How can I get rid of Bubble Dock? I don’t know where it came from and it has a nasty way of stopping you uninstaling it. It has it’s own “uninstall” programme that seems to be worse than itself!….
This article explains how to get rid of Bubble Dock popup ads and prevent such adware/PUP infiltration.
What is Bubble Dock?
Bubble Dock is actually an adware that installs as a browser add-on to provide convenient app use experiences as it claims however actually more likely to promote free downloads and sponsored ads.
Typically, this adware comes bundled with other freeware or PUP downloads from the Internet, including some very popular sites like CNET and Softonic. Mostly likely, these freeware bundling this adware can be audio/video player, PDF converter, software informer, download manager, or even other browser toolbars.
Once reaches, this Bubble Dock adware installs its browser add-on to all your installed web browsers, e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, to perform as Bubble Docks shortcuts for frequently used apps hidden at head of your web browser when the mouse hovers over the right place. Not to mention that such bubble docks shorts is useless actually, it will popup random ads from the right corner of the windows to promote various ads or free downloads, which may mislead to places of more other potentially unwanted programs or even malware infections.
The images of ads by Bubble Dock
Such ads from your web browser would flood your system to be annoying and of course risky. The ads displayed are randomly loaded from remote server related, most domains of which are ib.adnxs.com, ad.yieldmanager.com, rvzr-a.akamaihd.net alike. If you recklessly click the ads, the consequences will be more PUPs or even malware installed to compromise your online security.
One thing for sure is that ads by Bubble Dock deserves nothing but ignorance and decisive removal, regarding your online security and smooth system running.
To get rid of Bubble Dock ads and stay on safe side from various adware which is often used by cyber criminals to distribute malware, not only do you need to uninstall Bubble Dock and related program from computer , but also go to remove its browser add and other hidden components related. Below is a removal guide for reference. Good luck and be safe online. –How to avoid install Bubble Dock alike adware and prevent malware infections
How to Remove Bubble Dock Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)
Step 1. Uninstall Bubble Dock from computer
Bubble Dock installs its program to computer. To completely remove ads by Bubble Dock and potential risks related, the first step is to uninstall it from the computer. Follow below steps to uninstall Bubble Dock from your computer.
To conveniently help you figure out Bubble Dock related programs, here we recommend you Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster to do the job:
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this Bubble Dock adware.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
If you prefer manual uninstall, follow below steps:
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click Bubble Dock and other dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate Bubble Dock and dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
Step 2. Remove Bubble Dock browser add-on from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Bubble Dock works as a browser add-on within IE, Firefox or Chrome. To get rid of this Bubble Dock add-on from web browser, you can use Toolbar Manager featured in Cloud System Booster as mentioned above as well. To do this, you can
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Please note, this Toolbar Manager featured is only for Cloud System Booster pro version. If you want to use this feature, you can get the pro version here:http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php.
This way is highly recommended for users who have multiple web browsers installed. Otherwise, you can also choose to manually remove Bubble Dock add-ons from IE/Firefox/Chrome. –Bubble Dock browser add-on Manual Removal
2. Start the program and click Toolbox at the bottom of the interface, locate the sidebar in the left to find Toolbar Manager icon as shown in below to open Toolbar Manager
3. Click Scan button to scan out Bubble Dock add-on and other unwanted browser extensions to remove.
4. Select Bubble Dock and other unwanted add-ons in IE, Firefox and Chrome Click Remove to delete all.
You can also choose to manually remove Bubble Dock add-on from web browsers respectively.
For Internet Explorer users
Open Google Chrome and click bars icon to navigate to toolbars and extensions, find related or unwanted extensions to locate and click on the Trash can icon to remove it.
Open Internet Explorer, click Settings > Manage add-on > Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find Bubble Dock and other unwanted add-on. Click the item to disable and remove.
Note: Some add-on/plugin in IE can only be removed through control Panel, that is to say, if you uninstall it from the Control Panel, this add-on will automatically disappear in IE.
Step 3. Remove Hidden Risky Components using antimalware
To ensure no risky hidden components of this adware left to harm the system, you need an antivirus or antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender to scan out the core malicious files of this adware. To do this, you can follow below tips:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 4. Maintain system performance
Adware that causes misleading redirects and unwanted downloads may jam your system with burdensome leftovers to degrade your system performance or even harm the system. Thus, it is necessary to do a full cleaning after the adware removal. Again Cloud System Booster could afford this job.
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware like Bubble Dock and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.