If a “antivirus software”–Windows Efficiency Console runs automatically in your PC and requires you to purchase its full version to remove the viruses it detects, don’t believe, it is just a scam for money. Here, we offer you the removal guide below to get rid of the rogueware once and for all.
Windows Efficiency Console Virus
Windows Efficiency Console is fake antivirus software masquerading as legitimated one to work. The virus is defined as rogueware that is created to trick people into purchasing its full version against supposed virus and threats in your PC, which exhibits pretty malicious traits and is identical to Antivirus Security Pro, Smart Guard Protection and Windows Active HotSpot, etc.
Screenshot of Windows Efficiency Console virus
How Dose Rogueware Windows Efficiency Console Work?
Once infected with Windows Efficiency Console virus, your PC will automatically restart and the following picture will pop up when you successfully login to your computer system.
The pop-up picture means that Windows Efficiency Console virus is configuring your system, adding itself to your start menu, and install its registry and files into your computer.
After that, Windows Efficiency Console virus automatically scans as legitimated antivirus application and then displays a result which reads your PC is full of various viruses and threats; you can’t remove them and get an ultimate protection if you do not buy the full version of this rogueware. It’s totally a scam designed by cyber criminals to steal money from the unsuspecting victims. All of viruses and threats are false. Actually, Windows Efficiency Console rogueware has not a virus definition database and a virus scan engine at all. The rogueware uses a ridiculous reason to frighten users and force them to buy the activation code to get rid of those non-existed viruses.
Windows Efficiency Console virus is masquerading legal antivirus programs to give your system a fake scan and display a unreal result:
Dangers of Windows Efficiency Console Virus
As a malicious virus, fake antivirus software Windows Efficiency Console will has bad influences on your PC and may cause the loss of your property.
❶ Stop the antivirus programs and Windows operating applications like Windows Task Manager from starting. Whenever you attempt to run them, there will pop up window claiming that the program is suspected to have infected your PC.
❷ Make you can’t go to internet. The same happen to your browsers: a fake popup of Windows Efficiency Console virus appears instead of the homepage of your browser when open the browser.
❸ Trick you into buying the full version of this rogueware to remove those unreal threats created by it. It is just a scam.
❹ Steal your personal information when you pay the money to purchase the fake antivirus software. You may become the victim of credit card identity fraud or theft. ( if you have pay the fine to the cyber criminals, please contact your credit card company and cancel this deal )
Never believe these fake scan results and even buy this rogueware. Once such bogus alert pops up, you should remove Windows Efficiency Console virus immediately.
How Dose the Virus Install on Your PC?
Up to now the deliver means of Windows Efficiency Console virus infection via malicious and compromised websites, dubious email attachments and links, free downloads and fake updates, as well as share files. So please read “How to Be Safe Online” for your reference.
How to Remove Windows Efficiency Console Virus
Effective methods for the removal of Windows Efficiency Console virus
- Step 1 Stop Windows Efficiency Console virus from running
- step 2 Remove Windows Efficiency Console virus using Anvi Smart Defender antivirus software
- Step 3 Clean up Windows Efficiency Console’ leftovers from computer
- Keep your disk drivers clean
Step 1 Stop Windows Efficiency Console virus from running
Stopping the rogueware Windows Efficiency Console from running can allow you connect the internet and use other antivirus software to remove the virus, which make the whole removing easier. But this step cannot remove the rogueware.
For Windows XP and 7: Please restart your PC and then repeatedly press F8 when the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to highlight the option “Safe Mode with Networking”, and then press ENTER.
For Windows 8: use your mouse to point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, click Power and select Restart.
When Choose an option window appear, use arrow key to select Troubleshoot and then press Enter. Use the same method to choose Advanced options, Startup Settings, and Restart successively.
Press 5 on your keyboard to get into Safe Mode with Networking
Step 2 Remove Windows Efficiency Console virus using Anvi Smart Defender antivirus software
Anvi Smart Defender specializes in detect and remove various malware, virus and PUPs, which always keep the virus database up-to-date. Every time when there are viruses, PUPs or suspicious programs are going to installing on your PC, it will remind you in the format of security popups.
1. Download and install antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender.
2: Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate Windows Efficiency Console viurs and any malware, viruses and PUPs.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove any of Windows Efficiency Console virus and any malware, viruses and PUPs from your computer.
Step 3 Clean up Windows Efficiency Console virus’ leftovers from computer
To ensure the completely removal of Windows Efficiency Console rogueware, we need to clean up all of its leftovers including its residual error and invalid registry entries as well as junk files.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Keep your disk drivers clean
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
How to Be Safe Online
( to avoid being infected with virus again in the future)
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of virus kinds.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
For any questions, please leave your message below.