Computer blocked by Serious Organised Crime Agency, Metropolitan British Police, PCeU, and Interpol, etc? Be alerted about such a ransomware trick and learn more here to get rid of this nasty computer virus completely as instructed step by step guides.
Metropolitan British Police Interpol virus, is another version of PCeU ransomware infections recently in the wild to scam on users with their Windows computer hold hostage. If you see that a lock screen as shown below, then you are encountering the Metropolitan British Police virus, categorized as ransomware.
Screenshot of Metropolitan British Police Interpol Virus
Similar to many other ransomware infections like Interpol Department of Cybercrime virus, PCeU virus, etc, this Metropolitan British Police virus exploits system vulnerabilities to infiltrate and once settled, it will block the entire Windows system and instead display a fake alert supposed from the related authorities like SOCA, Metropolitan British Police, PCeU and the Interpol, etc to scare innocent victims into believing that their computer is blocked up due to some safety reasons and they need to pay the fine of 100 pounds in order to unlock the PC.
The fraud message delivered by Metropolitan British Police Lock Screen virus
Your computer has been blocked for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography. You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law.
Article 161 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 5 to 11 years.
Also, you are suspected of violation of “Copyright and Related rights Law” (downloading of pirated music, video, warez) and of use use and/or dissemination of copyrighted content. Thus, you are suspected of violation of Article 148 of the Kingdom of Great Britain Criminal Law.
Article 148 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 3 to 7 years or 150 to 550 basic amounts fine.
It was from your computer, that unauthorised access has been stolen to information of State importance and to data close for public Internet access.
Unauthorised access could have been arranged by yourself purposely on mercenary motives, or without your knowledge and consent, provided your computer could have been affected by malware. Consequently, you are suspected – until the investigation is held – of innocent infringement of Article 215 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law (“Law on negligent reckless disregard of computers and computer aids”).
Article 215 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law provides for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for terms from 5 to 8 years and/or up to 100,000 Pounds fine.
Further after information of your personal computer was examined, it was found that your personal computer has been regularly used for bulk-spamming either arranged by yourself purposely on mercenary motives, or with ought your knowledge and consent, provided your computer could have been affected my malware. Bulk-spamming is a way to disseminate malware of banned pornography. Consequently you are suspected – until the investigation is held – of innocent infringement of Article 301 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law (“On bulk-spamming and malware (virus) dissemination”).
Article 301 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law provide for the punishment of deprivation of liberty for term from 5 years, and up to 250,000 Pounds fine.
Please, mind that both your personal identities and location are well identified, and criminal case can be opened against you in course of 96 hours as for commission of crimes per above Articles. Criminal case can be submitted to court.
However, pursuant to Amendments to the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law dated july 10, 2013, and according to Declaration on Human Rights, your disregard of law may be interpreted as unintended (if you had no incidents before) and no arraignment will follow. However, it is a matter of whether you have paid the fine of the Treasury (to the effect of initiatives aimed at protection of cyberspace).
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case will be opened against you.
Amount of fine is 100 Pounds. You can settle the fine with Ukash or PaySafeCard vouchers.
As soon as the money arrives to the Treasury account, your computer will be unblocked in course of 24 hours.
Then in 7 day term you should remedy the breaches associated with your computer. Otherwise your computer will be blocked up again and criminal case will be opened against yourself (with no option to pay fine).
Please mind that you should enter only verified pass of vouchers and abstain from caching out of vouchers once used for the fine payment. If erroneous pass were entered, or if attempt was made to cancel vouchers after transaction then, apart from above breaches, you will be charged with fraud (Article 377 of the Kingdom of Great Britain criminal law, 1 to 3 years of imprisonment) and criminal case will be opened.
Please be sober and aware that such is totally a scam trick online and the sole problem with your computer is just the infection. If you are now facing such a computer problem, try below provided ransomware removal guide to get rid of it completely.
Symptoms of Metropolitan British Police Interpol Virus
- 1. Once infected, the computer system will be totally locked up and the desktop will display a full screen alert in name of Interpol, Metropolitan British Police, PCeU virus and the like, every time you start the machine.
- 2. If you try to reboot the computer to safe mode for troubleshooting, in most cases, this will fail because the safe mode running is also forbidden due to the infection. And if you try to unplug the network cable, you are more likely to run the affected machine in safe mode.
- 3. Sometimes, the lock screen will turn to white screen because some errors occur to the ransomware infection.
The Metropolitan British Police Interpol virus is distributed in multiple ways, lick malicious websites, trojans, spam emails with embedded malicious link or attachments, peer-to-peer shared files that are infected.
To prevent this ransomware infection, you need to at least take below measures:
- 1. Timely update your Windows system with latest patches released by Mcrosoft.
- 2. Ensure update all your installed programs to latest versions.
- 3. Get enough computer protection tools like trusted antivirus, firewall. You should be aware that no security program can 100% protect your computer from all threats and thus you may need some suites, main antivirus plus an supplement antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender . (Safely download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html)
- 4. Be very careful when surfing online. Basically, you need to ensure that the security features of your web browser turned on. If necessary, see the instructions to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome here.
- 5. Stay on safe side with proper precautions when you are clicking a link or opening an attachments in an email from the person you don’t know.
Most ransomware exploits Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. In some cases denying or disabling flash on your system may suspend some of the Child Pornography ransomware and enable the user to navigate through the infected system.
If this not a necessity for removal, skip to the removal options below these steps. To disable (deny) flash
2. Select the “Deny” radio option
3. Proceed to a removal option (detailed below).
IV. How to Remove Metropolitan British Police Interpol Virus (Ransomware Removal Guide)
This tutorial suits the removal of Ukash, PaysafeCard, MoneyPak and CashU ransomware.
Generally there are two situations when your computer got infected with this ransomware. One is that you can still boot your computer to safe mode and the another one is not. According to this, there are two removal options for each situation for you to choose.
- Option 1- Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore
- If your computer can still be booted into safe mode, and the system restore points are not deleted by the infection, you can choose this option for the ransomware removal.
- Option 2-Remove the Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk
- This method is the final solution for deep infection that you computer system is totally blocked from even the safe mode running or all system restore points are deleted by the infection.
Removal Option 1-Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore
Step 1> Launch your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
During the start, keep pressing F8 key till the Advanced Windows Options Menu shows up and then use the arrow key on the keyboard to highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option and then press Enter. See detailed instructions on how to boot Windows to Safe Mode
Note: make sure you login your computer with administrative privileges. (login as admin)
Step 2> Type explorer to access
Once the Command Prompt window appears you only have few seconds to type “explorer” and hit Enter. If you fail to do so within 2-3 seconds, the ransomware virus will not allow you to type anymore.
Step >3 Once Windows Explorer shows up browse to:
- Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Win Vista/7/8: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Step 4> Restore
Follow all steps to restore or recover your computer system to an earlier time and date (restore point), before infection.
Please note that chances are this virus may delete all of your stored restore points and then you may need to switch to option 2 to try the troubleshoot now.
Step 5> Scan bad leftovers and restart
Download, install, update and run the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender (direct download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html) to scan out and remove the bad leftovers in case it turns back. And then restart the computer to ensure the computer is all right.
BTW: after the virus removal, you are highly recommended to maintain/optimize your computer system using a tool like Cloud System Booster Cloud System Booster (download:www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html). It is a computer system cleaner/optimizer which can basically maintain your system performance. If you want a deep optimization, hard disk defragment would be a good idea. You may try the Anvi Ultimate Defrag (downoad:www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html) for efficiency defragment if the need arises.
Removal Option 2-Remove the Ransomware using Anvi Rescue Disk
In most cases of computer infected by ransomware, your PC would be totally blocked from any operation, including safe mode runing. Then, you can use the Anvi Rescue Disk to fix the issue together with the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender. Some patience and time is needed for this removal emthod. If any question in the process, please feel free to send your email below to our online Technical Support for timely help.
Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk for your reference.
Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file
Download the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site. (Both are packaged in the file offered to download below.)
Direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/rsd/
Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file to download; please be patient while it downloads.
Step 2> Record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive.
You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.
To record the Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive:
1. Firstly find a clean computer with correct internet connection and then connect your USB driver to the clean computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before using it to record the iso image.
2. Locate your download folder and double-click on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.
3. Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:
4. Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.
5.Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to the USB drive when you get the following message.
Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.
Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.
1. Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.
2. Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.
Step 3> Configure your infected computer to boot from the USB drive/DV/DVD
Restart your infected computer and configure it to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk.
Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.
For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information on how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.
The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key combinations:
- • Ctrl+Esc
- • Ctrl+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt
- • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
- • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- • Ctrl+Alt+Del
- • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
- • Ctrl+Alt+S
If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.
If you can’t enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.
Step> 4 Boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
After that let’s boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.
1. Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk
2. please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.
Step> 5 Run the Anvi Rescue Disk to scan and repair.
1. Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double-click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.
Important note: make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. If you fail to connect your computer to Internet, please check the tutorial on network configuration in this article: Network Troubleshooting Tips for Ransomware Removal Using Anvi Rescue Disk
2. Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.
3. Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threats detected by Anvi Rescue Disk.
4. Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue Disk.
Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. Otherwise, you would be disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.
Step>6 Download Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to ensure a clean computer.
After the repair, your computer should be clean and resuced from the evil claw of the ransomware infection. However, many professionally crafted ransomware variants have evolved to be very persistant, that is to say, harder to remove, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender by clicking Yes button on the prompted window to fulfill the download.
After the download, please restart your computer to normal Windows mode and then go to the folder: C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
Find the downloaded file asdsetup.exe and double click its file to install it and then start it to perform a full scan on your computer sytem, in order to ensure the computer is clean from any associated infections or leftovers.
After the scan, remove any detected infections and then you can have a clean computer now.
BTW: after the virus removal, you are highly recommended to maintain/optimize your computer system using a tool like Cloud System Booster Cloud System Booster (download:www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html). It is a computer system cleaner/optimizer which can basically maintain your system performance. If you want a deep optimization, hard disk defragment would be a good idea. You may try the Anvi Ultimate Defrag (downoad: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html) for efficiency defragment if the need arises.