Homepage hijacked by best-found.com and always redirected to best-found.com even after repair the homepage? This article describes how to get rid of best-find.com homepage and redirects from your web browser completely.
What is Best-found.com?
Best-found.com is frequently categorized as a browser hijacker because it takes control of the web browser once installed by replacing the homepage with best-found.com, modifying the default search provider to http://www.best-found.com, attaching related browser add-on. The problem with best-found.com still appearing after homepage repair is due to the argument this browser hijacker append to the properties of your web browser as shortcut. This makes is really sticky and annoying.
the image of Best-found.com hijacking page
Similar to sweet-page.com, delta-homes.com, nationzoom.com, awesomeHP.com, etc, this browser hijacker typically comes as a result of installing some adware or PUP which are frequently bundled with some freeware downloaded from the Internet. These freeware can be audio/video player, PDF converter, software informer, download manager, etc.
Once installed, this hijacker will hijack the web browser. Every time you open your web browser or even open a new tab, you seems to be forced to use the Best-found search with the homepage as best-found.com. Even after you repair the homepage, the best-found.com may still appear to be annoying. This is because of the shortcut added to the properties of your web browser like below.
Disadvantages and Risks with Best-found.com Hijacker
Needless to mention the annoying redirects and hijacking of best-found.com, this browser hijacker is for one thing, and for one thing only. As such, it serves as an ads-supporting platform to promote advertisements or draw traffics to partner sites. Thus, with best-found.com search and redirects, you may face below risks and inconvenience:
1. Your web search will be flooded with various advertisements. This not only degrades your web searching but also brings potential risks to get infected.
2. Although we could not call this best-found.com a virus technically, we think it as a threat to not only mess up the system but also considerably drag the browsing speed.
3. More and more potentially unwanted programs or adware may take the chance to sneak in without your permission to jam or even harm the system, burdening the system to be slower and slower, and even get crashed from time to time.
5. Let alone the annoying hijacked homepage and redirects to best-found.com or other unknown websites.
Thus, for any reason, it is advised to get rid of the best-found.com homepage and related adware or PUPs completely. You may use below removal guide to do the job.
Prevention excels virus removal. Before we go through the best-found.com removal guide, let’s see some tips to prevent best-found.com infiltration and possible related risks.
Tips to Prevent Best-found.com and Similar Browser Hijacker
To keep safe away from browser hijackers like this best-found.com, you can take below tips into practice:
1. Use caution when browsing the Internet. Basically, you should ensure turn on security features of your web browser. See detailed instructions to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Plus. some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would do a good job to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads. Anvi Ad Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html. See more details on Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker.
2. Take extra caution when you are required to download some browser updates, or adobe flash players. These are very likely to lead you to malicious downloads.
3. Pay attention when clicking a superlink or opening an email from unknown people and express company. It is too careful to open an attachment contained in a spam email or peer-to-peer shared files from the Internet.
4. Regularly clean up system files to maintain a healthy system. And also clean browser data including browser history and browser cookies on regular basis to better protect your online privacy.
5. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
6. At any rate, the best way to protect computer from infections would be always security tools including firewall, antivirus, antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender.
Similar browser hijackers for precautions:
How to Get Rid of Best-found.com Homepage and Redirects (Browser Hijacker Removal Gudie)
Step 1. Remove hidden components using Antimalware
To facilitate the afterward removal and ensure the computer is clean from any hidden components of the infection, it is necessary to use Antimalware/antivirus scan and removal. Here we use the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender as an example for demonstration purpose. You can also take a try by following below steps:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version Download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
(If you want more protection of Anvi Smart Defender like to immune to future threats, you may upgrade it here. )
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall related PUP from computer
Choose an option you prefer to uninstall:
Tips: If you can not figure out which software is related to best-found.com redirects, it is a good idea to remove all programs installed on the date that you firstly detect the presence of best-found.com hijacking within your web browser.
Option 1. Automatic Uninstall
Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster contains a Recently Installed Tab can help you conveniently find the related PUP from recently installed program list to uninstall.
To use Anvi Uninstaller, you can follow below steps:
1. Download and install the Cloud System Booster.
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run. and then Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the browser hijacker or PUP.
Then you will see below window
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Option 2. Manually uninstall Related PUP from Control Panel
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the adware.
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
Step 3. Remove Best-found.com homepage from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
Choose an option your prefer below:
→ highly recommended for users using multiple web browsers
Option 1. Automatic Repair using Anvi Slim Toolbar
1. To remove search redirects from web browser, generally there are mainly three aspects in fixing browser settings in IE, Firefox and Chrome: remove add-on and related search engine, fix the homepage. Now to conveniently repair the browser settings, you can use this tool-Anvi Slim Toolbar.
a. Download and install
Anvi Slim Toolbar download: www.dotfab.com/download_ast.html
b. Start the program and click Manage on its main screen.
c. Find and locate related/unwanted browser add-on and remove it from the appeared list.
e. Switch to the main screen and click Repair button to repair the homepage and search engine.
2. To delete the shortcut from IE, Firefox and Chrome, you can follow below instructions:
In IE: Locate IE icon on desktop and right click it to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the best-found.com url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
In Firefox: Locate Firefox icon on desktop and right click it to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the best-found.com url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
In Chrome: Locate Google Chrome icon on desktop and right click to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the best-found.com url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
After all done, reopen your web browser to check.
1. Remove extension
Open Google Chrome and click bars icon to navigate to toolbars and extensions, find related or unwanted extensions to locate and click on the Trash can icon to remove it.
2. Remove startup page
Click Settings at the left menu, find On startup area and click set page
Then locate it and click X to remove the best-found.com startup page.
3. Remove homepage
Then locate the Appearance area, click Change.
Then remove the url from the text box. Click OK to save the change and exit.
4. Remove related search engine
Browser hijacker also changes your default search engine in chrome. Check it and choose your preferred search engine as default.
Find Search area, click manage search engines… button.
Then, make your preferred search engine, like Google.com, as default and then remove any other suspiciously related search engine from chrome by locating it and clicking X as it shows.
5. Remove shortcut from Chrome properties.
Now close Chrome and find its desktop icon. Right-click its desktop icon and navigate to Properties → Shortcut
Remove best-found.com from target text box.
Important Note: If you have pinned Google chrome shortcut on your task bar, please unpin it and restart it.
When finished, reopen Chrome to check if the issue is gone.
1. Remove add-on
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Firefox button on the top left of the window to open a dropped menu where you need to select Add-ons to open the mange add-ons window.
On the opened window of manage add-ons, locate the Extensions tab to locate related add on and click Remove button to remove it.
Besides, you also need to check for the plugin tab on the add-on manage window, where you may also find the Conduit plugin and if any, make sure remove it as well.
2. Reset homepage
On the opened window, locate General tab and reset the homepage by either entering your desired homepage like www.google.com or click on Restore to Default button. When finished, click OK to save the change and exit.
3. Repair search engine
In the opened Firefox window, click the right place besides the search box as shown in below image to drag out a dropped menu from there to select Manage search engines…
Then there will comes out a windows as shown in below picture. Click on suspiciously related search engine...locate it and then click Remove to remove it. Or you can just click restore to default button to repair it. Click OK to save the change and exit the window.
4. Configure Firefox
Open a new blank tab in your Firefox, and type about:config in the address bar to open a window as shown in below picture.
Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
Then, on the appeared window, type Best-found in the search box to find any items with value containing the keywords of the PUP from list there and highlight the item, right click on it to select Reset, one by one.
2. Remove shortcut from Firefox properties
Now close Mozilla Firefox, and then right-click its desktop icon to navigate to Properties → Shortcut.
Remove the url best-found.com from the Target text box.
Important Note: If you have pinned Firefox shortcut on your task bar, please unpin it and restart it.
When finished, restart the Firefox to check. That’s it.
1. Remove add-on
Open Internet Explorer, click Settings icon to select Manage add-on
There will open a window of Manage add-ons, where you need to locate on Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find related add-on. Click the item to disable and remove.
Note: Some PUP’s inserted add-on/plugin in IE can only be removed through control Panel, that is to say, if you uninstall it from the Control Panel, this add-on will automatically disappear in IE.
2. Remove Search provider
Still on the window of manage add-ons, switch to Search Providers tab, and then search for related or unwanted search provider to locate it and click on Remove button at the bottom to get rid of it. (Please note if the search provider to remove is set as default, firstly you need to set other search engine like bing or google as default and then proceed the removal. )
3. Reset homepage
Click on Settings icon and then select Internet Options. On the coming up window, locate → General tab → Home page area, you can either click on the Use Blank button or type your desired homepage like www.google.com in the edit box. Then, click OK to save the change and exit. That’s it.
4. Remove shortcut from Internet Explorer properties
Now close Internet Explorer, and right click its desktop icon to navigate to Properties → Shortcut
Remove the best-found.com from the text box of Target.
Important Note: If you have pinned Internet Explorer shortcut on your task bar, please unpin it and restart it.
Restart the Internet Explorer to check. That’s it.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies, key leftovers and maintain system performance
Since this best-found.com can inject its tracking cookies or use other means to track your online search habit and access to all your browser data, it is necessary to remove the related browser data including its tracking cookies and browser history to prevent its survival. In this regard, Cloud System Booster would be helpful. Not only will it help you automatically clean the browser data, but also it will maintain your system performance in order to return a smooth uncluttered OS.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Instructions: 1. Download and install.
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block malicious websites and pop up ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
To block malicious websites and pop up ads for safer surfing online, some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would be a nice choice. It provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only can this tool help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this best-found.com by adding the URL into its black list.
If any question in the process, leave it below.
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.