Default browser’s homepage has been tampered with SearchFunmoods.com? This article contains step by step instructions on how to get rid of Funmoods Toolbar and SearchFunmoods.com redirect from computer completely. It will help you.
About Funmoods Toolbar and SearchFunmoods.com Redirect
Funmoods Toolbar belongs to the category of browser hijacker, which is not really a virus but a potentially unwanted program(PUP). As an appendage to free software, shareware or others like video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators, it installs on your computer without your knowledge.
Screenshot of SearchFunmoods.com rediect
After Funmoods Toolbar goes to your PC, it adds Funmoods program to your system, redirects the original homepage of your default browser to http://searchfunmoods.com/ and modifies your previous search engine like Google, Bing to Funmoods Search. But beyond that, Funmoods Toolbar will also hijack your browsers in the form of Funmoods Toolbar add-ons without you ever knowing they were there.
Funmoods Toolbar will change your internet experience. According to what you search for on the internet and your browsing habit, it will display some of related ads and links to mislead you to purchase products or install software. Therefore, it must constantly collect your search items and browsing habit to offer you more annoying ads. Many users wonder this PUP’s motivation of doing this, actually, through the way of stealing your privacy information it can generates traffic and revenues. This is also the real purpose of Funmoods Toolbar.
How to Avoid being Infected by Funmoods Toolbar and Other Browser Hijacker
To ensure be safe on in the further, we need to adopt necessary measures to get free from virus infections. Here we offer you some effective prevention tips and these tips are applied to all of browser hijacker, redirect virus, adware, toolbar and PUPs that share the common with distribution.
1. Be attentive to visit websites, especially those unknown and with strange looking. It is high recommended to install a protective tool like Anvi AD Blocker for blocking malicious websites and popups, for details, please read Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker, or you can choose to Turn on Security Features of Internet Browsers for Safer Surfing Online to block malicious websites.
2. Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons. When you do install software, make sure you’re getting the software from a trusted source.
3. Even if you have to install a necessary software, please always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
4. Keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data.
5. Delete internet browsing history including the history of the websites you have visited and the history of the downloads you’ve performed to prevent you from getting malicious infections again.
How to Remove Funmoods Toolbar and SearchFunmoods.com Redirect from Computer Completely
Step 1 Uninstall Funmoods and all of unknown and dubious programs
Step 2 Clean up junk files, error files and invaild registry entries to optimize your PC
Step 3 Remove Funmoods add-ons/extensions from IE, Firefox&Google Chrome
Step 4 Start the ads blocking mode online
Step 1> Uninstall Funmoods and all of unknown and dubious programs
Special instructions： As an effective uninstall tool, Anvi Uninstaller is integrated with Cloud System Booster which is used for system maintenance&optimizing. It can help you find recently installed programs easily and quickly; whilst, clean up all of leftovers produced by adware and PUPs.
—Remove by control panel
Note: Funmoods Toolbar infects your PC alongside different free software, shareware or video, etc.you download from the internet, so you are suggested to uninstall all unknown and dubious programs. By the way, you’d better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of searchfunmoods.com homepage appearing.
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Funmoods and unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Remove one by one.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Funmoods and unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Funmoods and unknown and dubious programs, select them and click Uninstall/Change one by one.
—Uninstall by Anvi Uninstaller
If you are feel hard to find the potentially unwanted programs(PUP) installed recently, it is highly recommended to uninstall them via Anvi Uninstaller.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Switch to Recently Installed tab ( help you find PUPs easily ), Select Funmoods and unknown and programs like below, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing. Picture is displayed below, you can skip the first step to go on the following operations. (Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version)
6. After removing Funmoods and unknown and dubious programs, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close.
7. Come back to Home tab, and then click Booster to detect all of residual rubbish on your PC. And then remove them. ( after finis this operation you can skip step 2 to execute the following removal steps)
Step 2> Clean up junk files, error files and invaild registry entries to optimize your PC
There still exists some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling adware and PUPs in your PC. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 3> Remove browser add-ons/extensions from IE, Firefox&Google Chrome
Because some of users feel it’s a pain to manually remove Funmoods add-ons/extensions one by one. Here, we recommend you a convenient browser management tool–Anvi Slim ToolBar. This tool is designed to repair browser damages including homepage and search engine redirects. With one click to recovery your default browser settings.
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select Funmoods extensions and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
It’s normal that none of toolbar related to Funmoods causing they maybe removed after you finish the first step.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
—-Alternative choice for removing SearchFunmoods.com redirect
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://searchfunmoods.com/?st=hp&q= to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
2. Go to Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers, right click on Bing or others and select Set as default, and then right click on Funmoods Search, click on Remove. (the order for removing can’t be reversed absolutely)
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on Funmoods toolbar and then click on Disable.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
1-2 Come to On startup tab, select Open the new tab pages and click Set pages. When Startup pages pops up, remove http://searchfunmoods.com/?st=hp&q= by clicking X behind it.
3-4 Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://searchfunmoods.com/?st=hp&q= into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
5 When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines. Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
At last, switch to extensions tab, locate Funmoods, Tew Tab and then remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
Step 4> Start the ads blocking mode online
For Internet Explore:
Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools (Gear Bar if you’re using IE9)> Select Internet Options> Select Privacy tab> Tick the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” to prevent “Recommended for You” Pop Up > click OK to complete.
Open your Mozilla Firefox>Click on Tools>Select Options>Choose Content>Tick on “Block pop-up windows” and click on OK to finish the operation.
For Google Chrome:
Open your Google Chrome>Click on the wrench icon on the top-right corner of the browser>Select Settings>Click on Showing advanced settings…>Find the Privacy and click on Content Settings>Go to Pop-ups and tick on “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” and click on Done to complete the operation.
However, some of malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites cannot be distinguished and detected by the browser itself. To browsing more safe online, an ads blocking tool like Anvi AD Blocker is highly recommended. Once install it, it gives you a real-time protection to make your be free from the bother of Pop-up ads and malicious websites as well as decrease the risk of being infected be virus.
Due to browser hijackers like Funmoods Toolbar going to computer packaged with freeware installers and other 3rd party software, it can’t be avoid that those freeware installers still carry other viruses and infections, even they can’t be removed from control panel or can’t be trace on your PC. Under this circumstance, you need use your antivirus software like Anvi Smart Defender ( download:http://dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to detect and remove these malicious and stubborn malware and give you a prompt protection.
After a longtime of use, your disk drives must carry a heavy load. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.