Wondering how to remove delta-search.com from the homepage? Getting confused about what’s wrong with your PC? Read carefully, this article will give you a satisfying answer.
outline of this article:
Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus
——About Babylon Toolbar
Babylon Toolbar belongs to the category of browser hijacker that is bundled with babylon translation software, free downed software or shareware from the internet. For instance, when you download babylon translation software claiming that can offer translation from and to 77 languages, full document translation and other services, babylon toolbar will install on your PC alongside this software without your knowledge. This toolbar is known to redirect your homepage, search provider as well as the new tab of your browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Besides, it will add malicious extensions to your browsers that cannot be discovered easily.
——About Delta Search Redirect Virus
Delta Search Redirected Virus is another browser hijacker that goes to users PC packaged with babylon program. The installation of babylon program will bring you both Babylon Toolbar and Delta Search Redirected virus. During the process of installation, the Delta Search Toolbar will infiltrate your PC if you agree search-delta.com to be your default homepage and search engine. Once it intrude the PC, it will modify your default browser settings–homepage will be redirected to Start.search.us.com; the search engine will become Delta Search; also, its extensions will hijack your browsers.
Screenshot of Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus
——The Real Purpose of These Two Toolbar
Like their “little buddy”Whitesmoke Toolbar , DivX Browser Bar Toolbar , DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC , Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus will collect your browsing habits, personal information for commercial use. Do you discover that there are some ads among your search results? Yes, it is done by this PUP attempting to make you the target of internet sales so as to generate traffic and revenues.
How to Remove Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus
Removal steps outline
- Step 1: Uninstall Babylon Toolbar, Delta Search Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently via Cloud System Booster
- Step 2: Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome (automatically/manually)
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall Babylon Toolbar, Delta Search Redirect Virus and other unknown programs installed recently via Cloud System Booster
Although Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Toolbar can be removed from control panel, there are still leftover items of this PUP remaining your PC system without your Knowledge. Anvi Uninstaller bundled with Cloud System Booster （System Maintenance& Optimizer) is recommended to help you remove this toolbar thoroughly and easily.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select Babylon Toolbar right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove Delta Search Toolbar and other unwanted programs one by one.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations.
Please note: Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version.
6. After removing Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Toolbar, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome(automatically/manually)
Note: Some of browser damages will be repaired after removing Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Toolbar, its normal to find some default settings have been recovered when do part of steps below. But you still have to repair the rest browser damages.
——Repair browser damages via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select extensions related to Babylon toolbar and Delta Search Toolbar and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
Note: Extensions related to Babylon toolbar and Delta Search Toolbar maybe already removed When removing these two toolbar via Cloud System Booster.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
——Manunally repair browser damages
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://search.conduit.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on iPumper Customized Web Search, click on Remove.
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on extensions related to Babylon Toolbar and Delta Search Toolbar and then click on Disable.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
1. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change. Click Open this Page and then put http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer into the blank box.
2. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
3. Go to wrench or 3 bar icon (next to the address bar), click on Tools and then click on Extensions. Locate extensions related to Babylon and Delta Search and then remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search Redirect Virus completely.
Boot Items Management
How to disable the useless files or those you are not going to use temporarily launching along with the boot of Windows OS? How to prevent toolbar and adware that have been removed from coming back and reinstall? How to settle the problem that excessive startup items greatly discounted the efficiency of the computer with severe restriction of the operation?
To solve the issues mentioned above, please use msconfig (a Windows OS management program) to help you to edit and manage the configuration files.
Click Start( left bottom of screen)>input msconfig or msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files bar> find and click it to run.
Come to Service tab, uncheck the object files, click Apply and OK successively to finish the operation. ( the picture is displayed below )
Then please click Restart to apply these changes.
Next, please switch to Startup tab, and do the same operation to disable the object files.
If you have any question, please feel free to send us your email.