Don’t know what’s going on and the computer screen is locked by the notification “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” suddenly? You can’t do anything with it, let alone accessing windows operating system? If these happens, unfortunately, the newly popular “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus has had infected your PC. Don’t worry, this article contains step by step instructions on how to remove “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus. Read on.
Table of content:
Ⅰ About “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
Ⅱ How Dose the Virus Work
Ⅲ Potential Dangers of “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
Ⅳ Similar Ransomware
Ⅴ How to Remove “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
Ⅵ Tips for Stopping the Infringement of Ransomware
About “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
Do you know what is “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus? This infection is categorized as ransomware, whilst it is the variant of Police ransomware that uses Revoyem Trojan to infect computers. At present, it is mainly target users in Great Britain. But we cannot guarantee that it does not spread to other regions.
How the Dose the Virus Work
“Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus goes to computers with the help of Revoyem Trojan. Actually, it is Revoyem Trojan that is attacking your PC. But what you see is “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus blocking your desktop. Typically, you are infiltrate by this ransomware infection via dangerous websites, malicious downloads, or malevolent spam email attachments.
Once the “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus invades your computer, your PC desktop will be locked by a fake notification that claims you are suspected of violating the related law, such as viewing banned web sites, viewing web sites containing child pornography and so on. To make it is more authentic and increase the number of believers, it uses the name of legal authority Police Central e-crime Unit (PCEU) and Specialist Crime Directorate to cause the illusion that this unreal notification is sent by these two departments. Besides, it will customize the fake notification as your location, including language and background. What’s worse, it will display a fake webcam to frighten you that it has already recorded all your behavior in the room. All these tricks serve for money. This virus’ final purpose is to steal money from innocent victims. So it will ask you a fine of £100 and require you to pay it via Ukash/PaySafecard vouchers. If you choose no, this virus will threaten you again that you will be sued and the PC will remain locked.
Screenshots of “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus
It is totally a scam created by cyber criminals. There is no a penalty and Police Central e-crime Unit (PCEU) and Specialist Crime Directorate will never ask you a fine through the way of blocking your computer screen. No matter webcam or IP dress it displays, it is just a trick to make more of victims to pay such a non-existing fine. So ignore all of its alerts, what you should do is to get rid of it immediately.
Potential Dangers of “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
As for the specific threats after getting “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus, most of you may only notice that its fake alert spans the entire screen. However, there are potential risks existing in your computer that you cannot see.
To avoid being removed, “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU ransomware infection may remove your restore points and led to your failure to get rid of it using system restore. Meanwhile, this virus make you can’t go to PC in the Safe Mode with Networking.
What’s more, it may use Trojan horse to get a remote control of the computer, which may arouse some terrible results, to evade being detected by antivirus software.
The similar ransomware removal guides are offered below, if your PC is infected by one of the following virus, please click on it to see the specific removal steps.
Cheshire Police Authority Virus, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance virus, Politie Office Central Ukash Virus, Spamhaus MoneyPak Virus, Joint Chiefs of Staff MoneyPak Virus, MoneyGram Virus, FBI “Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt und alle Daten verschlüsselt wurden!” Virus, Europol Interpol Paysafecard Virus, FBI “Uw computer is vergrendeld en alle gegevens zijn versleuteld!” Virus, CCIPS Moneypak Ransomware, Decrypt Protect-MBL Block Off Virus, United States Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus, CashU Virus, FBI Moneypak virus,FBI CyberCrime Division virus, Your Computer Has Been Blocked virus, ICE Cyber Crime Center Moneypak virus, United States Courts virus, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section CCIPS virus, Ministry of Public Safety Canada ransomware,Internet Police Department virus, FBI Department of Defense ransomware, New Zealand E-crime Lab virus, etc.
Before removing “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU virus, you can attempt to take the following operation to help you remove this ransomware easier.
Deny Flash(optional )
Some variants of ransomware exploit Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. The symptoms of the infection may be suspended by denying flash. Then you can navigate through the infected system. If step is not necessary for the removal, then skip to the next step.
To deny/disable flash:
Visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html → select the Deny radio option
How to Remove “Your Internet Service Provider is blocked” PCeU Virus
Method for case 1: Remove the ransomware by restoring your system
Step 1> Restore computer in safe mode with command prompt
1. Restart your computer.
2. Repeatedly press F8 upon the opening of the boot menu to enter Windows in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”.
Note: In some cases during infections of malware and viruses you only have 2-3 seconds to do this. In other cases if it doesn’t work during the given seconds, viruses such as the FBI MoneyPak ransomware virus will not allow you to type “explorer” anymore.
4. Once Windows Explorer shows up browse Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe or Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe, then press Enter.
5. When such a window appears, click next.
6. Choose a restore point from the list, then click next.
7. At last click finish to complete the restore.
8. Restart your PC to normal mode.
Step 2> Remove malicious files from your PC through Anvi Smart Defender
1. Install Anvi Smart Defender
Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender
Anti-malware software from the links below:
2. Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate malware infections and any possible unwanted program.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender
will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3>Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer via Cloud System Booster
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries, other related potentially unwanted programs in your computer system. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and to save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, invaild registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Method for case 2: If you can’t restart your PC, remove the virus using Anvi Rescue Disk
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk iso for your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender
antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and rescued from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistent, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender
by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer system, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
If you are still feel difficult to use Anvi Resue Disk, please read How to Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk
Tips for Stopping the Infringement of Ransomware
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
Good luck and be safe online. If any question, feel free to contact us for timely help by sending us your email below.