You are annoyed by the ads from Savepath Deals and the redirecting to savepathdeals.com? This post offers step-by-step instructions on how to remove Savepath Deals and Kwible search. Read on.
What Is Savepath Deals?
Savepath Deals is an adware that will present advertising banners, coupons and sponsored links on Amazon, Walmart, Ebay and other commercial websites that you are visiting. Once installed, Savepath Deals will display coupons via a box with Savepath Deals logo on the upper right corner of the browser. You may notice advertising banners from Savepath Deals when you land on a shopping websites. What’s more, the homepage of your internet browser will be changed to savepathdeals.com and the default search engine to Kwible search.
Savepath Deals is actually an extension that can work with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Strictly speaking, Savepath Deals is not a computer virus, but considering its sneaky behavior it is categorized as PUP (potentially unwanted program).
How to Remove Savepath Deals and Kwible Search? (Removal Guide)
Step 1 Uninstall Savepath Deals and related malicious programs
Savepath Deals usually comes bundled with other freeware and accompanied with browser hijacker, so you need to uninstall all the suspicious applications that installed around the time you are infected by Savepath Deals.
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system cleaner and optimizer. Anvi Uninstaller will scan and delete leftovers after uninstall a program.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2.To uninstall Savepath Deals and related malicious program:
Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → locate malicious application → hit Uninstall to remove
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
Please note that the Prefect Scan function is only available for Cloud System Booster Pro version users. You can use this function by getting a trail license or upgrade to pro version.
Cloud System Booster purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
3. To clean residual files: Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate Savepath Deals and any suspicious application → click on Uninstall button
Or, move the mouse pointer to bottom left corner → right click on the bottom left hot cornet → select Control Panel from the list → click on Uninstall a Program →locate Lucky Leap and any suspicious application → hit Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features → locate Savepath Deals and any suspicious application → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate Savepath Deals and any suspicious application → Click on Remove button
Please note after uninstall malicious programs, there will be many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Repair the residual damages to your browser
In most cases, after uninstalling this application, the extension added would have been removed. In order to have your web browser work correctly again, you should go through the steps below to check and restore your browser settings.
• Repair your installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a tool developed to manage extensions and toolbars on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). With Anvi Slim Toolbar you can modify the homepage and default search engine of your installed web browser easily.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
Launch Anvi Slim Toolbar → Switch to Manage tab → Chech or tick unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons → hit Remove button
3. Empty trash bin:
The removed toolbars and extensions are placed in the trash bin in case you want them back, so you need to empty the trash bin regularly.
Click on the trash bin icon, then you can restore or remove toolbars and extensions there.
4. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
• Repair your installed browser manually
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://www.savepathdeals.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To remove extension: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → go to Toolbars and Extensions tab → right click on Kwible Search and Savepath Deals → choose Disable in the drop-down menu → close the window and click on OK button
3. To reset search provider: Switch to Search Providers tab → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click Kwible Search → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
Alternative Solution: Reset IE to its default state
If you think the setting process is complicated or you can’t find the items mentioned above, you can follow this solution to reset IE to its default state.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools at the top right corner, and then select Internet options.
2. Switch to Advanced tab in the window and click on the Reset button.
3. Check Delete personal settings and click Reset button in the new window.
4. After the reset finished, click Close button. Then restart Internet Explorer.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
2. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Kwible or any other suspicious search engine → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Switch to Plugins tab → locate malicious plugins → Click on Disable button
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
This solution is easy to follow, but you will lose your customized settings.
1. Click on orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser, and then move the mouse pointer to Help in the dropped-down menu and select Troubleshooting information in the sub-menu.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the Troubleshooting Information page and in the confirmation window that opens.
3. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://www.savepathdeals.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove Kwible from the list by clicking the recycle bin
4. To remove extension: click Extensions above Settings → locate Kwible Search, Savepath Deals or any other suspicious extensions → click the Recycling Bin to remove it
Alternative Solution: Reset Chrome to its default state
1. Close Chrome and go to Chrome User Data folder at the location showing in the picture below.
C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
Please note that AppData is a hidden folder.
To show hidden files and folders: click on Organize in open Computer window → select Folder and search options → Go to View tab in Folder Options window → check Show hidden files, folders and drives
2. Rename the Default folder as Default-old or anything else and create a new folder name as Default.
3. Run Chrome and remove unwanted extensions when informed.
Now, Savepath Deals virus and Kwible Search should have been removed completely from your computer. If you have encountered any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
How Does Savepath Deals Infect a Computer?
Commonly, Savepath Deals can be downloaded and installed willingly from its official websites or other website. But, in most instances, it is bundled with other freeware, such as download-manager, video streaming and video conversion program. When you install such programs, you will also agree to install Savepath Deals and set savepathdeals.com as your homepage and Kwible search as your default search engine. Please always opt for custom/advanced installation so that you can deselect unwanted applications and settings.
Spam email is also widely used to distribute malware, so please do not open and download attachments, or click on links containing in an email from unknown resource.
Recommended—Optimize your computer disk with Anvi Ultimate Defrag
You are experiencing a incredibly slow and computer and browser performance even if you clean up your computer system regularly? Maybe you should consider if the poor performance is caused by disk fragmentation. Files get split up into fragments as you use computer and this theoretically slows down your computer. Thus to optimize the disk performance, you need a disk defragment program, such as Anvi Ultimate Defrag, to make the fragments as contiguous as possible.
Download Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Purchase Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
Double click audsetup.exe file to install Anvi Ultimate Defrag
Launch Anvi Ultimate Defrag and check the disks and operations you want, then click on Start
This will take a long period of time, so you could tick “Shut down Windows after complete”.