Your internet browser starts up on Sweetpacks-search.com instead of your default homepage? And you are constantly redirected to Sweetpacks-search.com while searching the internet? Want to get rid of this computer infection and get your internet browser works correctly again? Then read on.
What Is Sweetpacks-search.com Redirect?
Sweetpacks-search.com is a browser hijacker that is compatible with most of the popular web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once installed, it will add plugin and extensions to your web browser, and change the homepage, new tab page and default search engine to Sweetpacks-search.com without your permission.
Sweetpacks-search.com is actually an ad-supported search engine although looks like a legitimate search engine. It will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results to boost advertising revenue and to increase a site’s page ranking in the search results. It may also collect search terms from your search queries and monitor your online activities in order to feed you more precise ads.
Sweetpacks-search.com redirect often comes bundled with SweetIM Toolbar and/or SweetPacks Toolbar and other freedowns. After being infected, your web browser is extremely slow to load. In fact, Sweetpacks-search.com is technically not a virus, but considering its sneaky behaviors it is classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program) by the industry that most of computer users want to get rid of.
How to Remove Sweetpacks-search.com Redirect from IE/Firefox/Chrome? (Removal Guide)
To remove Sweetpacks-search.com redirect from Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox completely, please follow the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try our best to help you resolve your problem.
Step 1 Uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com related malicious program
As mentioned above, Sweetpacks-search.com redirect virus infects computers by being bundled in the installer of other free software, so you need to search for and uninstall applications that are related to Sweetpacks-search.com or installed around the time Sweetpacks-search.com redirect first occurred. Make sure that Update Manager for SweetPacks, Internet Explorer Toolbar by SweetPacks, SweetIM Bundle by SweetPacks and SweetIM for Messenger be uninstalled if you have these program on your computer.
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system optimizer and cleaner. After uninstall a program, Anvi Uninstaller will detect leftovers, such as registry keys and junk files.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. To uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com related programs: Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → swithch to Recently Installed tab → locate any suspicious program → hit Uninstall to remove it
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
Please note that the Prefect Scan function is only available for Cloud System Booster Pro version users. You can use this function by getting a trail license or upgrade to pro version.
Cloud System Booster purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
3. To clean residual files: Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
Search for and uninstall suspicious programs. Make sure that Update Manager for SweetPacks, Internet Explorer Toolbar by SweetPacks, SweetIM Bundle by SweetPacks and SweetIM for Messenger be uninstalled if you have these program on your computer.
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate any suspicous programs → click on Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features →locate any suspicous programs → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate any suspicous programs → Click on Remove button
Please note that although Sweetpacks-search.com related malicious program is uninstalled, there are still many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Remove Sweetpacks-search.com redirect from IE/FF/Chrome
Although Sweetpacks-search.com related programs are uninstalled, the settings of your web browser won’t revert accordingly. That means you need to restore the settings by yourselves.
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://www.sweetpacks-search.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To remove extension: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → go to Toolbars and Extensions tab → search for suspicious toolbar or extension and right click on it → choose Disable in the drop-down menu → close the window and click on OK button
3. To reset search provider: Switch to Search Providers tab under Toolbars and Extensions → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click Sweetpacks-search.com or any unwanted search provider → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
That’s all for the removal of Sweetpacks-search.com redirect, if you have only Internet Explorer infected on your computer. You may proceed to the Malware Prevetion Tips part for more information.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
1. To remove extensions and plugins: click on the orange Firefox button on the upper left corner of the browser → hit Add-ons → go to Extensions tab → Remove suspicious extensions
Switch to Plugins tab → Disable suspicious plugins
3. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Sweetpacks-search.com or any suspicious search engines → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
That’s all for the removal of Sweetpacks-search.com redirect, if you have only Internet Explorer and/or Firefox on your computer. You may proceed to the Malware Prevetion Tips part for more information.
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://www.sweetpacks-search.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove Sweetpacks-search.com or any unwanted search engine from the list
4. To remove extension: click Extensions above Settings → search for suspicious extensions → click the Recycling Bin to remove it
Now, Sweetpacks-search.com redirect virus should have been removed completely from your computer.
Important note: If you are still experiencing Sweetpacks-search.com redirect after go through all above steps, you may try reset your web browsers to their default state follow the guide in post: How to Reset IE/FF/Chrome to Default Settings.
Please leave a reply below, if you have any question concerning the removal of Sweetpacks-search.com redirect virus. You may proceed to the Malware Prevetion Tips part for more information.
Optional Troubleshoot—Repair your installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Also, you can download and install a tool to assist you to complete the repair of your browser. Anvi Slim Toolbar is such an application.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
Launch Anvi Slim Toolbar → Switch to Manage tab → Chech or tick unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons → hit Remove button
3. Empty trash bin:
The removed toolbars and extensions are placed in the trash bin in case you want them back, so you need to empty the trash bin regularly.
Click on the trash bin icon, then you can restore or remove toolbars and extensions there.
4. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
Now, your computer should have been free from the infection of Sweetpacks-search.com redirect. If you have encountered any problem in the removing process, please leave a reply and we will help you fix your problem as soon as possible.
Malware Prevention Tips
As mentioned above, Sweetpacks-search.com redirect virus often sneaks into your computer by being bundled in the installer of other free software, so you should be attentive when install such programs and always opt for custom/advanced installation.
If you always encounter the problems such as pop-up ads and redirecting, you can make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to further guard your online activities and create a clean online environment. It can block pop up ads and prevent you from landing on malicious websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html (Expires in 15 days)
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
Redirect virus like Sweetpacks-search.com may lead you to malicious websites and your computer may be exposed to other horrible computer infections, so we strongly recommend you to scan your computer with an antivirus or antimalware program to make sure that your computer is safe and clean. Anvi Smart Defender is such a program that you can make use of.
Anvi Smart Defender free version download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html