Your PC has been infected with potentially unwanted program (PUP) once Search Snacks ads and popups appear on your webpage. What is the PUP; how to remove it and block these annoying ads? We will explain the details for you.
What is Search Snacks
Search Snacks is a downloadable extension application owned and distributed by SearchSnacks or its affiliate partners.
Although Search Snacks puts the statements on website to introduce itself that it is a free tool that makes searching and translating information you find online easy.
However, Search Snacks is a genuine ad supported program as it is free of charge and sponsored by advertisements and commercial offers. So it allows various ads about products, food, services, websites, and software, etc to be displayed to the webpage you browse.
To sum up, Search Snacks is adware and PUP that exhibits many malicious traits and brings adverse impact to computer.
After Search Snacks sneaks into your PC, it installs “Search Snacks” program and related malicious files to your hard disk and adds its browser add-on “Search Snacks” to all of browsers without permission and knowledge.
In addition to those annoying pop-ups hovering over highlighted words, Search Snacks plug-in is not only used for injecting various related or irrelevant ads, and commercial offers as well as promoting content but collecting your browsing habit and personal information.
Search Snacks doesn’t ask your consent and makes such disgusting behavior that leads you to be a victim.
- • You’ll suffer from a terrible browsing experience and can do nothing just let constantly pop-up ads flooding with your browser.
- • You’ll be collected by the adware to be the sale lead for other websites.
- • You’re likely to have your PC been infected with extra viruses and malware when you are misled by Search Snacks ads and then click the malicious websites and hijacked ones.
- • Numerous Search Snacks ads seem to indirectly force you to purchase something, visit some sites and download some software.
- Excessive ads slow down your internet speed and is easy to make your browser crash.
- • You have no privacy online since Search Snacks will access all of your websites, tabs and online activity to collect your browsing data, preference and personal information that may be used for immoral commercial use.
- • You are possibly become the victim of identity and financial theft.
How Dose Search Snacks Install on Computer
Because Search Snacks adware easily seizes opportunity to install on computer, each user at least need to own one tool for detecting and blocking malicious popups, ads and websites. If not, we recommend you a free program—Anvi AD Blocker. For instructions, please refer to Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker.
After you know the truth, please follow the remove guide below step by step if you decide to get rid of Search Snacks and block its ads. For any question during the removal, please leave them below.
How to Remove Search Snacks Ads and Popups?
Five steps for removal of Search Snacks Ads and Popups
- ❶ Uninstall Search Snacks and other PUP from computer
- ❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.SearchSnacks) and other virus infection hidden in your PC
- ❸ Eliminate Search Snacks browser extension from all of browsers
- ❹ Clean up leftovers of Search Snacks and optimize your PC
- ❺ Deep cleanup for you disk(Optional)
❶ Uninstall Search Snacks and other PUP from computer
Locate Search Snacks and other PUP such as Snap do, Connect Toolbar, Yontoo, etc. and any other unknown and suspicious program from control panel as uncertain negative applications are in victim’s computer.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Search Snacks, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Search Snacks, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Alternative uninstall method
(use free tool Anvi Uninstall offered by system optimizer Could System Booster)
Install and start Could System Booster(link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html)→Click on “ToolBox” right under the homepage→download and run Anvi Uninstaller→select Search Snacks and remove(skip the first step “Creat System Restore Point“).
You can directly clean up leftovers of Search Snacks after uninstall the PUP.
❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.SearchSnacks) and other virus infections hidden in your PC
PUP.XXX including PUP.SearchSnacks refers to malicious files of potentially unwanted programs like Search Snacks remain in your PC which can’t removed from control panel. As Search Snacks ad is suspicious of misleading you to malicious websites contain virus infections, you need use antivirus software to scan and remove all of virus infections.
❸ Eliminate Search Snacks browser extension from all of browsers
Because plugins related to Search Snacks will not disappear with the removal of Search Snacks and other viruses, you must remove them get rid of popups from Search Snacks and keep the security of your personal information.
Slim Toolbar (a pro tool contained in PC optimizing software Cloud System Booster that we recommend for you to clean up junk files and optimize computer in step 4) specializes in detecting and removing malicious and negative toolbar, add-on, extension, plugin and browser help object in major browsers.
Removal process demonstration:
1. Purchase the Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php and install it according its navigation.
Run it→click the arrow at the lower right corner→click Slim Toolbar
Remove Search Snacks related add-on from your browser like what the picture shows below.
It is also available for you to use another independent and free version of Slim ToolBar to remove Search Snacks plug-ins automatically.
The trial version is free for 15 days: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
–Or you can choose to manually remove Search Snacks plug-in from your browser
Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Search Snacks and then click on Disable.
Switch to the Extensions Tab. Click Remove to get rid of Search Snacks.
Locate Search Snacks and then remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
❹ Clean up leftovers of Search Snacks and optimize your PC
The residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries of Search Snacks and other viruses, which are not malicious but slow down your PC speed must be clean up. Because the excess leftovers will crash down your running program easily and do harmful to your PC. Here the system maintenance and optimization tool Cloud System Booster is recommended.
Download link of Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
❺ Deep cleanup for you disk
After a longtime of use, your disk must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.