Ads by video player appear on your computer to be annoying? You uninstall your video player but such ads still show up? This article details on how to completely get rid of Ads by video player, a browser add-on actually, with a detailed removal guide.
What is Ads by video player?
If the scenario that ads by video player in forms of pop up or ads banners flood your web browsing pages also comes to be your case, then you get some adware installed as browser add-on within your web browser to display these ads.
Once installed, ads by video player shows in form of pop up when your mouse hover over some underlined words on the webpage. Also sometimes, ads by video can show as ads banners to promote downloads or redirect to other commercial places. And this is functioned by an browser extension shown as video player attached to web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, instead of some real video players installed on your PC.
The image of ads by video player.
Please note, ads by video player is not from any real video player that you have on your computer.
Typically, the ads by video player come as a result of installing some free downloads, such as browser hijacker, toolbars, software informer, download manager, etc, from the Internet.
As such, ads by video player is generated by an adware named video player, actually not a real video player, installed as both program and browser add-ons to promote downloads or traffics to commercial sites. The security is not secure.
Risks of Having Ads by Video Player Adware
1. Floods of ads will degrades web browser using.
2. It slows down web browsing speed or even causes a sluggish system.
3. It may redirect you to unsafe places, facing the chances of getting infected.
4. Various downloads it promoted are actually unwanted. They would jam your system or harm your system if you recklessly download some.
5. This video player browser add-on can access to all your browser data.
Avoid ads by video player at all cost. —Tips to Prevent Adware/Malware
If you unfortunately encounter it show up on your computer, remove ads by video player upon sight with below removal guide.
How to Remove “ads by video player” Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)
Step 1. Uninstall “Video Player” and related programs from computer
This adware installs its program to computer. To completely remove ads by video player and potential risks related, the first step is to uninstall it from the computer. Follow below steps to uninstall Bubble Dock from your computer.
To conveniently help you figure out related programs, here we recommend you Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster to do the job:
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this adware.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
If you prefer manual uninstall, follow below steps:
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click video player and other dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate video player and dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
Step 2. Remove “video player” browser add-on from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Ads by video player adware works as a browser add-on within IE, Firefox or Chrome. To get rid of this video player add-on from web browser, you can use Toolbar Manager featured in Cloud System Booster as mentioned above as well. To do this, you can
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Please note, this Toolbar Manager featured is only for Cloud System Booster pro version. If you want to use this feature, you can get the pro version here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php.
This way is highly recommended for users who have multiple web browsers installed. Otherwise, you can also choose to manually remove Bubble Dock add-ons from IE/Firefox/Chrome. –“video player” browser add-on Manual Removal
2. Start the program and click Toolbox at the bottom of the interface, locate the sidebar in the left to find Toolbar Manager icon as shown in below to open Toolbar Manager
3. Click Scan button to scan out “video Player” add-on and other unwanted browser extensions to remove.
4. Select video player and other unwanted add-ons in IE, Firefox and Chrome Click Remove to delete all.
You can also choose to manually remove Bubble Dock add-on from web browsers respectively.
For Internet Explorer users
Open Google Chrome and click bars icon to navigate to toolbars and extensions, find related or unwanted extensions to locate and click on the Trash can icon to remove it.
Open Internet Explorer, click Settings > Manage add-on > Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find Bubble Dock and other unwanted add-on. Click the item to disable and remove.
Note: Some add-on/plugin in IE can only be removed through control Panel, that is to say, if you uninstall it from the Control Panel, this add-on will automatically disappear in IE.
Step 3. Remove Hidden Risky Components using antimalware
To ensure no risky hidden components of this adware left to harm the system, you need an antivirus or antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender to scan out the core malicious files of this adware. To do this, you can follow below tips:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies and other key leftovers, and maintain system performance
Adware that causes misleading redirects and unwanted downloads may jam your system with burdensome leftovers to degrade your system performance or even harm the system. Thus, it is necessary to do a full cleaning after the adware removal. Again Cloud System Booster could afford this job.
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.