A clone of the lackluster rogue software Windows Efficiency Console repackaged with the new name Windows Premium Shield has infected user’s computer recently. Victims can’t do anything cause many of their useful applications are disabled. So what can we do when meet such a malicious and stubbon virus? The answer is shown in this article.
What is Windows Premium Shield
Windows Premium Shield is an fake antivirus program imitating legitimated ones. Because it uses scare tactic that your computer has numerous non-existing and fearsome virus infections to trick people into purchasing its software, experts categorize it as rogueware and found it comes from FakeVimes family of rogueware including Windows Active HotSpot and Windows Efficiency Console.
Look at the image shown below. Any of computers once is infected with Windows Premium Shield virus; the screen will pop up this window automatically.
Windows Premium Sheid virus masquerades as normal antivirus program scanning your system. And then display you a bogus result which notes you that your PC is at a high risk with various Trojan, Rootkits and other malware and virus infection. It prompts you to remove them and protect your PC. When you do so you’ll be led to purchase the activation code of this rogueware for getting rid of these supposedly fake infected files, viruses and other threats.
Below demonstrates you this series of pictures. And you can clearly know how the virus works.
To buy this fake antivirus software, it requires you to fill out your credit card information and some of your personal information. Don’t fall for it. It is just a scam blatantly frauding your money. Under no condition you should pay for such a false thing. If you already have, you’d better contact your Credit Card Company and dispute the charges stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
After you know the true face of Windows Premium Shield virus, let’s take a closer look at its dangers.
❶ Install malicious files and registry into your PC and then the rogueware will be configured to automatically start when you login to Windows.
❷ Stop the antivirus programs and Windows operating applications like Windows Task Manager from starting. Whenever you attempt to run them, there will pop up window claiming that the program is suspected to have infected your PC.
❸ Make you can’t go to internet. The same happen to your browsers: a fake popup security warning from Windows Premium Shield virus appears instead of the homepage of your browser when open the browser. And your computer system will prompt you that your program has already been disabled or removed.
Blocking your computer applications and interrupting your network is to avoid the virus itself being removed.
❹ Trick you into buying the full version of this rogueware to remove those unreal threats created by it. It is just a scam.
❺ Steal your personal information when you pay the money to purchase the fake antivirus software. You may become the victim of credit card identity fraud or theft.
Besides we find that Windows Premium Shield will pop up some irrelevant security alerts such as Torrent link, Identity theft like below:
Never believe these fake scan results and even buy this rogueware. Once such bogus alert pops up, you should remove Windows Premium Shield virus immediately.
How Dose the Virus Install on Your PC?
Up to now the deliver means of Windows Premium Shield virus infection via malicious and compromised websites, dubious email attachments and links, free downloads and fake updates, drive-by downloads as well as share files. So please read “How to Be Safe Online” for your reference.
How to Remove Windows Premium Shield Virus
Effective methods for the removal of Windows Premium Shield virus
- Step 1 Stop Windows Premium Shield virus from running
- step 2 Remove Windows Premium Shield virus using Anvi Smart Defender antivirus software
- Step 3 Clean up Windows Premium Shield’ leftovers from computer
- Keep your disk drivers clean
Step 1 Stop Windows Premium Shield virus from running
Stopping the rogueware Windows Premium Shield from running can allow you connect the internet and use other antivirus software to remove the virus, which make the whole removing easier. But this step cannot remove the rogueware. Here you need to get your PC into Safe Mode with Networking to disable this malicious virus.
For Windows XP and 7: Please restart your PC and then repeatedly press F8 when the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to highlight the option “Safe Mode with Networking”, and then press ENTER.
For Windows 8: use your mouse to point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, click Power and select Restart.
When Choose an option window appear, use arrow key to select Troubleshoot and then press Enter. Use the same method to choose Advanced options, Startup Settings, and Restart successively.
Press 5 on your keyboard to get into Safe Mode with Networking
Step 2 Remove Windows Premium Shield virus using Anvi Smart Defender antivirus software
Anvi Smart Defender specializes in detect and remove various malware, virus and PUPs, which always keep the virus database up-to-date. Every time when there are viruses, PUPs or suspicious programs are going to installing on your PC, it will remind you in the format of security popups.
1. Download and install antivirus software Anvi Smart Defender.
2: Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate Windows Premium Shield viurs and any malware, viruses and PUPs.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove any of Windows Premium Shield virus and any malware, viruses and PUPs from your computer.
Step 3 Clean up Windows Premium Shield virus’ leftovers from computer
To ensure the completely removal of Windows Premium Shield rogueware, we need to clean up all of its leftovers including its residual error and invalid registry entries as well as junk files.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on Quick Clear button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clear button there to remove these junk files, invalid registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Keep your disk drivers clean
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
How to Be Safe Online
( to avoid being infected with virus again in the future)
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of virus kinds.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
For any questions, please leave your message below.