This article contains step by step instructions on how to remove safehomepage.com virus. Please read and still.
Do You Know Safehomepage.com Virus
Screenshot of safehomepage.com virus
Safehomepage.com virus is defined as the category of browser hijacker. It is a similar virus to Qvo6.com and Delta-home.com virus whose known damages to computer are modifying users’ default browser settings and installing unfriendly program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) onto computers. In addition to these, safehomepage.com virus will exhibit other malicious traits. All of them are listed below:
● Redirect your frequent used homepage of IE, Firefox or Google Chrome to www.safehomepage.com/?utm_source =b&utm……
● Display ads or sponsored links in your search results. Meanwhile, some annoying popups will also appear when you are visiting web.
● Redirect you to other different websites when browsing webpage. Or unknown webpages pop up when you open a certain website.
● Add toolbar and extensions to your browsers without your knowledge.
● Add the argument http://www.safehomepage.com/to the shortcuts of your browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Maybe not all of symptoms described above will appear, but safehomepage.com virus do have these bad influence s. So you should remove this virus as a matter of urgency.
Wonder Where Safehomepage.com Virus Comes From
After infected by Safehomepage.com virus, users’ always wonder where this browser hijacker come from; through what ways it goes to their PC?
Safehomepage.com virus infects your computer system mainly through two ways–along with freeware and fake installers. Typically, bundling with freeware to install on your PC sneakily is the most popular one. That is, many of victims are suffer from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tells you that your software like Flash Play need to update. These fake installers may carry Safehomepage.com virus, too.
How to Remove Safehomepage.com Virus
- Step 1: Uninstall Programs related to safehomepage.com and other unknown applications from control panel
- Step 2: Remove safehomepage.com redirects from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3: Remove malicious arguement from the shortcuts of browsers
- Step 4: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC
Step1> Uninstall Programs related to safehomepage.com and other unknown applications from control panel
For Windows XP:
Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for the programs related to safehomepage.com like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista:
Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>Look for the programs related to Safehomepage like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8:
Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for the programs related to Safehomepage like eSave Security Control, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect and other unknown programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Step2> Remove safehomepage.com redirects from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
For Google Chrome
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://www.safehomepage.com/ by clicking X behind it. And then enter the URL like www.google.com/.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://www.safehomepage.com/ into http://www.google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, change safehomepgae.com into Google and then click Manage Search engines.(a similar picture is shown below)
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine. And then click Done to finish the operation. (a similar picture is shown below)
For Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain to the original one and hit OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, click on Set as default button, choose the original one as your default provider and remove malicious one. ( a similar operation is displayed below )
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select malicious search engine and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Step3> Remove malicious argument from the shortcuts of browsers
The removal guide below is available for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Google Chrome. We take Internet Explorer as an example. Please Repeat the operation below to remove the argument from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome one by one.
1. Right click the shortcut of the browser and click Properties. (take IE as an example)
2. When below window appears, switch to Shortcut tab, then remove safehomepage.com redirect virus from the Target and click OK to finish the operation.
Step 4> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling safehomepage.com. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Now, you have removed safehomepage.com completely.
Though you remove safehomepage.com and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.