If your browser home page is changed to Trovi.com, the unknown one, which remains whether how many times you restart your browser, you have to consider that browser hijacker has already infected your PC. Here, we demonstrate removal instructions on how to get rid of Trovi.com browser hijacker from IE and Firefox and as well as Google Chrome.
What is Trovi.com?
Trovi.com, from a same browser hijacker family with Trovigo.com, leads to a series of browser setting changes. Unlike general browser hijacker represented by Conduit hijack, it exhibits more malicious traits which add difficulty to remove the traces of it from computer completely.
Regardless of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as well as Google Chrome, the browser hijacker will change their home page to Trovi.com and provide users with web search results from search engine Trovi instead of the original one. If you open a new tab, you’ll find that the page is also redirected to Trovi.com. Besides, the related Trovi.com Toolbar/extension/add-on is installed on these three browsers for collecting your browser habit and web search queries and monitoring your online activity.
>>Tip: Sometimes, Trovi.com browser hijacker might install New Tab Search Toolbar on browsers, which makes home page and new tab become New Tab page and sets Search the Web (powered by yahoo) as the default search engine.
Trovi.com browser hijacker will collect your privacy information and monitor your every move online once it changes your default browser settings and adds malicious extension and toolbar to browsers. It makes you in an unsafe network environment.
It allows dubious, even malicious links appear on your webpage. (In general, they are displayed in your search results.)
As browser hijacker, it is bundled with the third party software (usually free downloads from the internet) sneaking into your PC without knowledge and permission. Besides, other PUP may also get on to your PC along with it via your certain downloads installation.
How Dose Trovi.com Browser Hijacker Infect Computer?
After infected with Trovi.com browser hijacker, users’ always wonder where this browser hijacker come from; through what ways it goes to their PC?
Trovi.com browser hijacker infects your computer system mainly through two ways–along with freeware and fake installers. Typically, bundling with freeware to install on your PC sneakily is the most popular one. That is, many of victims are suffer from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tells you that your software like Flash Play need to update. These fake installers may carry Trovi.com browser hijacker, too.
Without reason should Trovi.com browser hijacker be left on your browser and PC. It is suggested to get rid it totally and then read “How to safely surf online“ for avoiding be infected with such kind of browser hijacker in future.
How to Remove Trovi.com Homepage and Trovi Search?
Step 1 Uninstall Trovi and any dubious programs related
Note: Because Trovi.com browser hijacker is very likely to install onto your PC along with other PUP such as Outfox.tv, Nation Zoom, Search Protected by Conduit, alnaddy.com, etc, you are suggested to uninstall such browser hijacker and Toolbar that we called the PUP one by one. In order to facilitate you to distinguish this kind of dangerous programs, you’d better consider the recent installed programs tracing back to time of http://trovi.com malicious homepage appearing.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Trovi and any suspicious programs unknown and having not been installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Trovi and any suspicious programs unknown and having not been installed intentionally, select it and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Trovi and any suspicious programs unknown and having not been installed intentionally, select it and click Remove one by one.
Recommend for automatically uninstalling malicious programs
To easier remove Trovi program and related malicious applications installing on your PC, it available to use Anvi Uninstaller to get rid of them automatically. It detects all of suspicious apps and displayed them in the Recently Install tab.
As it is a free tool integrated into Cloud System Booster(optimizer), you need to download it first.
Download Link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
After installing, open it→click ToolBox just below the interface→download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds→run it→Switch to the Recently Installed tab→remove Trovi program and any dubious programs. ( please skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
Step 2 Remove Trovi.com Redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
Here we offer you 2 option to remove Trovi.com redirect from your browser.
Option 1Manually remove Trovi.com redirect from your browsers
When Startup pages pops up, remove malicious url by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change the malicious domain into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
4. Go to wrench or 3 bar icon (next to the address bar), click on Tools and then click on Extensions. Locate any suspicious extensions you have not installed intentionally and then remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select the malicious web search and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
Then, on the appeared window, type Trovi.com in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
if you found the redirect remains in your homepage or your new tab is still redirected to Trovi.com, please complete the following operation.
Uninstall Firefox newtab
1 – Close Firefox explore
2 – Open “C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles”
3 – Open the file which suffixed with “.default”，right click the “prefs.js” file and open it with notepad
4 – Edit “prefs.js”,delete the below content:
5 – Click “File” ->”Save” to save the changes
6 – Restart Firefox explore,newtab add-on has been removed.
2. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on the malicious one, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools(IE 8)/gear icon （ IE 9 and 10 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on any dubious toolbars and extensions you have not installed intentionally and then click on Disable.
Option 2 Remove Trovi.com rediect via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove Trovi.com homepage from browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select unknown extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 3 Remove malicious files and compounds hiding in computer
Although we have removed Trovi programs and its redirect, some malicious files and compounds of Trovi and other potentially unwanted programs still hide in your PC system which are not found out. At the moment, you badly need to use a anti-virus software give your computer a full scan and remove all malicious threats in computer.
Here comes anti-virus software Anvi Smart Defender. Please install it first.
And then run it for a quick or full scan
After remove all threats hiding in PC, please click Guard botton. The antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender Pro Version (link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php) will give you a 24 hours web guard trying best to detect any malicious websites opened and popped up on your PC.
Step 4 clean up junk files, error and invalid registry entries and optimize your PC
Although you have removed Trovi.com, there still exist some residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries in your computer system due to a long time using. To ensure no Trovi.com’s leftovers in the system, it is necessary to give a full clean for your PC. Cloud System Booster helps to clean up them and save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. Download and install free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Note: Because some users had thier computers been infected with Trovi.com Hijack via malicious websites. In order to reduce the chance that the adware gets onto PC again when you visit malicious sites in your browsing history by accident, please follow us to clean up you browser cookies.
Back to Could System Booster Homepage→click Disk Cleaner→scroll over and opt for Internet Explorer Cookies, Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies→Click Start Clean to remove them.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
Recommend for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Tips for surfing safely
To ensure be safe online in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking.
To avoid the harassment of various pop-ups, ads, malicious and/or hijacked websites as well as phishing websites, you have to install a legitimate software for 24-hours protection. Here we recommended you a free blocker Anvi AD Blocker to keep you surf safe online.
Download link http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html.
Because this free version is only vaild for 15 days, if you want to get a long-time online protection, you have to purchase its pro version in this link http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
After install the software according to instructrons, please start it and click “ON” button to keep it running. Then close it to allow it works in the background to give you a real-time protection.
for detailed instruction, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker
Besides, if you decide to block a website forever and allow Anvi AD Blocker to block it automatically for you without a notification, please do this according what the picture shows to achieve it.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.