The homepage of your installed internet browser has been hijacked to websearch.mocaflix.com and you are constantly redirected to http://search.genieo.com when you are searching the web? Want to get your browser work correctly again? Then read on this post and follow the guide to get rid of this redirect virus.
What Is Websearch.mocaflix.com?
Similar to Websearch.searchboxes.info and Websearch.searchesplace.info, Websearch.mocaflix.com is a browser hijacker that changes the homepage of your installed internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) and the default search engine to websearch.mocaflix.com without your knowledge and consent.
Websearch.mocaflix.com is an ad supported search engine in itself, so it displays various advertisements every time you land on this site. And if you search with it, you will be lead to search.genieo.com and you will be presented with advertisements and sponsored links in the search results. It may collect the search terms in your search queries and record your browsing habit to feed you more precise advertisements.
As you may notice, websearch.mocaflix.com redirecting occurred after you have installed freeware such as download-manager and video conversion program. The installer of such programs often contains the optional choice, like setting websearch.mocaflix.com as your homepage. Always keep an eye during the installations and do not blindly go about click “Next”.
How to Remove Websearch.mocaflix.com Redirect from IE/FF/Chrome?
As mentioned above, Websearch.mocaflix.com redirect often occurs after other free software installed, so you need uninstall any suspicious third-party applications first. And then you need to check and restore the settings of your installed web browser.
Step 1 Uninstall Websearch.mocaflix.com related malicious programs
Option 1 > Uninstall automatically with Anvi Uninstaller
Anvi Uninstaller is a tool integrated in Cloud System Booster which is a system cleaner and optimizer. Anvi Uninstaller will scan and delete leftovers after uninstall a program.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2.To uninstall Savepath Deals and related malicious program:
Launch Cloud System Booster → switch to Expert mode → select Toolbox → download and Run Anvi Uninstaller → locate malicious application → hit Uninstall to remove
Please kindly note that downloading Anvi Uninstaller won’t take you much time.
Please note that the Prefect Scan function is only available for Cloud System Booster Pro version users. You can use this function by getting a trail license or upgrade to pro version.
Cloud System Booster purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
3. To clean residual files:
Switch to Home tab → click Boost button → click Clean button after scan finished
Option 2 > Uninstall manually through Control Panel
For Windows 8 Users:
Move the mouse pointer to the right side corner → select Search → search for “control panel” to get Control Panel→ click on Uninstall a Program → locate any suspicious application → click on Uninstall button
Or, move the mouse pointer to bottom left corner → right click on the bottom left hot cornet → select Control Panel from the list → click on Uninstall a Program →locate any suspicious application → hit Uninstall button
For Windows 7/Vista Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Uninstall a Program / Programs and Features → locate any suspicious application → Click on Uninstall button
For Windows XP Users:
Click on Start button → Select Control Panel → Click on Add/Remove Programs → locate any suspicious application → Click on Remove button
Please note after uninstall malicious programs, there will be many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Booster.
Step 2 Repair the residual damages to your browser
• Repair your installed browser with Anvi Slim Toolbar
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a tool developed to manage extensions and toolbars on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). With Anvi Slim Toolbar you can modify the homepage and default search engine of your installed web browser easily.
1. Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar by clicking the link below.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
2. Delete unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons:
Launch Anvi Slim Toolbar → Switch to Manage tab → Chech or tick unwanted and suspicious extension and add-ons → hit Remove button
3. Empty trash bin:
The removed toolbars and extensions are placed in the trash bin in case you want them back, so you need to empty the trash bin regularly.
Click on the trash bin icon, then you can restore or remove toolbars and extensions there.
4. Modify browser settings:
Go to Browser Repair tab → chose the browser you are going to repair → set the homepage to your preferred website → select a desired search engine → click on the Repair button
• Repair your installed browser manually
For Internet Explorer Users:
1. To change homepage: click on the gear icon or Tools at the top right corner → select Internet options → hit General tab in the menu → replace http://websearch.mocaflix.com/ with a preferred domain like http://www.google.com/ or choose Use default
2. To remove extension: click on the gear icon or Tools → select Manage Add-ons → go to Toolbars and Extensions tab → right click on mocaflixtoolbar, smart address bar, etc → choose Disable in the drop-down menu → close the window and click on OK button
3. To reset search provider: Switch to Search Providers tab → right click a desired search provider → select Set as default → right click Search the web (Mocaflixsearch) → select Remove → click Apply and OK to complete the setting
Alternative Solution: Reset IE to its default state
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
2. To reset default search engine: Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar → choose Manage Search Engines → locate Search the web or any other suspicious search engine → hit Remove and OK → click the inverted triangle again → select a preferred search provider as default search engine from the menu
Switch to Plugins tab → locate malicious plugins → Click on Disable button
Alternative Solution: Reset Firefox to its default state
For Google Chrome Users:
Click on Customize icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) →select Settings
1. To reset startup page: hit Set pages → remove http://websearch.mocaflix.com/ by clicking the X at the end of the bar
2. To change homepage: hit Change →change homepage to google.com or any other webs you desire
3. To reset default search engine: click on Manage search engine → set a desired search engine as your default search engine → remove Websearch.mocaflix.com from the list by clicking the recycle bin
4. To remove extension: click Extensions above Settings → locate any unwanted or suspicious extensions → click the Recycling Bin to remove it
Alternative Solution: Reset Chrome to its default state
Now, Websearch.mocaflix.com redirect virus should have been removed completely from your computer. If you have encountered any problem in removing this virus, please feel free to contact us.
Recommended—Optimize your computer disk with Anvi Ultimate Defrag
You are experiencing a incredibly slow and computer and browser performance even if you clean up your computer system regularly? Maybe you should consider if the poor performance is caused by disk fragmentation. Files get split up into fragments as you use computer and this theoretically slows down your computer. Thus to optimize the disk performance, you need a disk defragment program, such as Anvi Ultimate Defrag, to make the fragments as contiguous as possible.
Download Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Purchase Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking this link: http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
Double click audsetup.exe file to install Anvi Ultimate Defrag
Launch Anvi Ultimate Defrag and check the disks and operations you want, then click on Start
This will take a long period of time, so you could tick “Shut down Windows after complete”.