This article contains step by step instructions on how to get rid of WeDownload Manager Toolbar. Please read on.
What is WeDownload Manager
WeDownload Manager is technically not a virus but a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that takes at the format of extension to hijack users’ browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox as well as Google Chrome.
Bundled with freeware ((video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators), WeDownload Manager goes to your PC without your knowledge. And then, it will install WeDownload Manager Toolbar onto your PC; meanwhile, all of your browsers will be added extension—WeDownload Manager to change your internet experience. As a result, some of words and phrase in the webpage you visit will be highlighted with two underscore. When you drive the mouse to one of them, a box will pop up and offer you the related software installers.
Below is a popup comes from WeDownload Manager
When you click it, numerous relevant software installers are displayed.
WeDownload Manager PUP is designed to mislead users to download and install those supposed free and useful programs so as to reach the purpose of monetizing their incoming web traffic. Thus please be attentive when download freeware from the internet. If you do need to download them, remember to always opt for the Custom Installation instead of Recommended one and select Skip or Decline to refuse any of installation of malware.
How to Remove WeDownload Manager
Step 1: Uninstall WeDownload Manager and optimize your PC via Cloud System Booster
Please note, WeDownload Manager is installed on your PC alongside different free software you download from the internet. So you are suggested to uninstall this free software. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of its popups appearing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select WeDownload Manager, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing WeDownload Manager. Picture is displayed below, you can decide how to remove the virus depending on your own need.
6. After you remove the WeDownload Manager, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close. For this PUP, there is no leftovers remained in your system, so please click Close to finish the operation.
7. The WeDownload Manager extension in all of your browsers will also be removed alongside the removing of WeDownload Manager. Although, WeDownload Manager has been removed completely, there are some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling WeDownload Manager. Thus, please go back to Home, and click on Boost to scan junk files and invalid registry entries left in your computer.
8. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean and to save your disk space as well as to increase running speed of your computer.
Please always use the tool like Cloud System Booster to clean up the leftovers in the computer to get a clean and optimized PC environment.
Step 2: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Though you remove WeDownload Manager Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.