Do not have to worry about Trovigo.com redirect that firmly sticks to your home page. It is just browser hijacker designed to change your browser default settings to their own ones. Below the removal instruction on how to get rid of Trovigo.com browser hijacker is shown step by step. Please follow it in the correct order; for any question, leave it below and we will solve it for your as soon as possible.
Details on Trovigo.com Browser Hijacker
Trovigo.com browser hijacker mainly destroys your original browser settings regardless of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. It alters the dress of your home page and makes you always be redirected to Trovigo.com page whenever you launch browser; it changes your search provider and displays you various unreliable websites and content; sometimes new tab will be shown as Trovigo.com page, too. Furthermore, Trovigo.com browser hijacker may cause the corresponding unwanted extension install on your browser, which is known to arbitrarily access all websites, tabs and your online activity for collecting your browser habit and web search queries. As those negative traits Trovigo.com exhibits, it is always classified as potentially unwanted program (PUP).
When it comes to Trovigo.com PUP, we have to remind you that your PC is possible infected with other PUPs, adware, browser hijacker and Toolbar which sneak into your computer along with Trovigo.com browser hijacker. Typically, these PUPs including Trovigo.com are bundled with free or share software downloaded from the internet. No matter those third party software are reputable or notorious, all of them are suspected of containing additional offers including PUP, adware, browser hijacker and Toolbar in their installations. However, as a user you may not consider that an installation of your wanted program will bring about unnecessary infections, even lead to your computer setting changes. Just after you click “next” after “next” during the installation of the program, you will find out some PUPs are also logical to install onto your PC without knowledge and permission. We hereby want to remind you of reading the End User License Agreement carefully to know what it is you’re going to install. In additional to this, we hope you do the following to ensure surf safely online and get away from a similar infection.
1. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
2. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups; for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker. Meanwhile, check whether you have turned on security features of internet browsers for safer surfing online to block malicious websites.
2. Do not click those unknown and suspicious links and attachments in email.
3.When install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
4. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
6. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Trovigo.com Browser Hijacker
- Step 1 Uninstall Trovigo.com related programs from computer
- Step 2 Remove Trovigo.com malicious files and registry from computer
- Step 3 Remove Trovigo.com redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Step 4 Remove junk files of Trovigo.com browser hijacker and optimize your PC
- Recommended Tips: Give your disk a depth cleanup
Step 1 Uninstall Trovigo.com related programs from computer
Note: It is reported that PUP including Outfox.tv, Nation Zoom, Search Protected by Conduit, alnaddy.com, ect will cause Trovigo.com browser hijacker so you are suggested to uninstall all of PUP and suspicious programs installed in your control panel. In order to facilitate you to distinguish this kind of danger programs, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of http://www.trovigo.com. malicious homepage appearing.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for any dubious program, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
–Alternative removal method
To easier remove all malicious applications installing on your PC, it available to use Anvi Uninstaller to get rid of them automatically. It detects all of suspicious apps and displayed them in the Recently Install tab.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Install free version of Cloud System Booster( System maintenance and optimizing tool containing the small tool Anvi Uninstaller)
Download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Uninstall PUPs such as Outfox.tv. alnaddy.com, Nation Zoom, etc from computer.
After installing, open it and click ToolBox just below the interface, and then click Anvi Uninstaller to download it within several senconds; and then run it.
Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove PUPs such as Outfox.tv. alnaddy.com, Nation Zoom, etc any dubious programs. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when remove)
You can directly clean up leftovers caused by these dubious PUP after uninstall the PUP if you use the Pro Version.
Step 2 Remove Trovigo.com malicious files and registry from computer
PUP.XXX including PUP.Trovigo.com refers to malicious files and registry of potentially unwanted programs like Trovigo.com redirect virus remaining in your PC which can’t removed from control panel. You need to remove them. In addition, as Trovigo.com browser hijacker might mislead you to malicious websites containing virus infections, you need use antivirus software to scan and remove all of virus infections.
Besides, The antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender will give you a 24 hours web guard trying best to detect any malicious websites opened and popped up on your PC.
Anvi Smart Defender warns you that you are opening the malicious websites, for exampleSearch.conduit.com that contains unsafe and malicious code.
Step 3 Remove Trovigo.com Redirect from Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
Here we offer you 2 option to remove Trovigo.com redirect from your browser.
Option 1 Manually remove Trovigo.com redirect from your browsers
When Startup pages pops up, remove malicious url by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change the malicious domain into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, and click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engine by clicking X behind it; make Google your default search engine and click Done.
2. Click the down arrow next to the search engine icon and select Manage Search Engines…, select the malicious web search and other unknown search engines and click Remove.
3. Go back to Firefox, click Add-ons to remove Trovigo.com extension.
4. Open a new blank tab in your Firefox, and type about:config in the address bar to open a window as shown in below picture. And then Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
Then, on the appeared window, type Trovigo.com in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
Then switch to Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on the malicious one, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to The gear icon ( IE 9 and 10 ) or Tools ( IE 8 )> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
Option 2 Remove Trovigo.com redirect via Anvi Slim Toolbar
Because some of users feel it’s a little bit complicated to manually remove Trovigo.com homepage from browsers one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to remove browser add-ons and repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select unknown extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
Note: it is normal there isn’t any extension on your browser.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Step 4 Remove junk files of Trovigo.com browser hijacker and optimize your PC
The residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries of Trovigo.com browser hijacker and other viruses, which are not malicious but slow down your PC speed must be clean up. Because the excess leftovers will crash down your running program easily and do harmful to your PC. Here the system maintenance and optimization tool Cloud System Booster is recommended.
Download link of Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Note: Because some users had thier computers been infected with Trovigo.com browser hijacker via malicious websites. In order to reduce the chance that the adware gets onto PC again when you visit malicious sites in your browsing history by accident, please follow us to clean up you browser cookies.
Back to Could System Booster Homepage→click Disk Cleaner→scroll over and opt for Internet Explorer Cookies, Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies→Click Start Clean to remove them.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
Give your disk a depth cleanup
After computer working for a long time, your disk drives will carry a heavy load. What’s more, due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.