It is not normal there are Web Save coupons popping up each time you log on to shopping websites. You may easily ignore these small details. But you can’t neglect the truth that your PC has already been infected with adware and potentially unwanted extension when these pop-ups appear. Here comes a removal guide for you. Any question please contact us with your comment below.
What is Web Save
Web Save is an ad supported browser extension which installs on your PC bundled with the third party program (usually free installers downloaded from the internet) without permission and knowledge.
Nominally, it promises to offer you coupons and deals and help you save money and time when shopping online. However, it actually a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware collecting sales leads for other websites.
Web Save coupons pop up on your shopping website automatically. They display various available discount vouchers which seem attractive. Web Save will successfully finish a deal with its partner and can generate corresponding traffic and get a return from its partner if you are misled to click one of such discount deals and hence come to the third party website.
To sum up, Web Save is regarded as a tool for making money for cyber criminals by delivering ads to collect sales leads for its partner.
What’s Danger Web Save Causes
Let’s take a closer look at these malicious traits.
▪ Web Save PUP will add its registry and related files Web Save as well as its extension to your system so that it can automatically runs in the background as soon as you log in.
▪ Web Save extension will definitely access all of your websites, tabs and online activity for saving your browsing habits, data and search queries. By Knowing these, it is enable to inject coupons based on your preference and get more revenue. But your privacy information remained in browsing cookies is in a unsafe state that it may be leaked to cyber criminals for unethical use.
▪ Web Save is suspected of leading you to malicious websites full of virus infections.
▪ Of course, the excessive Web Save coupons will make you spend more time loading a webpage.
Below is the removal instruction, please follow it in the correct order. And more prevention tips, please read “How to Be Safe Online” for avoiding Web Save coupons in future.
How to Remove Web Save Coupons?
Five steps for removal of Web Save Coupons
- ❶ Uninstall Web Save and other PUP from computer
- ❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.WebSave) and other virus infection hidden in your PC
- ❸ Eliminate Web Save browser extension from all of browsers
- ❹ Clean up leftovers of Web Save and optimize your PC
- ❺ Deep cleanup for you disk(Optional)
❶ Uninstall Web Save and other PUP from computer
Because Web Save installs on PC along with other PUP, so please locate Web Save Coupon Widget and other PUP such as Jump Flip, Snap do, Connect Toolbar, Mobogenie, etc and any other unknown and suspicious program from control panel to ensure your PC is free from any negative program.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Web Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Web Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Web Save, and any dubious program, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Alternative uninstall method
(use free tool Anvi Uninstaller offered by system optimizer Cloud System Booster)
Install and start Could System Booster(link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html)→Click on “ToolBox” right under the homepage→download and run Anvi Uninstaller→select Web Save and remove any suspicious programs(skip the first step “Creat System Restore Point“).
You can directly clean up leftovers caused by Web Save and these dubious PUP after uninstall them if you use the Pro Version.
❷ Remove PUP.XXX(PUP.WebSave) and other virus infections hidden in your PC
PUP.XXX including PUP.WebSave refers to malicious files of potentially unwanted programs like WebSave remaining in your PC which can’t be removed from control panel. As WebSave coupons is suspicious of misleading you to malicious websites contain virus infections, you need use antivirus software to scan and remove all of virus infections.
❸ Eliminate Web Save browser extension from all of browsers
Because Web Save extension will not be get rid of along with the removal of this unwanted program and other viruses, you must remove them to get rid of coupons from Web Save and keep the security of your personal information.
Note: It is normal that Web Save has been removed before you try to get rid of them from your browser.
Slim Toolbar (a pro tool contained in PC optimizing software Cloud System Booster that we recommend for you to clean up junk files and optimize computer in step 4) specializes in detecting and removing malicious and negative toolbar, add-on, extension, plugin and browser help object in major browsers.
Removal process demonstration:
1. Purchase the Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php and install it according its navigation.
Run it→click the arrow at the lower right corner→click Slim Toolbar
Remove Web Save add-on from your browser like what the picture shows below.
It is also available for you to use another independent and free version of Slim ToolBar to remove Web Save plug-ins automatically.
The trial version is free for 15 days: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
For long-time usage, please click here purchase the browser extension management software:http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
Start it and click Manager. Then select Web Save add-on on all browsers and remove.
–Or you can choose to manually remove Web Save plug-in from your browser
Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Web Save and then click on Disable.
Switch to the Extensions Tab. Click Remove to get rid of Web Save.
Locate Web Save and then remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
❹ Clean up leftovers of Web Save and optimize your PC
The residual junk files, error and invalid registry entries of Web Save and other viruses, which are not malicious but slow down your PC speed must be clean up. Because the excess leftovers will crash down your running program easily and do harmful to your PC. Here the system maintenance and optimization tool Cloud System Booster is recommended.
Download link of Cloud System Booster: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Note: Because some users had their computers been infected with Web Save via malicious websites. In order to reduce the chance that the adware gets onto PC again when you visit malicious sites in your browsing history by accident, please follow us to clean up you browser cookies.
Back to Could System Booster Homepage→click Disk Cleaner→scroll over and opt for Internet Explorer Cookies, Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies→Click Start Clean to remove them.
Except this system cleaning, please clean up junk files and other system junk regularly to keep your PC in a healthy state.
❺ Deep cleanup for you disk
After a longtime of use, your disk must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
Tips for Being Safe Online
To ensure be safe online in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking.
To avoid the harassment of various pop-ups, ads, malicious and/or hijacked websites as well as phishing websites, you have to install a legitimate software for 24-hours protection. Here we recommended you a free blocker Anvi AD Blocker to keep you surf safe online.
Download link http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html.
Because this free version is only vaild for 15 days, if you want to get a long-time online protection, you have to purchase its pro version in this link http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
After install the software according to instructrons, please start it and click “ON” button to keep it running. Then close it to allow it works in the background to give you a real-time protection.
for detailed instruction, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker
Besides, if you decide to block a website forever and allow Anvi AD Blocker to block it automatically for you without a notification, please do this according what the picture shows to achieve it.
As Anvi AD Blocker is a free small tool offered by Anvi Smart Defender, so it is avalible for you to install it by downloading Anvi Smart Defender in the step 2 for removing viruses hiding in your PC.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.