and even attempt to download the player prompted. Be careful! You are possibly redirected to malicious websites full of virus infections or websites that have been hijacked. Even through you download its program successfully, the chance to be infected with malware from the installer itself is still exist. Not only that, but also Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net gets traffic and revenue from your click and downloads.
❸ To boost traffic and benefit more, Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net will access all of your websites, tabs and online activity sneakily. The purpose is obvious, to collect your browsing habit to get a better performance of displaying ads that you may be interested in. However, you should be worried about your privacy information because the PUP will steal your personal information such as credit card, logon account, and email and so on to use in immoral business deals.
❹ It is also reported that Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net will hijack all your browsers to redirect you to its websites when you search something in the search bar and always display you the Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net webpage whenever open new tab.
So where it comes from—the PUP behaving so badly?
The main way for Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net to go to our PC is packaged with the 3rd party software installers including video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators from websites like download.com, softonic.com, software.informer to trick you into installing such software under its Recommended installation settings by exploiting your carelessness. So when Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads appear on your browsers, it indicates that there must adware and/or PUPs having installing on your PC. Other PUP got on computer by the same means we know including NationZoom.com, Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net, BetterSurf, and Jsn.donecore.net, etc. Please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software. For more knowledge to avoid be infected with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net again, please read How to Be Safe Online.
How to Remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net Pop-up Ads
- Step 1 Uninstall all of dubious programs related to Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net
- Step 2 Remove malicious Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net files and hidden virus infections
- Step 3 Remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Step 4 clean up junk files, error and invalid registry entries and optimize your PC
- Protective measures Start safe mode blocking malicious webpage and ads
Step 1 Uninstall all of dubious programs related to Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net
The tool Anvi Uninstaller contained in Cloud System Booster( system maintaining&optimizing software ) specializes in removing various programs installing in your PC. The “Recently Installed” tab can help those who can’t distinguish adware or PUP to easily get rid of them as it tracks back to the time around the adware and PUP related to Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net installing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
After installing, open it and click ToolBox just below the interface, and then click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several senconds; and then run it.
Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net related programs “Desk 365“, “iSafe”, “Wsys Control” and “eSafe Security Control”, especially these applications installed recently. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
If you use pro version of Cloud System Booster, you can remove leftover of Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net directly after remove its related dubious programs. For those who use free version, you have to complete Step 4 to clean up all of leftover, junk files, invalid registry entries and so on by PC optimizer Cloud System Booster.
The leftover of Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net scan result is similar to the picture below.
—Alternative removal choice
It is available that removing Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net related programs through your control panel except by Anvi Uninstaller.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Remove one by one.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for any suspicious programs you unknown and have not installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
After remove the all of PUPs from the control panel, please use system clean tool Cloud System Booster(Download:http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html to remove the residential junk files in your PC completely.
Step 2 Remove malicious Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net files and hidden virus infections
Free downloads probably installs additional browser hijacker, adware and PUP including these are associated with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net popups onto your PC. And you don’t know whether there are virus infections got on your computer when you click Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net ads so you need the antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender to give you a full system scan and remove all of hidden virus infections and the malicious files related to Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net popups.
Please install Anvi Smart Defender(download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html,Purchase:http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php) firstly. And then run it for a quick or full scam of your system. Remove all of the malicious files after the scam finished.
Step 3 Remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net Redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
Note: As we mentioned above, Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net may hijacks your browsers. However, it is uncertain that the PUP will modify which part of your browser. So the following method covers all of browser damage repairing. You can check to ensure that your browsers are free from this PUP.
Here we offer you 2 option to remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net redirect from your browser.
Option 1Manually remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net redirect from your browsers
The picture we offer is not the original one. But it is convenient for you to find the corrected section that is needed to repaired.
When Startup pages pops up, remove malicious url by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change the malicious domain into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
4. Go to wrench or 3 bar icon (next to the address bar), click on Tools and then click on Extensions. Locate any suspicious extensions you have not installed intentionally and then remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them. (necessary)
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select the malicious web search and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Then, on the appeared window, type Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
1. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, change Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net url to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
2. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on the malicious one, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on any dubious toolbars and extensions you have not installed intentionally and then click on Disable.(necessary)
Option 2 Remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net rediect via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net homepage from browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select unknown extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 4 clean up junk files, error and invalid registry entries and optimize your PC
Although you have removed Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net, there still exist some residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries in your computer system due to a long time using. To ensure no Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net’s leftovers in the system, it is necessary to give a full clean for your PC. Cloud System Booster helps to clean up them and save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer. For further hard drivers cleaning, we recommend you a freeware Anvi Ultimate Defrag.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Protective Mesure: Start the safe mode blocking malicious websites and ads
To avoid getting infect with such PUP and other virus infection, you need to ensure the whether your browser’s safe mode for blocking ads and malicious websites is launching. Then, when you encounter malicious URL or are redirected to unknown websites, the browser itself will prevent they from opening automatically to keep you a safe online environment.
For Internet Explore:
Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools (Gear Bar if you’re using IE9)> Select Internet Options> Select Privacy tab> Tick the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” to prevent “Recommended for You” Pop Up > click OK to complete.
Open your Mozilla Firefox>Click on Tools>Select Options>Choose Content>Tick on “Block pop-up windows” and click on OK to finish the operation.
For Google Chrome:
Open your Google Chrome>Click on the wrench icon on the top-right corner of the browser>Select Settings>Click on Showing advanced settings…>Find the Privacy and click on Content Settings>Go to Pop-ups and tick on “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” and click on Done to complete the operation.
However, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker is highly recommended( for instructions of this protection tool please see Learn by trying it. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Now, you have removed Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net completely and are relatively safe online with the protection of Anvi Ad Blocker .
How to Be Safe Online
( to avoid being infected with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net in the future)
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
For any questions, please leave your message below.