Your browser is hijacked by Doko-Search.com and wonder to remove it immediately? This article contains step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of Doko-Search.com redirect virus from your browser. Please read on.
What is Doko-Search.com Redirect Virus
Doko-Search.com redirect virus, also named as Doko-Search.com hijacking, is categorized as browser hijacker that infiltrates into users’ PC via the deceptive means of binding–bundling itself with freeware or fake installers. Typically, it is bundled with freeware to install on your PC sneakily. That is, many of victims are suffering from this virus by downloading and installing freeware from the internet. For fake installers, you may promoted to install a fake installer when the malicious websites tells you that your software like Flash Player need to update. These fake installers may carry Doko-Search.com redirect virus, too.
It is a similar virus to Qone8.com, Qvo6.com and Delta-home.com virus whose known damages to computer are modifying users’ default browser settings and installing unfriendly program or PUP (potentially unwanted programs) onto computers. In addition to these, Doko-Search.com Redirect virus will exhibit other malicious traits. All of them are listed below:
● Redirect your frequent used homepage of IE, Firefox or Google Chrome to Doko-Search.com
● Set your search engine to Doko search and display ads or sponsored links in your search results. Meanwhile, some annoying popups will also appear when you are visiting web.
● Add toolbar and extensions to your browsers without your knowledge.
● Monitor your online activities, collect the browsing habit as well as save your financial information such as logins, usernames, and accounts privately.
● Generate traffic and monetize it by misleading you to visit spam websites marketing practice on internet.
Causing Doko-Search.com poses grave threats to your PC and network’s security state, you’d better remove this virus as a matter of urgency.
Tips for Avoiding Being Infected by Doko-Search.com Hijacking
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source
3. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
4. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
Similar redirect viruses that probably hijack your browsers are listed below. If you are troubled by one of them now, you can get an effective removal guide from these articles.
Dale Search Toolbar/dalesearch.com redirect virus , Mysearch.avg.com redirect virus, Start.search.us.com redirect virus, Search.certified-toolbar.com Hijacker , Visualbee.delta-search.com redirect virus, www1.delta-search.com redirect virus, Safehomepage.com virus,mixidj.delta-search.com Hijacker, Shareaza Virus and Ask.com redirect virus, Babylon Toolbar & Delta Search redirect virus , etc.
How to Remove Doko-Search.com Redirect Virus
- Step 1: Uninstall Programs related to Doko-Search.com and other unknown applications from control panel and optimize your PC
- Step 2: Remove Doko-Search.com redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Step 3: Start the ads blocking mode online
Step 1> Uninstall Programs related to Doko-Search.com and other unknown applications from control panel and optimize your PC
Please note, Doko-Search.com browser hijacker is installed on your PC alongside different free software you download from the internet. So you are suggested to uninstall this free software. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of its malicious homepage appearing.
Before uninstalling, please close all your browsers.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free version: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Pro version: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds; and then run it.
3. Switch to the Recently Installed tab to remove unknown and dubious program. ( Please Skip “Create System Restore Points” when removing)
4. Please go back to Home, and click on Boost to scan junk files and invalid registry entries left in your computer; and then click Clean to optimize your PC.
Please always use the tool like Cloud System Booster to clean up the leftovers in the computer to get a clean and optimized PC environment.
Step 2> Remove Doko-Search.com redirect from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
Option 1: Remove via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
2. Remove extensions from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect extensions, add-ons and plugins in your browsers. When result is displayed, select DefaultTab, DownloadTerms, Less Tabs, Selectlinks, MixiDJ Toolbar, Webcake or other toolbars and then click on Remove.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
Option 2: Remove from IE, FF & Google Chrome manually
For Internet Explorer users
1. Open Internet Explorer> click on the gear icon(for window 7 users)/Tools (for Windows XP users) at the top (far right)>click Internet Options.
2. In the following pop-up box: click Advanced tab>click Reset button>click OK.
3. In below section: select Delete personal settings>click Reset
4. After completing the reset, click Close and then click OK.
For Firefox users
2. Then, click on Reset Firefox to repair the hijacked browser.
For Google Chrome users
1. Click on wrench or 3 bar icon (next to the address bar)>Tools>Extensions.
Step 4> Start the ads blocking mode online
For Internet Explore:
Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools (Gear Bar if you’re using IE9)> Select Internet Options> Select Privacy tab> Tick the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” to prevent “Recommended for You” Pop Up > click OK to complete.
Open your Mozilla Firefox>Click on Tools>Select Options>Choose Content>Tick on “Block pop-up windows” and click on OK to finish the operation.
For Google Chrome:
Open your Google Chrome>Click on the wrench icon on the top-right corner of the browser>Select Settings>Click on Showing advanced settings…>Find the Privacy and click on Content Settings>Go to Pop-ups and tick on “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” and click on Done to complete the operation.
However, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker is highly recommended( for instructions of this protection tool please see Learn by trying it. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Now, you have removed Doko-Search.com Browser Hijacker completely and are relatively safe online with the protection of Anvi Ad Blocker .
Due to browser hijackers like Doko-Search.com goes to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
After computer working for a long time, your disk drives will carry a heavy load. What’s more, due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.