Suddenly you find that CouponDropDown pop up ads to you when you are clicking a link or visiting a webpage? This article will detail step by step instructions on how to get rid of CouponDropDown ads from computer and web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Read more.
block Coupon DropDown pop-up
When I try to click on a link online, Coupon DropDown appears, & instead of navigating to the link I want, I’m redirected to their ad site.
I’ve looked in my Programs list, but can’t see anything which indicates CDD. Can anyone let me have really clear, step-by-step instructions for removing it? It’s really started to interfere with online research. I think it may have come with a Google toolbar which I don’t want, as I’m happy with WebCrawler, & I don’t know how to get rid of that either.
Anyone have any ideas about eliminating the CoupondropDown web page irritation?
I would be grateful for any solutions.
What is CouponDropDown pop up ads?
CouponDropDown is an application owned by 215 Apps, classified as adware or PUP, which pop up its ads when you are visiting shopping sites like Walmart, Ebay, Amazon, etc. These advertisements show up as boxing pop up that contains various coupons available or as linked keywords which when clicked it will display the advertisements and claim that it is by CouponDropDown.
CouponDropDown itself claims to save your money however it has a low rating among users. And this is probably because it often comes bundled with other software install without the user’s permission or even knowledge. Besides, its constant pop ups are considered really annoying or even irritating…
Often, people get CouponDropDown by reckless installation of other software, freeware in particular from the Internet. The CouponDropDown comes bundled with other software like Torn TV, Yontoo, 1ClickDownloader, FBPhotoZoom, etc. It can installs its program into the computer as well as its add-on onto most used internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Tips to Avoid CouponDropDown Install
Since CouponDropDown often comes bundled with other software, to avoid install it, you should pay close inspection when installing software which is downloaded from the Internet. Please always opt for custom install in case of anything unwanted bundled to install as well.
How to Remove Coupon Drop Down pop up ads (Adware Removal Guide)
Removal guide outlined:
- Step 1. Uninstall CouponDropDown and related PUP from Control Panel
- Step 2. Remove CouponDropDown Add-on from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3. Optimize system performance (Recommended)
Step 1. Uninstall CouponDropDown and related PUP from Control Panel
For Win 8: Press Windows key or hover the cursor in the bottom left of the screen to access Start Menu →locate the CouponDropDown and related PUP→ right click on the icon→ Click Uninstall from the appeared toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start →Click Control Panel → Locate Programs, and click Uninstall a program→ find CouponDropDown and related PUP from the opened list → Locate the item you want to uninstall and right click to open the dropped menu, where you need to click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start → Select Control Panel → Click Add/Remove Programs → Find the CouponDropDown and related PUP from the opened list → locate and right click the item which you want to uninstall → click Remove to preceed the uninstall.
Please note you are highly suggested to also uninstall the software that bundles the CouponDropDown.
By the way, if you have any troubles in find the software that may bundle the CouponDropDown, you can bet on the Anvi Uninstall which will list your recently installed software for your convenient to troubleshoot.
Please note that Anvi Uninstaller is available for free in Toolbox of Cloud System Booster (which is a system optimization tool), and you can download the Cloud System Booster and install it to freely use the Anvi Uninstaller from the Toolbox and also you can use the System Booster to boost your system performance later by the way.
Cloud System Booster download link: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Instructions: 1. Download and install. 2. Start it and click on Expert on the main screen to open Expert interface where you can locate Toolbox tab and select Anvi Uninstaller to Run.
Step 2. Remove CouponDropDown Add-on from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
First of all, please note that if you have successfully uninstalled CouponDropDown and related PUP completely, then the CouponDropDown browser add-on may be also uninstalled. But for those who fail to uninstall it from the Control Panel or just want to ensure its gone, you may also follow below guide to remove CouponDropDown add-on from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Before we go for the manual removal, if anyone feel inconvenience or trouble in the manual remove, you may just take advantages of Anvi Slim Toolbar-which provides you with browser add-on/toolbar add-ons management solutions and some other necessary browser repair measures.
Here is a trial version of Anvi Slim Toolbar which can be free available for 15 days. Feel free to either download and use it to remove CouponDropDown add-on from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome or afterward manual removal options.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: www.dotfab.com/download_ast.html
For Internet Explorer users
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Settings icon to select Manage add-ons.
2. There will open a window of Manage add-ons, where you need to locate on Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find CouponDropDown plugin and any other extension you don’t want. Click the item to disable and remove it one by one.
Note: As shown in the above image, the CouponDropDown Plugin in IE can only be removed thorugh control Panel, that is to say, if you uninstall it from the Control Panel, this add-on will automatically disappear as add-ons in IE.
For Mozilla Firefox users
1.Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Firefox button on the top left of the window to open a dropped menu where you need to select Add-ons to open the mange add-ons window.
2. On the opened window of manage add-ons, locate then Extensions tab to search through for the CouponDropDown 0.91.11 to remove it as shown in below picture.
For Google Chrome users
Tips: Chances are that the CouponDropDown extension in Google Chrome can not be removed as usually because it is managed. To handle this, you need to manually remove it from the Registry Editor. That certainly requires basic computer skills and you’d better first backup your important files in case that any mistakes happen to cause data loss. If you think this is inconvenient, use the recommended tool Anvi Slim Toolbar to make it happen.
1. Open Google Chrome, and click the wrench or bars icon to navigate to Tools → Extensions.
2. On the opened window, search for CouponDropDown 1.23.5 as shown in below. You may notice that the CouponDropDown extension can not be removed because it is managed. To manually remove it, you can follow the afterward instructions to remove it in Registy Editor.
Remove Managed CouponDropDown extension from Chrome
1. Copy the ID of the CouponDropDown Plugin as highlighted in the above picture.
2. Click Start→Enter regedit in the appearing search box and click Enter (in Win xp, click Run.. to enter the regedit in the edit box and press Enter) to open the registry editor.
3. In the registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE →software →Policies → Google → Chrome →ExtensionInstallForceList
as shown in below images.
4. Then search through the ID of ConponDropDown plugin by pressing Ctrl +F and paste your previously copied ID of the ConponDropDown to find the registry entry of the CouponDropDown and then right click to select Delete from the dropped menu.
5. There will open a confirmation prompt, and you need to click Yes to proceed.
6. Then if you open your Chrome to check out, the managed extension of CouponDropDown plugin will disappear
Step 3. (Recommended) Optimize your Windows system
Often there are many leftovers or junk files after you remove programs from the computer, and you need to maintain the system on regular basis, especially after the program removal. For this, you can use your installed system cleaner or optimizer like Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, repair registry errors, optimize services, etc to boost the system performance.
For deep optimization, you can choose to do regular disk defragment using a tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to conveniently and efficiently defrag your hard disks for a better arranged and well performing system.
For any questions, feel free to get in touch.