Some users complainted that they’ve recently been noticing odd, tacky looking ads on sites that they go to regularly that were never them before. If you have met the same problem, please check your control panel if there is a new program called DefaultTab published by Search Results, LLC. If it is, unfortunately, the DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC has gone to your PC. Read the article below, and it will tell you what DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC is and offer you an effective removal guide to help you get rid of this virus immediately and completely.
What is DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC
Actually, DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC, also named Mysearchresults.com redirects, is classified as a conbination of adware and browser hijacker that infects users’ PC bundled with free software download from the internet. We call this free software the third-party software. Many of them may seem to be useful for you, however, different toolbar, adware and browser hijackers are packaged with them to install on your PC without your consent. So please be attentive when download such kind of free software. After going to your PC sneakily, DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC will modify the default settings of your browsers. It redirects your browser homepage to Mysearchresults.com and search engine to Search Here. But you should pay attention that the hijacking may vary from browsers you use. For example, if you are Firefox users, both your homepage and search engine will be changed; but for IE users, sometimes, only your search engine is hijacked while the homepage is still a normal one. However, whatever browser you use, DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC will add an extension to your browser. Furthermore, DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC will display you ads related what you search for or query. In order to pop up more ads, it will collect your browsing habits and personal information to send you more related ads. It purposes is to generate network traffic and revenue. So as long as you find DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC in your PC, remove it right now.
Screenshot of hijacked Firefox browser
How to Avoid Being Infected by DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC
1: Be attentive when download free software from websites, such as download.com, softonic.com, CNET, Brothersoft, software.informer.
2: Always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin during the process of installing such free software.
3: keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
How to Remove DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC
Step 1: Uninstall DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC and optimize your PC via Cloud System Booster
Please note, DefaultTab By Search Results, LLC is installed on your PC alongside different free software you download from the internet. So you are suggested to uninstall this free software. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of the Mysearchreasults.com appearing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select DefaultTab, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC. Picture is displayed below, you can decide how to remove the virus depending on your own need.
6. After you remove the DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close.
7. The Mysearchresults.com redirect, Search Here and DefaultTab extension will also be removed alongside the removing of DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC. Although, DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC has been removed completely, there are some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC. Thus, please go back to Home, and click on Boost to scan junk files and invalid registry entries left in your computer.
8. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean and to save your disk space as well as to increase running speed of your computer.
Please always use the tool like Cloud System Booster to clean up the leftovers in the computer to get a clean and optimized PC environment.
Step 2: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.