A “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” notification from CyberLocker, claiming your online activities are involved with delinquency locked your PC desktop? If you met such problem, it means that your PC has been infected by CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus.
What is CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” Virus
The rebarbative malware CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” belongs to the category of ransomware targets the users unbridledly these days. Like Ministry of Public Safety Canada Virus, Centre for Critical Infrastructure Protection CCIP Virus, this ransomware is created by cyber criminals to trick you into paying a non-existing fine by contemptible means. How the ransomware dose it?
* Firstly, it infects you PC without your knowledge. In the next it makes a localized fake notification with appropriate language and background to freeze your PC. As a result, you cannot access to your windows operating system, let alone running the related Antivirus software and surfing the internet.
* Meanwhile, if you read the content on this fake notification, you will be greatly frightened. Claiming from Cyberlocker, it sends the alert pointing that your online activities are suspected of violating the related law, such as viewing and distributing pornographic contents, obtaining or distributing certain copyrighted materials, etc. Maybe when you see these, you will doubt the genuineness of this notification. How about the moment you see your IP address appears on the bogus alert prominently? And a webcam stating it has recorded all your behavior in the room?
In order to make more users believe the scam, the cyber criminals behind this ransomware even add fake webcam to bogus notifications to scare you that they have record your illegal actions in your room. Actually, this video is fake and non-existing. Their ultimate purpose is to steal innocent computer victims’ money.
* Hitherto, you cannot resist believing what it says. Then, it will demand you a fine of 300$ via MoneyPak voucher for your violations as well as unlocking the lock screen. If you don’t pay the fine, it will frighten you that you will be sued and your PC will still be blocked.
Lock screen is completely a scam. No authorities will ask a fine by the way of blocking PC desktop. Once you meet this situation, please remove it immediately.
Screenshot of CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” Virus
No matter what the bogus alert says, do not pay for the private key. It is just a scam designed by cybercriminals to steal your money.
The Main Way CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” Virus Infects Your Computers
Through using exploit kits, CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus infiltrates users PC via found software security vulnerabilities on their computers. The exploit kits of CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus mainly intrude your PC by these several means below.
▲ Some malicious websites and legal websites that have been compromised as well as malicious links, attachments in spam emails may contain the exploit kits of CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus. When you click on them, CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus may be downloaded surreptitiously.
▲ You may be convinced that certain free software which may include malware is very useful for you. After your download and install it, the malicious exploit kits of CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus may also be installed on your PC packaged with the free software.
▲ Your PC may also be captured by the exploit kits of CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus via peer-to-peer file sharing websites which may carry some malware and virus.
Tips for Stopping the Infringement of Ransomware
In the view of the way ransomware infects computers, we provide you with the following tips for avoid being attacked by ransomware again.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
The similar ransomware removal guides are offered below, if your PC is infected by one of the following virus, please click on it to see the specific removal steps.
Cheshire Police Authority Virus, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance virus, Politie Office Central Ukash Virus, Spamhaus MoneyPak Virus, Joint Chiefs of Staff MoneyPak Virus, MoneyGram Virus, FBI “Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt und alle Daten verschlüsselt wurden!” Virus, Europol Interpol Paysafecard Virus, FBI “Uw computer is vergrendeld en alle gegevens zijn versleuteld!” Virus, CCIPS Moneypak Ransomware, Decrypt Protect-MBL Block Off Virus, United States Department of Justice MoneyPak Virus, CashU Virus, FBI Moneypak virus,FBI CyberCrime Division virus, Your Computer Has Been Blocked virus, ICE Cyber Crime Center Moneypak virus, United States Courts virus, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section CCIPS virus, Ministry of Public Safety Canada ransomware,Internet Police Department virus, FBI Department of Defense ransomware, New Zealand E-crime Lab virus, etc.
Before removing CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” virus, you can attempt to take the following operation to help you remove this ransomware easier.
Deny Flash(optional )
Some variants of ransomware exploit Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. The symptoms of the infection may be suspended by denying flash. Then you can navigate through the infected system. If step is not necessary for the removal, then skip to the next step.
To deny/disable flash:
Visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html → select the Deny radio option
How to Remove CyberLocker “Your Computer Has Been Blocked” Virus
Option 1: Remove the ransomware by restoring your system
This method is applied to the case that you can log in to your computer in the safe mode with command prompt under the condition that your system restore points are not removed by this ransomware.
Option 2: Get rid of the virus via Anvi Rescue Disk
In general, you are blocked to access your PC in normal or in the safe mode with command prompt. Please use Anvi Rescue Disk to help your get rid of this virus even if your system restore points have been removed.
Option 1: Remove the ransomware by restoring your system
Step 1> Restore computer in safe mode with command prompt
1. Restart your computer.
2. Repeatedly press F8 upon the opening of the boot menu to enter Windows in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”.
Note: In some cases during infections of malware and viruses you only have 2-3 seconds to do this. In other cases if it doesn’t work during the given seconds, viruses such as the FBI MoneyPak ransomware virus will not allow you to type “explorer” anymore.
4. Once Windows Explorer shows up browse Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe or Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe, then press Enter.
5. When such a window appears, click next.
6. Choose a restore point from the list, then click next.
7. At last click finish to complete the restore.
8. Restart your PC to normal mode.
Step 2> Remove malicious files from your PC through Anvi Smart Defender
1. Install Anvi Smart Defender
Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender
Anti-malware software from the links below:
2. Click quick or full scan
After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate malware infections and any possible unwanted program.
3. Remove malicious files form your computer
Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender
will display the scan results. Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3>Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer via Cloud System Booster
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries, other related potentially unwanted programs in your computer system. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and to save your disk space so that as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster system maintenance & optimizer software.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After you install the program, please open it, click on BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, invaild registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Option 2: Remove the virus via Anvi Rescue Disk
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk iso for your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender
antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and rescued from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistent, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender
by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer system, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
If you are still feel difficult to use Anvi Resue Disk, please read How to Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
Good luck and be safe online. If any question, feel free to contact us for timely help by sending us your email below.