Your PC has been blocked by a full-screen alert? The alert informs you that you must pay a fine for your illegal activities online? You cannot remove the screen locker by restarting your computer? Sorry to say that your computer is infected by a ransomware.
Is there a SPAUTORES logo at the upper-left corner of the notification?
If your answer is YES, the ransomware capturing your PC is SPAUTORES virus. This article will introduce you the details about SPAUTORES virus and help you to get rid of it completely. Please read more.
Details of SPAUTORES Virus
SPAUTORES virus, also called “O seu computador foi bloqueado” virus, is a ransomware through blocking your PC screen to tell you that your online activities has violated the law, like watching or distributing pornographic material, uploading SPAM and copyrighted content to websites, etc, so as to Blackmail a certain amount of money.
Many innocent computer users will believe the scam and pay a fine to the cyber criminals behind the virus. Why they can easily convince so many users? There are two reasons concerning:
One is that SPAUTORES virus disguises as law enforcement department like Portuguese police and states to notes you that you have violated the law of the country or other local department, agency. So they lock your desktop to ask you to pay a ransom for you illegal actions in the form of Ukash or Paysafecard code.
Another one is that they may warn you that they have monitored your online activities and have recorded your criminal behavior by showing you a fake video window in the notification.
The truth is that all fake notifications and fake webcam are created by cyber criminals. They can make good profiles by such scam.
Below is a typical screenshot of SPAUTORES virus.
Fake messages from SPAUTORES virus
Sociedade Portuguesa de Autores
O seu computador foi bloqueado.
Foram detetados descarregamentos de peças musicais ilegais(piratas) no seu computador.
Pode ser facilmente identificado através da resolução do seu endereço IP e nome de host associado.
Para desbloquer o seu computador e evitar consequências legais, é obrigado a pagar uma taxa de liberação de € 100.
Do not pay the fine whenever you receive this kind of notifications.
About UKash, Paysafecard, and MoneyPak Code
UKash, Paysafecard, and MoneyPak Code belong to legitimated payment service which you can easily buy them in supermarket. They are always used as a payment method by cyber criminals to steal your money. Never pay the fine via these codes.
Avoid opening unknown, unwanted websites or links, attachments in spam emails, causing they may carry this virus and other malicious programs.
Avoid downloading free software from unknown websites, especially peer-to-peer file sharing websites. Cyber criminals may convince you that the software is useful for you. However, virus or malware may be packaged with the free software to install on your PC.
Install antimalware software to prevent your PC from the attack of ransomware and other malware.
Recommended: Anvi Smart Defender
The similar ransomware removal guides are offered below, if your PC is infected by one of the following virus, please click on it to see the specific removal steps.
Cheshire Police Authority Virus, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance virus, Politie Office Central Ukash Virus, Spamhaus MoneyPak Virus, Joint Chiefs of Staff MoneyPak Virus, MoneyGram Virus, FBI “Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt und alle Daten verschlüsselt wurden!” Virus, Europol Interpol Paysafecard Virus, FBI “Uw computer is vergrendeld en alle gegevens zijn versleuteld!” Virus, CCIPS Moneypak Ransomware, Decrypt Protect-MBL Block Off Virus, United States Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus, CashU Virus.
How to Remove SPAUTORES Virus
(Tips for removing the virus)
Case 1: If you can get into the safe mode with command prompt, remove the ransomware by restoring your system.
Case 2: If you aren’t able to restart your PC or the restore points have been removed by the virus, get rid of the virus via Anvi Rescue Disk.
Method for case 1: Restore your PC in safe mode with command prompt.
Step 1> Restore computer in safe mode with command prompt
1. Restart your computer.
2. Repeatedly press F8 upon the opening of the boot menu to enter Windows in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”.
3. Type “explorer” when the Command Prompt appears and press Enter.
Note: In some cases during infections of malware and viruses you only have 2-3 seconds to do this. In other cases if it doesn’t work during the given seconds, viruses such as the FBI MoneyPak ransomware virus will not allow you to type “explorer” anymore.
4. Once Windows Explorer shows up browse Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe or Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe, then press Enter.
5. When such a window appears, click next.
6. Choose a restore point from the list, then click next.
7. At last click finish to complete the restore.
8. Restart your PC to normal mode.
Step 2> Remove malicious files from your PC through Anvi Smart Defender
1. Install Anvi Smart Defender
Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender
Anti-malware software from the links below:
2. Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate malware infections and any possible unwanted program.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender
will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3>Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer via Cloud System Booster
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries, other related potentially unwanted programs in your computer system. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and to save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, invaild registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Option 2: If you can’t restart your PC, please use Anvi Rescue Disk to remove the virus.
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk isofor your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Direct download link: http://download.anvisoft.com/software/rescuedisk.zip
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk isoimage to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk isoimage to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk isoimage to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender
antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and resuced from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistant, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender
by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer system, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
Good luck and be safe online. If any question, feel free to contact us for timely help by sending us your email below.