Get stuck with Windows Prime Shield? Worried about the security of your computer? In this article, we will guide you to remove this notorious virus with step-by-step instructions.
What Is Windows Prime Shield?
Similar to Windows Accelerator Pro, Windows Virtual Protector and Windows Prime Shield, Windows Prime Shield is fake anti-spyware program belonging to Rogue.FakeVimes family of computer infections. The main purpose of Windows Prime Shield is to deceive or mislead computer users into paying for its full version to get ultimate protection.
Once get into your computer, Windows Prime Shield will take over your desktop while installing itself. That is to say there is nothing but Windows Accelerator on your desktop. Once the installation is completed, Windows Prime Shield runs a system scan automatically and presents various non-existent infections to scare you into thinking that your computer is seriously infected and you need to buy its full version to remove those threats.
As part of its self-defense mechanism, Windows Prime Shield blocks you from executing any legitimated application on your computer and disables the Windows system utilities, such as Task Manager and Registry Editor. When you try to run any program or start Windows system utilities, it will pop up fake warnings or error message that says this program is suspected to have infected your PC.
Windows Prime Shield is a very persistent rogue anti-spyware program, because it can not only start up along with the Windows system, but also infect the Safe Mode with Networking. However, you can follow the guide below to remove Windows Virtual. Should you have any problem, please leave a reply at the end of this article.
How to Remove Windows Prime Shield? (Removal Guide)
As mentioned above, Windows Prime Shield runs even in the Safe Mode with Networking, so you need to download removal tools onto a CD or USB using a non-infected computer.
Step 1 > Download Anvi Smart Defender and copy it onto a CD or USB
In the removal process, Anvi Smart Defender plays a key role. Anvi Smart Defender is an Antimalware program that can detect and remove the core files of Windows Prime Shield.
Anvi Smart Defender free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Anvi Smart Defender purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
Step 2 > Start the infected computer into the Safe Mode with Command Prompt
As mentioned in the description, Windows Prime Shield will take over the desktop of your computer, so you have to close Windows Prime Shield to gain access to your desktop.
When you try to close the program by clicking on the X, it will pop up an Error notification.
Do as it prompt: go to settings and check the Allow Unprotected Startup option.
Now you can close Windows Prime Shield, but it is still running in the background. However, now you can gain access to your desktop.
Boot your computer to the Safe Mode with Command Prompt
For Windows XP/Vista/7 users:
Restart your infected computer and tap F8 key repeatedly till you are brought to the Windows Advanced Options Menu. Then use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
For Windows 8 users:
Search for “advanced startup” at the Start Screen and click on Settings
Scroll down, you will find Advanced startup. Now you click on Restart now.
Chose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings > Restart accordingly in the opening window.
Press number key 6 to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt and log in with the infected account.
If you fail to boot the infected computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, or you have Windows 8 operating system run on your PC, you may go to How to Boot Windows into Safe Mode for tutorials.
Once the Command Prompt window comes out, type “explorer” and hit Enter. Now you can close the Command Prompt window and the windows desktop will show up.
Step 3 > Remove the core files of Windows Prime Shield with Anvi Smart Defender
1. Insert your CD or USB to the infected computer and locate the setup file for Anvi Smart Defender, then double click on it to install Anvi Smart Defender.
2. Launch Anvi Smart Defender and perform a quick scan, then remove the detected threats.
3. Restart your computer to the normal mode and run a full scan with Anvi Smart Defender to make sure that all the malicious files are removed.
Recommended > Clean up and speed up your computer with Cloud System Shield
Please note that after uninstall malicious programs, there will be many residual files – like invalid registry entries still on your computer. These junk files occupy disk space of your computer and may degrade your computer performance over time. It is complicated to delete them manually, so you may need the help of a system cleaner or system optimizer. We recommend you Cloud System Shield.
1. Download and install Cloud System Shield.
Cloud System Shield free download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Launch Cloud System Shield and click on Quick Care button to scan and clear residual files.
3. Click on Clear button when scan finished.
How Did Windows Prime Shield Infect Your Computer?
Roguewares like Windows Prime Shield are usually placed on malicious websites or compromised legitimate websites in the form of drive-by download. It exploits the vulnerabilities in the Windows operating system or the applications on your computer to get itself installed.
Cyber Criminals also like to spread computer virus though infected attachments or embedded links containing in the spam emails. All too often, those emails are sent to you under the name of shipping companies or logistics companies which hardly fail to catch your eyes.
Sometimes, those rogueware are disguised as useful software or necessary Updates. You should be careful about the shared files on peer-to-peer file sharing websites, too.
Tips for Preventing Being Infected by This Kind of Rogueware:
1. Keep the Windows operating system and all the software on your computer up-to-date, and patch the system vulnerabilities timely when prompted.
2. Protect your computer with up-to-date security software. Working along with your installed antivirus solution, antimalware program, Anvi Smart Defender, can provide an additional layer of protection to your computer. The Full Guard function puts your computer under real-time protection and keeps you away from malware and malicious websites.
Anvi Smart Defender free version download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Anvi Smart Defender purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
3. Be careful when surfing the Internet and keep an eye on the links and pop-ups before you click on them. You are strongly recommended to turn on the security feature of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Or, you may make use of Anvi Ad Blocker to create a clean online environment. It is available for free if you are an Anvi Smart Defender pro version user.
Anvi Ad Blocker trial download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html (Expires in 15 days)
Anvi Ad Blocker purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/adbupgrade.php
4. Don’t click on links or open attachments from untrusted sources.