Your internet browser homepage has been hijacked by safe.v9.com? Can’t find a way to get rid of this browser redirect virus once for all? This post will guide you remove safe.v9.com redirect from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome completely. Read on.
What Is Safe.v9.com?
Safe.v9.com, also regard as Safe V9 or V9, is a browser hijacker that is compatible with most of popular web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once it found its way into your computer, Safe V9 will change the homepage, new tab page and default search engine to Safe.v9.com without obvious notification.
Safe.v9.com is an ad-supported search engine in itself which abuses the logo of google to make itself looks like a useful search engine. However, it displays irrelative advertisements and sponsored links in your search results. It may also collect search terms from your search queries in order to feed you more precise advertisements.
Safe V9 is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why you are unaware of how and when it got into your computer and why people regard it as a computer virus. Actually, it is classified by the industry as a PUP (potentially unwanted program).
How to Get Rid of Safe.v9.com Redirect? (Removal Guide)
To remove Safe.v9.com redirect from your computer and internet browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox) completely, please follow the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try our best to help you to resolve your problem.
Step 1 Uninstall Safe V9 related malicious program
As mentioned above, Safe.v9.com redirect infects computers by being bundled in the installer of other free software, so you need to search for and uninstall any unknown and unwanted applications that are related to Safe V9, such as eSave Security Control, v9 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, or programs that are installed around the time Safe.v9.com redirect first occurred.
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system optimizer and cleaner. After uninstall a program, Anvi Uninstaller will detect leftovers, such as registry keys and junk files.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2.To uninstall Safe V9 related programs: Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → switch to Recently Installed tab → locate any suspicious program → hit Uninstall to remove it
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
Please note that the Prefect Scan function is only available for Cloud System Booster Pro version users. You can use this function by getting a trail license or upgrade to pro version.
Cloud System Booster purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
3. To clean residual files: Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
Please search for and uninstall any unknown and unwanted applications that are related to Safe V9, such as eSave Security Control, v9 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, or programs that are installed around the time Safe.v9.com redirect first occurred.
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate any Safe V9 related suspicous programs → click on Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features → locate Safe V9 related any suspicous programs → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate any Safe V9 related suspicous programs → Click on Remove button
Please note that although Safe V9 related malicious program is uninstalled, there are still many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Remove Safe.v9.com redirect from IE/FF/Chrome
Although Safe V9 related programs are uninstalled, the settings of your web browser won’t revert accordingly. That means you need to restore the settings by yourselves.
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://safe.v9.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To remove extension: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → go to Toolbars and Extensions tab → right click on any suspicious extensions → choose Disable in the drop-down menu → close the window and click on OK button
3. To reset search provider: Switch to Search Providers tab → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click v9 search (safe.v9.com) or any unwanted search provider → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
That’s all for the removal of Safe.v9.com redirect, if you have only Internet Explorer infected on your computer. You may proceed to the Malware Prevetion Tips part for more information.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Switch to Plugins tab → Disable suspicious plugins
3. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate v9 search (safe.v9.com) or any suspicious search engines → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
That’s all for the removal of Safe.v9.com redirect, if you have only Internet Explorer and/or Firefox on your computer. You may proceed to the Malware Prevetion Tips part for more information.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://safe.v9.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove v9 search (safe.v9.com) or any unwanted search engine from the list
4. To remove extension: click Extensions above Settings → search for suspicious extensions → click the Recycling Bin to remove it
Now, Safe.v9.com redirect virus should have been removed completely from your computer.
Important note: If you are still experiencing Safe.v9.com redirect after go through all above steps, you may try reset your web browsers to their default state.
Please leave a reply below, if you have any question concerning the removal of Safe.v9.com redirect virus.
Malware Prevention Tips
As mentioned above, Safe.v9.com redirect virus often sneaks into your computer by being bundled in the installer of other free software, so you should be attentive when install such programs and always opt for custom/advanced installation.
If you always encounter the problems such as pop-up ads and redirecting, you can make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to further guard your online activities and create a clean online environment. It can block pop up ads and prevent you from landing on malicious websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html (Expires in 15 days)
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
Redirect virus like Safe.v9.com may lead you to malicious websites and your computer may be exposed to other horrible computer infections, so we strongly recommend you to scan your computer with an antivirus or antimalware program to make sure that your computer is safe and clean. Anvi Smart Defender is such a program that you can make use of.
Anvi Smart Defender free version download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html