Gon.driveopen.net popup ads from your web browser come to degrade your web browser performance? In this article you will find how to get rid of Gon.driveopen.net popup ads and related PUP or adware.
What is Gon.driveopen.net?
Gon.driveopen.net is an ads-supporting platform to display partner’s advertisements. Please note that commonly Gon.driveopen.net popup ads come as a result from installing some adware or browser hijacker like a toolbar that often come bundled with a variety of freeware that you can download from the Internet.
In other words, Gon.driveopen.net popup ads come as a symptom of getting installed some adware or ads-supporting platform. Users often encounter such when they are misleaded to download some freeware that bundle the adware or PUP from the Internet.
We highly advise you remove any adware/PUP upon sight, because not only do they lead to floods of various ads that degrade browser performance, but also almost all adware or browser hijackers can track your web search and violate your online privacy by accessing to all data on your computer and websites that you visit.
In this regard, you can use below removal guide to get rid of Gon.driveopen.net popup ads if this issue annoys you right now.
How to Get Rid of Gon.driveopen.net Pop up Ads(Adware Removal Guide)
To remove constant Gon.driveopen.net popup ads from your web browser, you need to not only uninstall the related PUP or unwanted adware from your computer, also you’d better repair your web browser settings and delete browser data including cookies and browser history to be safe in terms of privacy.
Removal Guide outlined:
Step 1. Full Scan the Computer to Remove Hidden Risky Components from Computer
Gon.driveopen.net comes together with other PUP install, which may show rootkit traits to hide in the system. Thus to ensure your computer is clean away from hidden risky components related , you are highly recommended to full scan your PC using your installed antivirus or here recommended antimalware-Anvi Smart Defender.
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall Related PUP from Control Panel
Here for demonstration, we use the most common Search Protect by Conduit as an example.
Note: To completely fix the issue, you need to remove all suspicious PUP since many PUPs can cause the Gon.driveopen.net popup ads.
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
It is possible that the uninstall may be difficult to fulfill when you don’t know which and when causes this issue, then you may use this tool-Anvi Uninstaller which is integrated in Cloud System Booster (a system cleaner).
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this Bubble Dock adware.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Step 3. Remove related browser extension or toolbar
Gon.driveopen.net often comes bundled other PUP install, which would cause malicious toolbar/add-on/plugin installed, default search engine modified and homepage hijacked. Thus it is necessary to check these settings all to ensure being clean and safe.
To remove related browser extension or toolbar→
In Internet Explorer:
Open Internet Explorer, go Settings icon or Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbar and Extensions tab. Search through there for any dubious or unwanted add-ons to remove.
In Mozilla Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox, click Firefox button > Add-ons > Extensions tab. Search through there for any suspiciously related or unwanted browser add-on to remove. Please note, you need also check up the Plugin tab on the add-ons menu to ensure no malicious plugin stay.
In Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome, click Customize and Control Google Chrome icon > Tools > Extensions to find any unwanted or related browser extension to remove.
If any other browser repair needed, you can do conventional removal. Otherwise, you can just reset your web browser to default settings to clean all once and for all as instructed below:
> Reset Google Chrome
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
Step 4. Remove Related Cookies and Maintain System Performance
See to remove the tracking cookies since there would be cookies associated with the Gon.driveopen.net, which causes the constant pop up in your web browser.
Tips: Before the cookies removal, you’d better backup your important personal information like some important username and passwords.
Besides, PUP install and adware popup can jam the system and degrade the system performance. It is necessary to clean the system from all those junks. Yet, you can use some system cleaner like Cloud System Booster for both tasks ( cookies cleaning and junks removal).
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block Gon.driveopen.net and malicious websites using Anvi Ad Blocker
Here you may also choose the Anvi Ad Blocker to help you block this sites by adding the URL to its blacklist. Besides this tool provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only this tool can help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this Gon.driveopen.net by adding the URL into its black list.
To block the Gon.driveopen.net pop up using Anvi AD Blocker, you can follow below instructions on the image:
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.