This article contains step by step instructions on how to remove Music Box Toolbar and Search.ask.com redirect. Read and be still.
What is Music Box Toolbar
Music Box Toolbar, is classified as browser hijacker that will tamper with your default browser settings without your knowledge. In normal case, this toolbar installs on your PC bundled with free software downloaded from websites, especially download.com, softonic.com, CNET, Brothersoft , software.informer, etc. Once being infected, your browser will appear such a hijacking that your homepage and search engine are changed to http://www.search.ask.com and Ask.com respectively. Apart from these symptoms, this infection will also add extensions related to Music Box Toolbar to all your browsers. Is Music Box Toolbar just aimed at hijacking your browsers? Absolutely, the answer is no. Being infected by Music Box Toolbar is equal to “agreeing” that it is available to access to your private information. Your browsing habits, terms queried on the internet, email and even your name and phone number are cannot escaped from being stolen. Then, you will suffer from some bad influences aroused by this infection. For instance, you may be the target of telemarktors’ telemarketing.
Screenshot of Music Box Toolbar
How to Avoid being Infected by Music Box Toolbar
1: Be attentive when download free software from websites, such as download.com, softonic.com, CNET, Brothersoft, software.informer.
2: Always select Custom Installation instead of Recommended Installation and refuse any plugin by opting for Decline or Skip or other means during the process of installing such free software.
3: keep your antivirus software and other security protect applications up to data. And it is high recommended to install an software like Anvi Ad Blocker for blocking popup ads and malicious websites.
How to Remove Music Box Toolbar and Search.ask.com Redirect
Effective steps for the removal of Music Box Toolbar and Search.ask.com redirect
- Step 1: Uninstall Music Box and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
- Step 2: Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall Music Box Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for Music Box Toolbar, search Protected by conduit and other PUPs, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for Music Box Toolbar and other PUPs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for Music Box Toolbar and other PUPs, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Although Music Box Toolbar can be removed from control panel, there are still leftover items of this PUP remaining your PC system without your Knowledge. Anvi Uninstaller bundled with Cloud System Booster （System Maintenance& Optimizer) is recommended to help you remove this toolbar thoroughly and easily.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select Music Box Toolbar, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove any other unwanted programs one by one.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing Music Box Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations.
Please note: Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version.
6. After removing Music Box Toolbar, Anvi Uninstall will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. Please click Delete to remove it and then click Close.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain Http://www.search.ask.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
If your are Firefox users:
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://www.search.ask.com/ by clicking X behind it. And then enter the URL like www.google.com/.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://www.search.ask.com/ into http://www.google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, change Ask.com into Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine. And then click Done to finish the operation.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling Music Box Toolbar. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed Music Box Toolbar completely.
Though you remove Music Box Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.